Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. 15:52 - Aug 21 with 3997 viewsSouthamptonfan

Cracking goal he has scored. He has scored 2 in 2 games, only managing that in half a year at Saints. Funny that!

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:40 - Aug 21 with 874 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:29 - Aug 21 by Bicester_North

Personally I don’t wish him good luck, I wish him and Villa to lose more games than Saints.

Well obviously none of us wishes any team to win more than Saints 🙄

Some you lose, some you draw.

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:42 - Aug 21 with 869 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:34 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

And he blatantly lied. He didn't need to say he would only go to a top 4 club did he and then went to Villa. It's deceitful.

And why does anyone want to wish him luck? Good luck scoring against us, and sending us down or at least further down the table. Really?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:36]

I suppose there is a difference between wishing someone well and wishing them well at your own expense. Footie’s a difficult one to balance.

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:46 - Aug 21 with 856 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:42 - Aug 21 by weneedbigballz

I suppose there is a difference between wishing someone well and wishing them well at your own expense. Footie’s a difficult one to balance.

He doesn't play for Saints. He is now our competition in the same league. He left us, because he didn't want to play for us anymore. Nothing would annoy me more than seeing him celebrate goal after goal for Villa, in front of their adoring fans, whilst we get thrashed. I certainly don't wish him well at all.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:48]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:48 - Aug 21 with 855 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:00 - Aug 21 by Bicester_North

Football fans usually get pisssed off with players who leave, especially if they say they’d only leave for a reason like champs league and then go to Villa. Who are definitely a bigger club but not that bracket.

No surprise people think he’s a prick. So what if they do?

Nobody got the hump with Mané, Shaw and the like. The way some players leave gets on fans tits, no matter who you support.

Yep, agree with this. I think we fell into the hometown boy trap so our expectations as fans shifted massively.

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:51 - Aug 21 with 845 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:46 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

He doesn't play for Saints. He is now our competition in the same league. He left us, because he didn't want to play for us anymore. Nothing would annoy me more than seeing him celebrate goal after goal for Villa, in front of their adoring fans, whilst we get thrashed. I certainly don't wish him well at all.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:48]

Yep, but you’ve related that comment to our success or lack of, which is the real issue here, and now nothing to do with Ings.

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:53 - Aug 21 with 842 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:43 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

But he did say, he would only go to a top 4 club. So he is a liar? And VD, do you think he tried on his.last few games for us?

I remember all the slaggers on here when we signed a player perceived as over priced and injury prone. Fans aren’t loyal to players either

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:56 - Aug 21 with 834 viewsBicester_North

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:42 - Aug 21 by weneedbigballz

Well what good luck are people wishing him then? The better he does for one of our closer teams from last season, the worse for us.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:58 - Aug 21 with 827 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:51 - Aug 21 by weneedbigballz

Yep, but you’ve related that comment to our success or lack of, which is the real issue here, and now nothing to do with Ings.

So you wish him well scoring lots of goals for another team, meaning that Saints finish lower than them most probably? I don't. I hope he doesn't do well, so that Saints have more of a chance.

Login to get fewer ads

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:05 - Aug 21 with 819 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:56 - Aug 21 by Bicester_North

Well what good luck are people wishing him then? The better he does for one of our closer teams from last season, the worse for us.

I don’t wish him injury. I hope his career continues to go well. I don’t really care how Villa do against other teams unless it affects us. Someone has to win those games and it doesn’t bother me. If he and Targett both have good seasons, good for them. Targett btw is a player that plenty on here slagged to high heaven when he was at Saints. (Fans aren’t loyal to players either remember).

Reckon we’ll be closer to Newcastle than Villa this season, so pleased Villa took points off them.

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:10 - Aug 21 with 813 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:58 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

So you wish him well scoring lots of goals for another team, meaning that Saints finish lower than them most probably? I don't. I hope he doesn't do well, so that Saints have more of a chance.

Glad they beat Newcastle today yes - we will be closer to Newcastle than we are to Villa this season, so happy the Toon lost points. We’re in the 3rd tier of the Prem. Villa are way above us now in my opinion.

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:20 - Aug 21 with 793 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:10 - Aug 21 by weneedbigballz

Glad they beat Newcastle today yes - we will be closer to Newcastle than we are to Villa this season, so happy the Toon lost points. We’re in the 3rd tier of the Prem. Villa are way above us now in my opinion.

Yes, I can understand the point of view you are stating but a player that said he had come home, turning down 100 grand a week to stay at his boyhood club as the highest paid player in our history, grates. He then said he would only leave to go to a top 4 club and then went to villa, so he also blatantly lied to us all. For those reasons I can't bring myself to wish him well.

Had he said "look guys, I love this club and it breaks my heart but this club has no ambition, it's heading for relagtion, I would rather leave to advance my career, Villa have offered much more money and ambition, so I have decided to go". In that case I might have wished him well, had he shown some honesty and respect to the fans of his boyhood club.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 18:22]

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:30 - Aug 21 with 781 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:20 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, I can understand the point of view you are stating but a player that said he had come home, turning down 100 grand a week to stay at his boyhood club as the highest paid player in our history, grates. He then said he would only leave to go to a top 4 club and then went to villa, so he also blatantly lied to us all. For those reasons I can't bring myself to wish him well.

Had he said "look guys, I love this club and it breaks my heart but this club has no ambition, it's heading for relagtion, I would rather leave to advance my career, Villa have offered much more money and ambition, so I have decided to go". In that case I might have wished him well, had he shown some honesty and respect to the fans of his boyhood club.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 18:22]

Fair enough. Although everyone changes their tune all the time in football, that’s my point. Players do, fans do… etc etc. This isn’t just Ings. Also being the hometown boy in a struggling team must put tonnes more pressure on you (family, friends etc). Getting away probably felt a relief.

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:40 - Aug 21 with 760 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:30 - Aug 21 by weneedbigballz

Fair enough. Although everyone changes their tune all the time in football, that’s my point. Players do, fans do… etc etc. This isn’t just Ings. Also being the hometown boy in a struggling team must put tonnes more pressure on you (family, friends etc). Getting away probably felt a relief.

Fans and players do change their minds etc, that's true. But a bit honesty would go along way. Same thing would help with our owner. Just tell us what the situation is, instead of all the b@llocks. Wouldn't it be refreshing if a player, Messi, Ings and the like just said " I left for the money and the glory". Wouldn't it be refreshing, if they were honest, instead of pretending they love us so much, they would only go to a top 4 club.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 18:43]

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:41 - Aug 21 with 763 viewssaint68

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:29 - Aug 21 by weneedbigballz

No worse than every player from time to time. Out of touch, head goes down, team struggling etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I think all players are money grabbing and largely unloyal. So would every one of us be as well if we were in that position. Love the JWP news this week, but signing a new 5yr contract, when there are already 4 yrs left is all upside for him, not us
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:33]

This is a classic load the contract length to ensure maximum sale price in June of next year..its an appeasement to secure his services until then..win win basically for player and owners..sadly not for the supporters.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:42 - Aug 21 with 760 viewssaint68

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:29 - Aug 21 by Bicester_North

Personally I don’t wish him good luck, I wish him and Villa to lose more games than Saints.

He basically poisoned the second half of last season..that becomes more apparent week by week.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 19:15 - Aug 21 with 742 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:40 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

Fans and players do change their minds etc, that's true. But a bit honesty would go along way. Same thing would help with our owner. Just tell us what the situation is, instead of all the b@llocks. Wouldn't it be refreshing if a player, Messi, Ings and the like just said " I left for the money and the glory". Wouldn't it be refreshing, if they were honest, instead of pretending they love us so much, they would only go to a top 4 club.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 18:43]

Yep. And for fans to be honest and fair too?
As an example. Celtic fans are gutted they’ve lost Elyounoussi. On here fans are already slagging him that he’s not good enough etc…

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 19:52 - Aug 21 with 711 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 19:15 - Aug 21 by weneedbigballz

As an example. Celtic fans are gutted they’ve lost Elyounoussi. On here fans are already slagging him that he’s not good enough etc…

The difference being is that the fans are the paying customer. If you earn 10 million pounds a year, you could at least be honest with the fans who adored him.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 19:58]

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 20:04 - Aug 21 with 700 viewsChesham_Saint

It’s quite simple really. Football is a unique business model that expects blind loyalty from its “customers” but is in reality a business largely populated by cvnts.

With the exception of a notable few (MLT and hopefully, JWP) who do care about their club and fans, the rest pay lip service to the majority and are looking for as much money and glory as they can squeeze out of an admittedly short career and fvck everybody else.

Ings is in this latter category and although I don’t wish him long term pain or illness if he broke his leg next week and never played again I’d have a wry smile.

That’s right - I’m just as much a cvnt as the rest of them.

In short, fvck Ings and fvck the horse he rode in on.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 20:38 - Aug 21 with 686 viewsSadoldgit

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:34 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

And he blatantly lied. He didn't need to say he would only go to a top 4 club did he and then went to Villa. It's deceitful.

And why does anyone want to wish him luck? Good luck scoring against us, and sending us down or at least further down the table. Really?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:36]

Where is the evidence that he actually said that?
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 20:52 - Aug 21 with 680 viewsPatfromPoole

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 19:15 - Aug 21 by weneedbigballz

Are they gutted about losing him????

Blimey. Scottish football really is in the gutter….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 21:34 - Aug 21 with 655 viewsBuggalugs

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 20:04 - Aug 21 by Chesham_Saint

It’s quite simple really. Football is a unique business model that expects blind loyalty from its “customers” but is in reality a business largely populated by cvnts.

With the exception of a notable few (MLT and hopefully, JWP) who do care about their club and fans, the rest pay lip service to the majority and are looking for as much money and glory as they can squeeze out of an admittedly short career and fvck everybody else.

Ings is in this latter category and although I don’t wish him long term pain or illness if he broke his leg next week and never played again I’d have a wry smile.

That’s right - I’m just as much a cvnt as the rest of them.

In short, fvck Ings and fvck the horse he rode in on.

I’m with you Chesh

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 00:05 - Aug 22 with 612 viewsBicester_North

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 18:05 - Aug 21 by weneedbigballz

I don’t wish him injury. I hope his career continues to go well. I don’t really care how Villa do against other teams unless it affects us. Someone has to win those games and it doesn’t bother me. If he and Targett both have good seasons, good for them. Targett btw is a player that plenty on here slagged to high heaven when he was at Saints. (Fans aren’t loyal to players either remember).

Reckon we’ll be closer to Newcastle than Villa this season, so pleased Villa took points off them.

That’s up to you mush. I would rather Villa get relegated and Ings has a complete shocker. Good player but just another robot premier league helmet who f*cked off and came out with false platitudes. Unlike Ward Prowse.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 00:20 - Aug 22 with 603 viewskernow

I watched Match of the Day and some bloke who plays for Aston Villa scored a goal.
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 03:46 - Aug 22 with 588 views1teeminants

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:00 - Aug 21 by Bicester_North

Football fans usually get pisssed off with players who leave, especially if they say they’d only leave for a reason like champs league and then go to Villa. Who are definitely a bigger club but not that bracket.

No surprise people think he’s a prick. So what if they do?

Nobody got the hump with Mané, Shaw and the like. The way some players leave gets on fans tits, no matter who you support.

I don’t blame Ings for leaving but I get annoyed when people say “yes but he left for a bigger club “. WTF does that mean ? How many times have Villa finished above Saints in the last 20 years ? Yes Villa are bigger but so are Sheffield Wednesday FFS.

Bigger club means diddly squat.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 07:12 - Aug 22 with 544 viewsgreen

There's a lot to argue about what makes a bigger club, but Villa are clearly bigger than us.

I read that Ings would be on £120k per week at Villa compared with the £100k he would have got here, so that probably defines being a bigger club in most players eyes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024