Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerd Muller RIP 13:02 - Aug 16 with 539 viewsSadoldgit

Missed this news yesterday but another footballing legend has passed away. One of the best poaching goalscorers ever. His legs were too short for his body but it gave him a low centre of gravity which was ideal for a striker as he had amazing balance.
RIP
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 13:15]
Gerd Muller RIP on 15:40 - Aug 16 with 506 viewsChesham_Saint

Yes, an amazing player with an incredible record. I don't think I've ever fully recovered from the goals he smacked in against England in Mexico 70 when we somehow contrived to lose 3-2 having been 2-0 up (an early portend for following Saints..).

In their eulogy Bayern virtually give him all the credit for making them the footballing world power they are today.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Gerd Muller RIP on 15:45 - Aug 16 with 503 viewsSadoldgit

Gerd Muller RIP on 15:40 - Aug 16 by Chesham_Saint

Yes, an amazing player with an incredible record. I don't think I've ever fully recovered from the goals he smacked in against England in Mexico 70 when we somehow contrived to lose 3-2 having been 2-0 up (an early portend for following Saints..).

In their eulogy Bayern virtually give him all the credit for making them the footballing world power they are today.

Me neither. Mr brother was in tears after that game. He could certainly put the ball away. I used to wear Adidas Muller Goal boots and I swear that I scored more goals wearing them than other makes.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 15:49]
Gerd Muller RIP on 07:42 - Aug 19 with 394 viewsSaintNick

Gerd Muller RIP on 15:45 - Aug 16 by Sadoldgit

Me neither. Mr brother was in tears after that game. He could certainly put the ball away. I used to wear Adidas Muller Goal boots and I swear that I scored more goals wearing them than other makes.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 15:49]

I was thinking that Gerd Muller was part of the Kevin Keegan deal when he arrived at Saints but it was Gunther Netzer who a friend of mine saw at the Dell on the day Keegan was announced in February 1980, he was the General manager of Hamburger sv

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024