Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 10:53 - Aug 19 with 21575 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff City’s biggest rivals are Bristol City, this is a dwarfy fact. They are their biggest rivals because Swansea aren’t anymore. The reason for this is Swansea City are by far the biggest club in Wales and are far more successful in winning proper trophy’s and in European football. Oh, and they are scared of Swansea supporters, many of whom aren’t scared of them.

This fixture is on a Friday which is nearly the weekend. For some people it is the weekend, and for others not until they finish work, people without jobs have weekends all the time.

Look carefully and you can see a naked thrapping man in one of the fields.

Bristol City v Swansea City
Friday August 20th 2021
Kick off 7.45pm
Sue Ashton’s Gate

Match Officials
Geoff is one of them.

Swansea City fans arriving late in Bristol in 2019. Swansea City allocation of 2,235 tickets for this game have sold out.

Ryan Bennett could make a return.

Bristol City: Dan Bentley (captain), Danny Simpson, Jay Dasilva, Rob Atkinson, Matty James, Chris Martin, Andreas Weimann, Cameron Pring, Tomas Kalas, Alex Scott, Han-Noah Massengo.

Substitutes: Max O’Leary, Tyreeq Bakinson, Nathan Baker, Antoine Semenyo, Nahki Wells, Andy King, Kasey Palmer.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jamal Lowe, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda, Lincoln Mcfayden, Dan Williams.

Nothing to follow.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55541/russell-martin-out

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55544/swansea-city-fans-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:59 - Aug 20 with 3050 viewsFlashberryjack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:50 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

A big shout out to Brandon Cooper. What a brave and committed performance from young a young lad in a cauldron at times. Very proud of him.

I like the lad a lot, I think he's got a great future ahead.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:01 - Aug 20 with 3043 viewsBuckDancer

Great result. We really needed that!
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:05 - Aug 20 with 3000 viewsJack123

Enjoyed that, I'm keeping an eye on Laird, earlier on in the game he was playing it safe, but when he has a go.. :) I like the look of him

libera nos a malo

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:09 - Aug 20 with 2924 viewsonehunglow

Yep,Cooper B looks a decent lad .

Good for us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:20 - Aug 20 with 2844 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Interesting interview with Russ after the game - I think he implied the lads changed tactics. With the back three personnel we had it was the right choice. He’s happy anyway as are the rest of us.

You’d have to speculate though - just how much better off would Cooper have been with Benda between the sticks instead of steady Freddie?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:45 - Aug 20 with 2700 viewsnantywatcher

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:20 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Interesting interview with Russ after the game - I think he implied the lads changed tactics. With the back three personnel we had it was the right choice. He’s happy anyway as are the rest of us.

You’d have to speculate though - just how much better off would Cooper have been with Benda between the sticks instead of steady Freddie?

Mixed reaction to that interview, must be the only person who thought we played better in the first 3 games. Cooper would have been much better off with Benda.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:56 - Aug 20 with 2645 viewsangryjack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:36 - Aug 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Multiple times already Lowe has failed to control simple passes to him. It's unforgivable.

Said it all last season but people were saying he good when he useless is all round play is amateurish,touch reading the game movement useless
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 23:01 - Aug 20 with 2625 viewsswan65split

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:50 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

A big shout out to Brandon Cooper. What a brave and committed performance from young a young lad in a cauldron at times. Very proud of him.

I agree, also for Benda, no head dropping at the slip ups, just get on with it, how he wasn't in instead of woodman?!
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 23:07 - Aug 20 with 2587 viewsbritferry

a crucial win tonight, will give RM a bit of breathing space to fine tune things.

Connor Roberts back in 3 weeks... official, from a bloke down the pub

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 (n/t) on 23:13 - Aug 20 with 2558 viewsraynor94

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:45 - Aug 20 by nantywatcher

Mixed reaction to that interview, must be the only person who thought we played better in the first 3 games. Cooper would have been much better off with Benda.

The result must have killed you
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 23:14]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 23:20 - Aug 20 with 2531 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 23:01 - Aug 20 by swan65split

I agree, also for Benda, no head dropping at the slip ups, just get on with it, how he wasn't in instead of woodman?!

A lapse of judgment from Teflon Steve . Cost us a loan further up the pitch

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 23:30 - Aug 20 with 2490 viewsGeoffThom

Great result,I said the other day that as a professional football player no matter what the boss says you should know when to get rid of it and not play people into trouble or pass for passing sake
Benda is going to be a great player,better than woodman
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 23:46 - Aug 20 with 2451 viewsdobjack2

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 23:20 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

A lapse of judgment from Teflon Steve . Cost us a loan further up the pitch

Seemed more interested in developing players for other clubs that he knew rather our own players.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 00:11 - Aug 21 with 2400 viewsjoshdon10

Great performance away from home. Know they haven’t got a great home record but that is mostly under covid. Both set of fans sounded amazing today. My only moan would be Whittaker didn’t seem interested at all when he came on. Looks like he just uninterested to play/work for the team. For such a young age shame to see.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 00:44 - Aug 21 with 2340 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 23:30 - Aug 20 by GeoffThom

Great result,I said the other day that as a professional football player no matter what the boss says you should know when to get rid of it and not play people into trouble or pass for passing sake
Benda is going to be a great player,better than woodman

Coaching as a word has many connotations - it can mean shape and it can mean spending time with individual players to improve their skills and match play. Playing out from the back is fine when you have personnel at the back comfortable doing it . Benda knew his back three were going to struggle so he alleviated the pressure on them with some excellent long distribution of his own. Found away around and nullified the press. Adapt and overcome

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 00:51 - Aug 21 with 2331 viewsdobjack2

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 00:44 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Coaching as a word has many connotations - it can mean shape and it can mean spending time with individual players to improve their skills and match play. Playing out from the back is fine when you have personnel at the back comfortable doing it . Benda knew his back three were going to struggle so he alleviated the pressure on them with some excellent long distribution of his own. Found away around and nullified the press. Adapt and overcome

Leadership- adapting tactics on the pitch. Something I’ve criticised us for not doing.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 01:13 - Aug 21 with 2307 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 00:51 - Aug 21 by dobjack2

Leadership- adapting tactics on the pitch. Something I’ve criticised us for not doing.

I just hope that Martin learns from this and doesn’t take umbrage. If you’re going to make it as a top manager you have to learn that sometimes plan b or c is going to work better. And maybe plan A could do with a tweak. I was really impressed by the players tonight. Stood up and we’re counted with some great pressing and hard yards put in. Martin would be a fool to punish them - I don’t think he is though. I’m hoping he’s a football pragmatist who can see both sides - he will go far if he is.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 02:58 - Aug 21 with 2256 viewsDr_Parnassus

Superb result and a vital 3 points.

Today showed pragmatic way of playing is absolutely the way to go at the moment, it doesn’t have to be full on 650 passes a game with 70% possession. It’s often our own possession that kills us when you don’t have the squad to do it effectively.

This showed Martin is adaptable, isn’t so full of ego that he continued to do something even when it’s not working and he can’t only play one way as I assume he was joking when he said. The lack of faith shown in his adaptability has been extremely odd in the last few days.

Special mention to Laird who looks fantastic and Piroe with another who needs to nail down that spot, it can’t be given to Cullen in this system.

A much more enjoyable game, and shock horror it comes after we reign in the style that was quite clearly killing us.

Well done all, especially Martin for being astute enough to change it.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 03:39 - Aug 21 with 2239 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:49 - Aug 20 by Catullus

It's a start, we worked hard and you could see how tired they were. Fitness will come though and with fitness the touches will improve too.

A few times we could have played the forward pass sooner, a few times Piroe made great runs and the pass didn't go at all. he looks good and to be fair, Laird made some good runs with no pass or it was also late too, we could have done better but all things considered, great result.

Dr P should be happy now that we have been more pragmatic and played a few long balls when under pressure.
The defence held up well considering. I was concerned about all the yellows, I was sure Fulton would do something else!

I thought Benda did very well. People have been critical of him but I think he'll prove himself this season, prove that Cooper was wrong to bring Woodman back.
Cullen needs a loan somewhere. If he plays for us maybe he needs to be off Piroe's shoulder for a flick on? He's no good deeper, he hasn't got the passing in him but maybe as a poacher in the box he can thrive?

“ Dr P should be happy now that we have been more pragmatic and played a few long balls when under pressure. ”

Exactly, it was a relief to see glaring errors in past systems be corrected. I like Martin and said at the time I had no doubt he had the ability to do that, despite the people desperate for me to say I wanted him sacked.

A sensible approach is what many of us wanted, which is what we got… and we have reaped the rewards. Long may it continue.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 (n/t) on 07:54 - Aug 21 with 2138 viewsnantywatcher

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 (n/t) on 23:13 - Aug 20 by raynor94

The result must have killed you
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 23:14]

What a weird comment.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 (n/t) on 09:01 - Aug 21 with 2061 viewsraynor94

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 (n/t) on 07:54 - Aug 21 by nantywatcher

What a weird comment.

Not in the least, the negative claptrap you have been posting of late, is like you are willing Martin to fail.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 (n/t) on 09:50 - Aug 21 with 1989 viewsnantywatcher

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 (n/t) on 09:01 - Aug 21 by raynor94

Not in the least, the negative claptrap you have been posting of late, is like you are willing Martin to fail.

No. I want him to succeed big time. I found the first weeks of his tenure very unsettling and the football quite depressing after all the hype. I'll be over the moon if this match was a sign of the future under his leadership.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 10:22 - Aug 21 with 1933 viewsonehunglow

No matter what Russ says,yesterday saw a slight amendment to tactics with us being more direct and moving the ball forwards and quicker too.

We were dire against Stoke and I'm hoping Russ has accepted this but won't criticise players in public,which is fair enough.

It was good to see us keeping trying to get forward and Paterson had a brainfart in not making it 2-0.

If we truly have a plan ,we need to act wich means offering Cooper an extended improved contract as well as Benda.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 11:07 - Aug 21 with 1855 viewsBadlands

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 10:22 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

No matter what Russ says,yesterday saw a slight amendment to tactics with us being more direct and moving the ball forwards and quicker too.

We were dire against Stoke and I'm hoping Russ has accepted this but won't criticise players in public,which is fair enough.

It was good to see us keeping trying to get forward and Paterson had a brainfart in not making it 2-0.

If we truly have a plan ,we need to act wich means offering Cooper an extended improved contract as well as Benda.

Change of approach was down to all the changes. To play pass and move you need to have good understanding with team mates …. 4th league game 4th different starting 11 but with forced changes and new players.
How did that game end up with 10 yellow cards?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 11:09 - Aug 21 with 1850 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 11:07 - Aug 21 by Badlands

Change of approach was down to all the changes. To play pass and move you need to have good understanding with team mates …. 4th league game 4th different starting 11 but with forced changes and new players.
How did that game end up with 10 yellow cards?

Ref was completely overzealous but even then missed a yellow against Piroe in the second half.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024