Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 10:53 - Aug 19 with 21577 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff City’s biggest rivals are Bristol City, this is a dwarfy fact. They are their biggest rivals because Swansea aren’t anymore. The reason for this is Swansea City are by far the biggest club in Wales and are far more successful in winning proper trophy’s and in European football. Oh, and they are scared of Swansea supporters, many of whom aren’t scared of them.

This fixture is on a Friday which is nearly the weekend. For some people it is the weekend, and for others not until they finish work, people without jobs have weekends all the time.

Look carefully and you can see a naked thrapping man in one of the fields.

Bristol City v Swansea City
Friday August 20th 2021
Kick off 7.45pm
Sue Ashton’s Gate

Match Officials
Geoff is one of them.

Swansea City fans arriving late in Bristol in 2019. Swansea City allocation of 2,235 tickets for this game have sold out.

Ryan Bennett could make a return.

Bristol City: Dan Bentley (captain), Danny Simpson, Jay Dasilva, Rob Atkinson, Matty James, Chris Martin, Andreas Weimann, Cameron Pring, Tomas Kalas, Alex Scott, Han-Noah Massengo.

Substitutes: Max O’Leary, Tyreeq Bakinson, Nathan Baker, Antoine Semenyo, Nahki Wells, Andy King, Kasey Palmer.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jamal Lowe, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda, Lincoln Mcfayden, Dan Williams.

Nothing to follow.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55541/russell-martin-out

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55544/swansea-city-fans-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:13 - Aug 20 with 2107 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We’re playing it much smarter tonight. Catching city out with crossfield and a couple of longer balls

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:18 - Aug 20 with 2048 viewsJohnw102

Benda having a good game.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:20 - Aug 20 with 2022 viewsjasper_T

Defence getting dragged so far right. Cooper's not the quickest so tough to get across and cover.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:21 - Aug 20 with 2005 viewsdantheswansman

What's that blonde heifer shouting at Martin? she is always in camera shot when it goes on Martin, she asking for recommendations of a good Chinese?
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:24 - Aug 20 with 1969 viewsKeithHaynes

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:21 - Aug 20 by dantheswansman

What's that blonde heifer shouting at Martin? she is always in camera shot when it goes on Martin, she asking for recommendations of a good Chinese?

Plenty on Gloucester Road 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:24 - Aug 20 with 1958 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think it’s helped not playing two out and out DM’s tonight. We are getting forward more quickly as a consequence

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:26 - Aug 20 with 1941 viewsjasper_T

Throw in down our left there and all three centre halves were within ten yards of the touchline when Latibeaudiere went in with one of their players. Laird not even around on the cover. Playing a dangerous game.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:28 - Aug 20 with 1919 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Got to play that first time to Piroe. Made the chance much more difficult

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:30 - Aug 20 with 1893 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:26 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

Throw in down our left there and all three centre halves were within ten yards of the touchline when Latibeaudiere went in with one of their players. Laird not even around on the cover. Playing a dangerous game.

A big plus for us - how competitive we are and the harrying of City players - good work. Hope we can keep it up

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:33 - Aug 20 with 1870 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:21 - Aug 20 by dantheswansman

I was going to comment thus but tink it's hate speech.

I wouldn't though.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:35 - Aug 20 with 1857 viewsGwyn737

Much better with the ball.

Without the ball is still pretty scary.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:36 - Aug 20 with 1849 viewsdantheswansman

Benda is a great shot stopper but every single time the ball comes to his feet i clench my ass a little
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:37 - Aug 20 with 1817 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Benda is an elite, world class goalkeeper playing in The Championship.

He's absolutely phenomenal at positioning himself in the best place he can when the opposition player shoots.

Let's hope we get a good fee.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:37 - Aug 20 with 1820 viewsdantheswansman

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:33 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

I was going to comment thus but tink it's hate speech.

I wouldn't though.

I stand corrected, let me hang my head in shame for the next six months and make a generous donation to the "blondes against negativity"charity;s
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 20:39]
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:37 - Aug 20 with 1813 viewsjasper_T

Latibeaudiere gets thrown about more than Dan James did. Lucky the ref's showing sympathy.

Martin needs a few weeks to work on some attacking patterns. It's all a bit improv at the moment. Players hesitating and turning away from good areas.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:38 - Aug 20 with 1805 viewskrunchykarrot

Cullens work rate has been excellent, Piroe looks like he can do a job at 9. Is it me though we still look a little sluggish at times?
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:39 - Aug 20 with 1780 viewsDr_Winston

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:38 - Aug 20 by krunchykarrot

Cullens work rate has been excellent, Piroe looks like he can do a job at 9. Is it me though we still look a little sluggish at times?

It's all a work in progress. If fitness levels are as poor as RM claims then it'll take a few weeks to get up to speed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:39 - Aug 20 with 1767 viewsmagicdaps10

Weakened team but you can see the plan, defence is very dodgy but totally understandable due to the entire first choice 3 at present unavailable.

Big 45 here! We can get a win will be a massive confidence boost but its going to be a long 45 minutes second half.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:40 - Aug 20 with 1757 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:36 - Aug 20 by dantheswansman

Benda is a great shot stopper but every single time the ball comes to his feet i clench my ass a little

He’s been pretty damn good with his distribution today. I’m really warming towards him .
As for Piroe, a great display. Strong, decent in the air and can hold the ball up. If we can spend money on a midfielder who’s brain works as quick as JP then he will do very very well this season.
He’s been excellent , 4 out of 5 shots on target at reading and looking as good tonight.
Gray May just be a back up to this kid, I hope he rams JVZ’s words down his throat

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:41 - Aug 20 with 1753 viewskrunchykarrot

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:39 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

It's all a work in progress. If fitness levels are as poor as RM claims then it'll take a few weeks to get up to speed.

Yeh perhaps, im liking what im seeing tonight i can see improvement.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:42 - Aug 20 with 1741 viewsDr_Winston

Benda's strong at the key areas. He's confident, can catch and makes decisions quickly. His work with the ball at feet needs improvement but a lot of that comes with experience and coaching.

Just a shame that he's twelve months behind where he should be because Stevie wanted one of his boys with him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:43 - Aug 20 with 1718 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:05 - Aug 20 by Treforys_Jack

Fulton becoming a liability, not the sharpest tool in the box obviously.

He’s improved a lot as the game has gone on in fairness. Only his second game back don’t forget

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:43 - Aug 20 with 1704 viewsonehunglow

Piroe will prove to be a fine player for us.
Sorry Cullen is so much a weak link.
I was looking forward to Joseph playing sometime soon.

Better though,much better.

Benda is one to tie down now to a bigger deal.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:44 - Aug 20 with 1707 viewsjackrabbit

There’s a real energy about the team tonight - I’m enjoying it. The excellent goal has injected some confidence and we’re playing some nice stuff at times. Still scary when Brizzle get the ball across our penalty area. We need another goal because they look very likely to get a goal second half. Much improved though, and promising for the future.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:44 - Aug 20 with 1696 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I would prefer it if our players put together more than 2 passes at a time though.
I do like the fact we look to attack more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024