Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 10:53 - Aug 19 with 21579 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff City’s biggest rivals are Bristol City, this is a dwarfy fact. They are their biggest rivals because Swansea aren’t anymore. The reason for this is Swansea City are by far the biggest club in Wales and are far more successful in winning proper trophy’s and in European football. Oh, and they are scared of Swansea supporters, many of whom aren’t scared of them.

This fixture is on a Friday which is nearly the weekend. For some people it is the weekend, and for others not until they finish work, people without jobs have weekends all the time.

Look carefully and you can see a naked thrapping man in one of the fields.

Bristol City v Swansea City
Friday August 20th 2021
Kick off 7.45pm
Sue Ashton’s Gate

Match Officials
Geoff is one of them.

Swansea City fans arriving late in Bristol in 2019. Swansea City allocation of 2,235 tickets for this game have sold out.

Ryan Bennett could make a return.

Bristol City: Dan Bentley (captain), Danny Simpson, Jay Dasilva, Rob Atkinson, Matty James, Chris Martin, Andreas Weimann, Cameron Pring, Tomas Kalas, Alex Scott, Han-Noah Massengo.

Substitutes: Max O’Leary, Tyreeq Bakinson, Nathan Baker, Antoine Semenyo, Nahki Wells, Andy King, Kasey Palmer.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jamal Lowe, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda, Lincoln Mcfayden, Dan Williams.

Nothing to follow.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55541/russell-martin-out

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55544/swansea-city-fans-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:21 - Aug 20 with 2525 viewsjasper_T

Laird reading the forums, starting to get at them more regularly now.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:22 - Aug 20 with 2523 viewsdantheswansman

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:20 - Aug 20 by Johnw102

Anybody seen Tatey? Can’t see him on the coach’s bench.

He's been knocking out the Bristol city backroom staff and carted off to the holding cells, joking i am, i don't know
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 21:23]
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:22 - Aug 20 with 2519 viewsjasper_T

Piroe's been class, working so hard.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:25 - Aug 20 with 2492 viewsmagicdaps10

Will be amazed if we don't conceded here, tiredness is kicking in and gaps appearing.

Laird and Piroe 👍

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:25 - Aug 20 with 2488 viewsswan65split

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:20 - Aug 20 by KeithHaynes

Do they really have enough to threaten us ?

Fitness if anything.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:26 - Aug 20 with 2463 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:22 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

He's excellent. He works tirelessly to try and make himself available for a pass.

Contrast that with Lowe... Well. Let's hope we've seen the last of him starting league matches for us.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:27 - Aug 20 with 2475 viewsdantheswansman

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:22 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

He is quality, just needs a little bit more service to him
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:36 - Aug 20 with 2361 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:27 - Aug 20 by dantheswansman

He is quality, just needs a little bit more service to him

Multiple times already Lowe has failed to control simple passes to him. It's unforgivable.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:40 - Aug 20 with 2312 viewsFlashberryjack

Phew !

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:41 - Aug 20 with 2294 viewsdantheswansman

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:40 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Phew !

Wonderful, support the process!
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:41 - Aug 20 with 2292 viewsjasper_T

They deserved that early whistle for all the yards they were stealing in injury time. Shameless.

Latibeaudiere terrifies me.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:43 - Aug 20 with 2265 viewsChief

Far better. Martin adapted. Still rode our luck but brilliant to get the first 3 points on the board.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:43 - Aug 20 with 2264 viewsmagicdaps10

Over the win with that, needed.

Defence is a worry and we need strengthening badly but that is a bonus.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:44 - Aug 20 with 2248 viewsswan65split

too old for this shyte!!1 great win, only going to the confidence a boost

well done YJB

for the cooperists....fist pumps.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:45 - Aug 20 with 2229 viewsDr_Winston

Judging by the way they greeted each other when he went off, I'm going out on a limb and stating that rumours that there are issues between Martin and Piroe are not all that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:45 - Aug 20 with 2224 viewsmax936

That's better excellent battling performance, great finish from Piroe, Grimes excellent, special mentions for Bidwell, Paterson and Laird, Benda excellent, we grew into the game and controlled it in parts, onwards and upwards from here, hopefully.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:46 - Aug 20 with 2202 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Much needed win for confidence. Piroe and Laird are improvements, less playing around at the back tonight and I'd say Stoke were a lot better than Bristol City.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:49 - Aug 20 with 2157 viewsCatullus

It's a start, we worked hard and you could see how tired they were. Fitness will come though and with fitness the touches will improve too.

A few times we could have played the forward pass sooner, a few times Piroe made great runs and the pass didn't go at all. he looks good and to be fair, Laird made some good runs with no pass or it was also late too, we could have done better but all things considered, great result.

Dr P should be happy now that we have been more pragmatic and played a few long balls when under pressure.
The defence held up well considering. I was concerned about all the yellows, I was sure Fulton would do something else!

I thought Benda did very well. People have been critical of him but I think he'll prove himself this season, prove that Cooper was wrong to bring Woodman back.
Cullen needs a loan somewhere. If he plays for us maybe he needs to be off Piroe's shoulder for a flick on? He's no good deeper, he hasn't got the passing in him but maybe as a poacher in the box he can thrive?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:49 - Aug 20 with 2155 viewsGwyn737

We’ll I really enjoyed that.

It’s an odd feeling I struggle to remember.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:50 - Aug 20 with 2152 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:45 - Aug 20 by max936

That's better excellent battling performance, great finish from Piroe, Grimes excellent, special mentions for Bidwell, Paterson and Laird, Benda excellent, we grew into the game and controlled it in parts, onwards and upwards from here, hopefully.

A big shout out to Brandon Cooper. What a brave and committed performance from young a young lad in a cauldron at times. Very proud of him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:50 - Aug 20 with 2141 viewsjackrabbit

Very encouraging. I feel encouraged.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:53 - Aug 20 with 2119 viewsProfessor

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:45 - Aug 20 by max936

Bidwell and Laird were a threat all game. Grimes at his best with Paterson a good outlet. Piroe got a shot on target or forced a corner with nearly every touch in the box. Worked hard and not afraid to get stuck in.
Let’s hope for more of this
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:55 - Aug 20 with 2102 viewsmax936

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:50 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

A big shout out to Brandon Cooper. What a brave and committed performance from young a young lad in a cauldron at times. Very proud of him.

I concur he was excellent also, I should have included him in with the players I mentioned.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:57 - Aug 20 with 2061 viewsjasper_T

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:53 - Aug 20 by Professor

Bidwell and Laird were a threat all game. Grimes at his best with Paterson a good outlet. Piroe got a shot on target or forced a corner with nearly every touch in the box. Worked hard and not afraid to get stuck in.

Bidwell a threat but did he ever deliver? Wasted most of his openings with poor touches or being offside. Fingers crossed we see Manning given a chance there when some defenders are fit.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:58 - Aug 20 with 2060 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:53 - Aug 20 by Professor

His precision excites me prof. I can’t recall any striker for us that would have been that clinical in the past few years bar Michu. Looks fantastic, ran his b*llocks off popping up at right back once to defend!

If we start to dominate games in midfield and get our build up play right he could get a hat full this season.

Grimes won MOM but he was millimetres behind him imho

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024