Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vigil 09:27 - Aug 30 with 827 viewsSadoldgit

No, not a biopic about VVD but a cracking new BBC Sunday night drama set on a nuclear sub. Watch it. You won’t be disappointed.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 10:51]
Virgil on 09:54 - Aug 30 with 797 viewsChesham_Saint

I heard it was going to be cancelled following Nichola Krankie’s deal with the Scottish Greens…?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Virgil on 10:29 - Aug 30 with 759 viewskingslandstand1

Virgil on 09:54 - Aug 30 by Chesham_Saint

I heard it was going to be cancelled following Nichola Krankie’s deal with the Scottish Greens…?

Wasn't that one of them lying dead in the road at the start. WhyTF did she not just carry on and drive over her!!
Virgil on 10:35 - Aug 30 with 753 views1885_SFC

It's Vigil - not Virgil.

My father served on subs for 29-years - including nuclear subs. I spent the day on some of his nuclear subs when I was younger... HMS Warspite, HMS Courageous, and when I was in Naples working on HMS Bulwark, I had a 'call round' (piss up) on the nuclear sub HMS Superb.

I didn't see hardly anything in last night's new BBC drama series that resembled a Royal Navy nuclear submarine! I'm guessing the MoD were reluctant to give the production company any hints or tips on Britain's latest nuclear fleet of boats!!!

Old School is Cool

Virgil on 10:52 - Aug 30 with 732 viewsSadoldgit

Virgil on 10:35 - Aug 30 by 1885_SFC

It's Vigil - not Virgil.

My father served on subs for 29-years - including nuclear subs. I spent the day on some of his nuclear subs when I was younger... HMS Warspite, HMS Courageous, and when I was in Naples working on HMS Bulwark, I had a 'call round' (piss up) on the nuclear sub HMS Superb.

I didn't see hardly anything in last night's new BBC drama series that resembled a Royal Navy nuclear submarine! I'm guessing the MoD were reluctant to give the production company any hints or tips on Britain's latest nuclear fleet of boats!!!

My apologies. Now corrected.
Virgil on 10:59 - Aug 30 with 715 views1885_SFC

Virgil on 10:52 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

My apologies. Now corrected.

Back of the class. No gold star. See me after school.

Old School is Cool

Vigil on 12:08 - Aug 30 with 673 viewsBLEEDRED

The MOD are hardly going to show you what a real nuclear sub is like!!
Virgil on 13:31 - Aug 30 with 627 viewskingslandstand1

Virgil on 10:35 - Aug 30 by 1885_SFC

It's Vigil - not Virgil.

There was an article in yesterday's paper about the "set" for the programme in as much as they had no help (understandably!) from the MOD/Navy and what we saw was based on Hollywood

There were a couple of ex sub-mariners as advisers in as much as when the set designer had done a few drawings and asked if "stairs were like that?" or similar the advice they gave was a simple yes or no!

But does accuracy of the layout really matter? It was pretty good drama and I'd like to think totally ficticious as it didn't exactly paint a very good image of the Navy, But no doubt more will be unravelled as it goes on
Virgil on 18:14 - Aug 30 with 565 views1885_SFC

Virgil on 13:31 - Aug 30 by kingslandstand1

There was an article in yesterday's paper about the "set" for the programme in as much as they had no help (understandably!) from the MOD/Navy and what we saw was based on Hollywood

There were a couple of ex sub-mariners as advisers in as much as when the set designer had done a few drawings and asked if "stairs were like that?" or similar the advice they gave was a simple yes or no!

But does accuracy of the layout really matter? It was pretty good drama and I'd like to think totally ficticious as it didn't exactly paint a very good image of the Navy, But no doubt more will be unravelled as it goes on

I'm surprised the TV production company didn't contact the Russians for our nuclear sub layout plans. I'm pretty sure they have up-to-date drawings.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024