Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any more then? 21:18 - Aug 26 with 2084 viewssaint22

Worrall coming?

I see CarValho off to Norwich Delaney ended up at Sevilla, Zouma to West Ham, Williams to Norwich
Any more then? on 21:21 - Aug 26 with 2060 viewsButty101

Even with fees and bonuses paid we still must have at least 10mill left to spend, and don’t forget we reinvest every penny we bring in lol

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Any more then? on 21:27 - Aug 26 with 2059 viewsElijahK

Yeah well we’ve sold like £50mill worth of players this season, but only spent like £38/39mill so still have £11/12mill left to spend, and Ralph did say today that that club still wants to sign a number 6 (aka a central midfielder (although I thought that 6 was a central defender and that a central midfielder was 4)) so that’ll probably be the only position in which we get. But we will probably get one more signing in, which will certainly help to end what’s gotta be the best transfer market we could have with the £0 we’ve had invested into us (but still a great transfer market).

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Any more then? on 21:48 - Aug 26 with 2023 viewssaint22

Any more then? on 21:27 - Aug 26 by ElijahK

Yeah well we’ve sold like £50mill worth of players this season, but only spent like £38/39mill so still have £11/12mill left to spend, and Ralph did say today that that club still wants to sign a number 6 (aka a central midfielder (although I thought that 6 was a central defender and that a central midfielder was 4)) so that’ll probably be the only position in which we get. But we will probably get one more signing in, which will certainly help to end what’s gotta be the best transfer market we could have with the £0 we’ve had invested into us (but still a great transfer market).

Are you the clubs new pr?
Any more then? on 22:38 - Aug 26 with 1959 viewsElijahK

Any more then? on 21:48 - Aug 26 by saint22

I’d sure love to be!

Any more then? on 08:24 - Aug 27 with 1771 viewsSaintNick

Any more then? on 21:48 - Aug 26 by saint22

I cant see why just saying that it has been a good transfer window makes you the club's PR, in truth the club could do with a good PR , it's problem has been that whilst people spread rumour about it all social media, it says nothing to counter it and therefore people start to believe what they say as the truth.

On far larger scales similar campaigns have brought down governments and created some of the world's most tyrannical regimes

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Any more then? on 08:54 - Aug 27 with 1718 viewsButty101

Any more then? on 08:24 - Aug 27 by SaintNick

I cant see why just saying that it has been a good transfer window makes you the club's PR, in truth the club could do with a good PR , it's problem has been that whilst people spread rumour about it all social media, it says nothing to counter it and therefore people start to believe what they say as the truth.

On far larger scales similar campaigns have brought down governments and created some of the world's most tyrannical regimes

I think by christmas we can say if its a good window. on paper we have aweaker first team but possibly a stronger squad.
had Armstrong buried his chances against united, i think most fans would have forgotten about Ings.

What pleased me in the week was Tellas coolness in taking his chance

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Any more then? on 09:10 - Aug 27 with 1709 viewsSadoldgit

After all the doom and gloom when Ings left, hopefully the mood has improved somewhat what now? We have found an excellent and reasonably priced replacement for Ings, a new star in the making in Livramento along with some other promising youngsters. The gorilla looks like a bit of a character. Once Stuey is fit we have a decent looking starting X1 with some good options on the bench. I know it isn’t cool or fashionable to praise the club on here, but I think Ralph and the recruitment team have done well this summer on a tight budget.
Any more then? on 09:34 - Aug 27 with 1684 views1885_SFC

Any more then? on 09:10 - Aug 27 by Sadoldgit

After all the doom and gloom when Ings left, hopefully the mood has improved somewhat what now? We have found an excellent and reasonably priced replacement for Ings, a new star in the making in Livramento along with some other promising youngsters. The gorilla looks like a bit of a character. Once Stuey is fit we have a decent looking starting X1 with some good options on the bench. I know it isn’t cool or fashionable to praise the club on here, but I think Ralph and the recruitment team have done well this summer on a tight budget.

Indeed - much more options on the bench this season... as long as someone mentions this to Ralph during the game and FA rules state that you don't have to wait until the 80th minute+ to use them.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Any more then? on 09:37 - Aug 27 with 1679 viewsSadoldgit

I do wonder if he has put off making changes in the past because the options on the bench haven’t been great? He has referred to substitutions before as not making things better.
Any more then? on 09:53 - Aug 27 with 1666 viewsSonicBoom

I think we've done pretty well all things considered. I do like Armstrong, I think he'll turn out to be the best finisher we have.
Theres a good article on the athletic about how saints have made a conscious decision to go after the best young players. It makes the point that whilst this could a productive plan you still need to win games.
I just hope that Ralph picks the right teams now. For a start he needs to find a way to get Walker Peters and Livramento in the same side. Livramento looks good but the benefit is reduced massively if his inclusion means that one of our best players is left out.
Any more then? on 12:10 - Aug 27 with 1597 viewsElijahK

Any more then? on 08:54 - Aug 27 by Butty101

I think by christmas we can say if its a good window. on paper we have aweaker first team but possibly a stronger squad.
had Armstrong buried his chances against united, i think most fans would have forgotten about Ings.

What pleased me in the week was Tellas coolness in taking his chance

I dunno about that though, as Bertrand was just getting old and was never the highlight of the squad for ether praise or criticism, and so far that Parraid has been no different. Vestergaard was a very poor player to start with and only really had a amazing half of the season (aka the starts of last season) as the second half he was just ok in, but if this Lyvro does decent enough then I doubt he’ll be missed ether. And Ings wise, well he’ll definitely be missed, but he was poor towards the end of last season and even then with how well Adams has improved, so I’d Armstrong can get going then I doubt he’ll be a major miss ether.

So as long as those players we’ve signed we’ve certainly increased the squad depth, hence why I personally think our squad has got better, as Ralph actually now has a few players to choose from can have a plan B

Any more then? on 14:39 - Aug 27 with 1512 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fair play to Saints on a tight budget and Nick called it. We have Elyanoussi, Redmond, Tella, Broja, walker-peters, all on the bench. The 2nd team was obviously brilliant the other night, so it's looking positive. Livramento is a great signing cheaply, Perraud looks good, Adam Armstrong looks good so yes it's been a successful transfer window in the end. And to do it without spending anything (net) is very impressive.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Any more then? on 17:00 - Aug 27 with 1391 viewsBison

I see now we have also missed out on Ronaldo as he has gone the Man Utd. I am sure we could of played him at centre-half.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Any more then? on 20:52 - Aug 27 with 1300 viewsSadoldgit

Any more then? on 17:00 - Aug 27 by Bison

I see now we have also missed out on Ronaldo as he has gone the Man Utd. I am sure we could of played him at centre-half.

Or maybe in goal?
Any more then? on 21:38 - Aug 27 with 1249 viewsKennington

Any more then? on 21:27 - Aug 26 by ElijahK

We’ve been in the richest football league in the world for a decade. Why do we still need to sell before we buy? I think it’s a pretty poor show we still have to sell before strengthening.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Any more then? on 22:45 - Aug 27 with 1201 viewsElijahK

Any more then? on 21:38 - Aug 27 by Kennington

We’ve been in the richest football league in the world for a decade. Why do we still need to sell before we buy? I think it’s a pretty poor show we still have to sell before strengthening.

Mate I completely agree, but with Gao investing bugger all into the club then we have to do that if we wanna spend more than like £10mill

Any more then? on 08:12 - Aug 28 with 1048 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Any more then? on 21:38 - Aug 27 by Kennington

I COMPLETLY AGREE - for the life of me could never understand having 2 England GOALKEEPERS with one given a 5 year MEGA MONEY contract -- THEN SPLASHING OUT ANOTHER £15 MILLION on Angus Gunn ???? So then having 3 top flight goalkeepers - Am I missing something? ........ When we were - and still are TRYING to strengthen and find a CH leader to organise and Marshall our leaky defence?

Goa only joined for his own money laundering reasons - and has no interest in our club whatsoever!

Having said that - i am encouraged by Ely hat - trick @ Newport and the form of our other youngster's and hope that Ralph - can now find were to play Ely as I believe that HE CAN score us some goals!!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Any more then? on 11:21 - Aug 28 with 916 viewsSadoldgit

Any more then? on 08:12 - Aug 28 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

I COMPLETLY AGREE - for the life of me could never understand having 2 England GOALKEEPERS with one given a 5 year MEGA MONEY contract -- THEN SPLASHING OUT ANOTHER £15 MILLION on Angus Gunn ???? So then having 3 top flight goalkeepers - Am I missing something? ........ When we were - and still are TRYING to strengthen and find a CH leader to organise and Marshall our leaky defence?

Goa only joined for his own money laundering reasons - and has no interest in our club whatsoever!

Having said that - i am encouraged by Ely hat - trick @ Newport and the form of our other youngster's and hope that Ralph - can now find were to play Ely as I believe that HE CAN score us some goals!!

Ely showed at Celtic that he can score goals and provide assists but I am not sure where he fits in with Ralph’s main system when he has a fully fit squad. Perhaps he can be a useful part of a Plan B though?
Any more then? on 12:17 - Aug 28 with 877 viewssaint22

Any more then? on 11:21 - Aug 28 by Sadoldgit

Ely showed at Celtic that he can score goals and provide assists but I am not sure where he fits in with Ralph’s main system when he has a fully fit squad. Perhaps he can be a useful part of a Plan B though?

Mo would do a damn sight more than Walcott is so that’s enough for me
Any more then? on 15:57 - Aug 30 with 637 viewsSadoldgit

Valery off to Olympiacos for a season loan?
Any more then? on 16:01 - Aug 30 with 626 viewsDorsetIan

Any more then? on 15:57 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

Valery off to Olympiacos for a season loan?

That makes sense. I thought he played very well against Newport but he has largely disappointed in the Prem.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Any more then? on 16:17 - Aug 30 with 606 viewsCity_boy

Any more then? on 08:12 - Aug 28 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

I dont't think any of them were/are ''top flight' keepers. Gunn's not even 1st choice at Norwich.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024