Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray inbound 11:18 - Aug 30 with 43548 viewsJames_Paddocks

Having a medical this morning, according to the wonderful world of QPR Twitter...

Watford fans seem delighted to see the back of him.

I'll trust Warbs, Les and Lee though.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 11:54]
Andre Gray inbound on 19:50 - Aug 31 with 3790 viewsSuperhoops2808

Andre Gray inbound on 18:48 - Aug 31 by Kensal_Ranger

And I wish to associate myself with that sensible position.
Seconded!

Changed your tune quickly
Andre Gray inbound on 19:51 - Aug 31 with 3761 viewsbakerloo8

Andre Gray inbound on 19:50 - Aug 31 by QPR_Jim

I hope he does well for us and I'll take him at his word on apologising for his previous comments.

What I won't accept though, is people forgetting about Ale Faurlin.

Yea cant argue that. Ale a class act 👌
Andre Gray inbound on 19:54 - Aug 31 with 3757 viewsted_hendrix

Big thumbs up from me regarding this signing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Andre Gray inbound on 20:23 - Aug 31 with 3409 viewswood_hoop

Andre Gray inbound on 19:54 - Aug 31 by ted_hendrix

Big thumbs up from me regarding this signing.

+1

I have a feeling MW has been very crafty with this signing, AG seem to have been unsetttled at Watford for a while, pre season you can bet they would have wanted a fee, by not showing his hand too early got him on a free, maybe only a loan but will be a good test for AG to see if he fits in.

Maybe a bit Sherlock Holmes on my thinking but we will see, good luck to him.....
Andre Gray inbound on 20:35 - Aug 31 with 3284 viewsgobbles

Andre Gray inbound on 13:43 - Aug 30 by distortR

yeah, there's a great local saying - "judge me by the man I am, not the man I was".

Just so glad we didn't have social media when I was young - the shit I spoke was just to mates.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 13:56]

Did you used to go around saying gay people should burn and die?
Let's be clear, what he put on social media was pretty extreme, it wasn't just using non-PC or out of date language.
Yeah, people can change and agents can write good apologies, but, sorry, as the father of an 11-year-old, I find all that a bit unpalatable
Andre Gray inbound on 21:04 - Aug 31 with 3011 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I also would feel very uneasy about this, if it happens. I truly hope he has changed.

I'm pleased that Kane was punished for breaking our code but, while we must recognise that Gray's tweets are historic and that he may have changed his views and behaviour, it still feels odd to me that Gray is on the way in while Kane is rightly on the way out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Andre Gray inbound on 21:05 - Aug 31 with 2989 viewsdmm

Andre Gray inbound on 21:04 - Aug 31 by BrianMcCarthy

I also would feel very uneasy about this, if it happens. I truly hope he has changed.

I'm pleased that Kane was punished for breaking our code but, while we must recognise that Gray's tweets are historic and that he may have changed his views and behaviour, it still feels odd to me that Gray is on the way in while Kane is rightly on the way out.

It has happened, Brian.
Andre Gray inbound on 21:18 - Aug 31 with 2859 viewsGroveR

He's engaged to one of Little Mix, advocates for female empowerment, Body positivity, Anti-racism and LGBT rights. Not the one I thump myself into a sweaty, shameful mess for but it takes different strokes to move the world.
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Gray inbound on 21:22 - Aug 31 with 2812 viewsGloryHunter

Andre Gray inbound on 21:18 - Aug 31 by GroveR

He's engaged to one of Little Mix, advocates for female empowerment, Body positivity, Anti-racism and LGBT rights. Not the one I thump myself into a sweaty, shameful mess for but it takes different strokes to move the world.

She must see something in him.
Andre Gray inbound on 21:23 - Aug 31 with 2797 viewsCiderwithRsie

Andre Gray inbound on 21:04 - Aug 31 by BrianMcCarthy

Different issue, I think.

Gray's tweets were disgusting but leaving aside the fact that they are from a long time ago, it's a free country when it comes to opinions. He's a footballer not a politician or Archbishop of Canterbury. Same as Geoff Cameron.

In Kane's case the club stood up for him over the stuff that got him his ban, so that's not the problem. Leaving aside anything we don't know about, the thing we know about was publicly dissing a team-mate. That goes to team spirit, it's directly linked to performance on the pitch. In a new side it's behind him and good luck to him but I understand why Warburton thought a line had been crossed.

I don't mean that homophobia is less serious than being rude to Ossie Kakay, it's just that some things are employment matters and others, however much worse, aren't. I'd actually take a stand on that as a matter of political principle.
Andre Gray inbound on 21:28 - Aug 31 with 2761 viewsjoe90

Andre Gray inbound on 21:22 - Aug 31 by GloryHunter

His wife did a show about racism and confronted him about his racist tweets. To his credit he has publicily confronted the issue which is a lot more than other similar people would or have done. But Iike I said before, didn't think he was the type of character that would suit the club. I hope he does well for us but will hold my enthusiasm for the time being.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 21:33]
Andre Gray inbound on 21:36 - Aug 31 with 2677 viewsGroveR

“So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?
Andre Gray inbound on 21:37 - Aug 31 with 2664 viewsGloryHunter

Andre Gray inbound on 21:28 - Aug 31 by joe90

His wife did a show about racism and confronted him about his racist tweets. To his credit he has publicily confronted the issue which is a lot more than other similar people would or have done. But Iike I said before, didn't think he was the type of character that would suit the club. I hope he does well for us but will hold my enthusiasm for the time being.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 21:33]

Exactly. She seems like a good woman. And they are still together. Hope she can encourage him to make the most of his opportunity with the Rs.
Andre Gray inbound on 21:47 - Aug 31 with 2568 viewsdistortR

Andre Gray inbound on 20:35 - Aug 31 by gobbles

Did you used to go around saying gay people should burn and die?
Let's be clear, what he put on social media was pretty extreme, it wasn't just using non-PC or out of date language.
Yeah, people can change and agents can write good apologies, but, sorry, as the father of an 11-year-old, I find all that a bit unpalatable

no, I wouldn't have said that, as a young man i probably said shit to impress my social circle, and that certainly wouldn't have.
But did I say things that would severely embarrass me now, and seem inappropriate? Probably, but the thing is, they weren't stored for prosperity, which is kind of my point.

Oh, and Mr McCarthy, please do not feel the need to illuminate me or the board on my drunken diatribes!!
Andre Gray inbound on 21:51 - Aug 31 with 2532 viewsdm97

He who casts the first stone etc

Making an idiotic mistake on social media 9 years ago shouldn't preclude us from signing a player, so long as they show remorse/reconciliation. Anyway, if you can't trust Warbs on character and creating a good dressing room you haven't been paying attention.
Andre Gray inbound on 21:53 - Aug 31 with 2520 viewsB_Wad

Trusting Warbuton and Sir Les on this. Gray seems like an upgrade from Bonne and Kelman at that position. We know Warburton doesn't tolerate nonsense from the handling of Kane, and combined with previously working together, it seems Warburton is confident that team morale will continue and if there are any problems it will be handled. I imagine Gray will have an opportunity to explain/apologize for prior offensive comments.

I like Warburton's comment that this is a "statement of intent". Fingers crossed.
Andre Gray inbound on 21:55 - Aug 31 with 2491 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Andre Gray inbound on 21:23 - Aug 31 by CiderwithRsie

Different issue, I think.

Gray's tweets were disgusting but leaving aside the fact that they are from a long time ago, it's a free country when it comes to opinions. He's a footballer not a politician or Archbishop of Canterbury. Same as Geoff Cameron.

In Kane's case the club stood up for him over the stuff that got him his ban, so that's not the problem. Leaving aside anything we don't know about, the thing we know about was publicly dissing a team-mate. That goes to team spirit, it's directly linked to performance on the pitch. In a new side it's behind him and good luck to him but I understand why Warburton thought a line had been crossed.

I don't mean that homophobia is less serious than being rude to Ossie Kakay, it's just that some things are employment matters and others, however much worse, aren't. I'd actually take a stand on that as a matter of political principle.

Good post, Rosie, and food for thought.

I know very little about British laws on hate crimes, so I won't comment.

Andre Gray inbound on 22:13 - Aug 31 with 2356 viewsted_hendrix

The first goal Andre Gray scores for QPR will be met with me giving a huge fist pump and a loud 'get in there'
The last thing thing I'll be thinking about when Andre Gray scores his first goal for QPR is what he wrote on twit all those years ago.

QPR's results are all that matters to me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Andre Gray inbound on 22:57 - Aug 31 with 2170 viewsStainrod

£17m over three years?
Andre Gray inbound on 23:09 - Aug 31 with 2067 viewsGloryHunter

Andre Gray inbound on 22:57 - Aug 31 by Stainrod

£17m over three years?

She appears to be quite wealthy in her own right.
Andre Gray inbound on 23:11 - Aug 31 with 2056 viewsNorthernr

For what it's worth (not much)...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55664
Andre Gray inbound on 23:15 - Aug 31 with 2035 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andre Gray inbound on 23:09 - Aug 31 by GloryHunter

She appears to be quite wealthy in her own right.

Indeed.
The original gag by Mrs Merton was very funny (although in fact very unfair), but I always think it could so easily have been reversed. 'So Paul, what did you see in slim, much younger, blonde dancer Debbie McGhee?'

Bare bones.

Andre Gray inbound on 23:45 - Aug 31 with 1913 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Andre Gray inbound on 23:11 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Excellent piece, Clive.

I share your discomfort.

Andre Gray inbound on 00:08 - Sep 1 with 1846 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Andre Gray inbound on 22:13 - Aug 31 by ted_hendrix

The first goal Andre Gray scores for QPR will be met with me giving a huge fist pump and a loud 'get in there'
The last thing thing I'll be thinking about when Andre Gray scores his first goal for QPR is what he wrote on twit all those years ago.

QPR's results are all that matters to me.

Will definitely matter to a young gay fan though.
Andre Gray inbound on 00:21 - Sep 1 with 1819 viewsE17hoop

Andre Gray inbound on 23:11 - Aug 31 by Northernr

"I’ll be there next week, celebrating when Andre Gray scores, praying he’s the final piece in the promotion puzzle, urging him on. Still, it’s not a signing that sits particularly comfortably with me."

Spot. On.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024