Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray inbound 11:18 - Aug 30 with 43845 viewsJames_Paddocks

Having a medical this morning, according to the wonderful world of QPR Twitter...

Watford fans seem delighted to see the back of him.

I'll trust Warbs, Les and Lee though.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 11:54]
Andre Gray inbound on 12:42 - Sep 2 with 2582 viewsPhilmyRs

Andre Gray inbound on 12:29 - Sep 2 by SheffieldHoop

Andre Gray didn't actually burn any gay people though, did he?
He did a tweet expressing views that align with Jamaican law
The fact we're here criticising Andre Gray for his views, and not Jamaica for their law, is interesting to me.

Criticising a QPR player for their past views, on a QPR forum, but not debating Jamaican polictics, seems interesting? Obviously if this was a political forum and this was the debate, I get you 100%, but it's not.

I think Gray was a product of his environemt when he made those tweets. He grew up in a rough part of the country and likely would have ended up in prison if it wasn't for Football. He's taken steps to change and I for one agree with all the views expressed that people can change and you should judge them by their actions now and what they stand for. It's the footballing side of Gray I'm a bit concerned about and whether they still have the hunger. Interested to see how he does.
Andre Gray inbound on 12:42 - Sep 2 with 2579 viewsLythamR

The fact we're here criticising Andre Gray for his views, and not Jamaica for their law, is interesting to me.

Perhaps its because we are not in Jamaica and certainly speaking for myself i have no particular knowledge of Jamaican law
Andre Gray inbound on 12:52 - Sep 2 with 2543 viewsJigsore

busy transfer window as it's been, we haven't signed Jamaica

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Andre Gray inbound on 12:59 - Sep 2 with 2423 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 12:42 - Sep 2 by PhilmyRs

Criticising a QPR player for their past views, on a QPR forum, but not debating Jamaican polictics, seems interesting? Obviously if this was a political forum and this was the debate, I get you 100%, but it's not.

I think Gray was a product of his environemt when he made those tweets. He grew up in a rough part of the country and likely would have ended up in prison if it wasn't for Football. He's taken steps to change and I for one agree with all the views expressed that people can change and you should judge them by their actions now and what they stand for. It's the footballing side of Gray I'm a bit concerned about and whether they still have the hunger. Interested to see how he does.

Cause and effect
Nobody mentioned Jamaican law in the mitigation column
So I did

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Andre Gray inbound on 13:19 - Sep 2 with 2326 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 12:52 - Sep 2 by Jigsore

busy transfer window as it's been, we haven't signed Jamaica

Nah but certain fans have gone into a moral panic over signing a player who once expressed a homophobic opinion.
Even though his background is one where high levels of homophobia are seen as basic humanity.
He's apologised for offending our British values but is still receiving excessive ridicule. For what?

Andre Gray inbound on 13:52 - Sep 2 with 2272 viewsQPR_Jim

Andre Gray inbound on 13:19 - Sep 2 by SheffieldHoop

Nah but certain fans have gone into a moral panic over signing a player who once expressed a homophobic opinion.
Even though his background is one where high levels of homophobia are seen as basic humanity.
He's apologised for offending our British values but is still receiving excessive ridicule. For what?

You had better update his Wikipedia page, it says he was brought up in Wolverhampton.
Andre Gray inbound on 13:57 - Sep 2 with 2242 viewsQPR_John

Andre Gray inbound on 06:58 - Sep 2 by dmm

That's a very strange comment. Having an opinion is not an issue. It's what the opinion is that's the problem.

And, whoever and whatever you have in mind by the term 'Woke' is hardly relevant to this discussion.

“ Having an opinion is not an issue. It's what the opinion is that's the problem. ”

That’s dangerously close to saying I’ll defend your right to have an opinion as long as it agrees with mine
Andre Gray inbound on 14:18 - Sep 2 with 2167 viewsGloryHunter

It's the law in Jamaica that gay people are burned to death?
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Gray inbound on 14:23 - Sep 2 with 2093 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 13:52 - Sep 2 by QPR_Jim

You had better update his Wikipedia page, it says he was brought up in Wolverhampton.

Wikipedia also says his nationality is Jamaican.

Commenting on Jamaican culture, Gray says "I grew up around it my whole life", "I've always been in tune with the culture. The culture, the food, the music."

He's also got a tattoo of Marcus Garvey......

Ps. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_not_a_reliable_source

Andre Gray inbound on 14:27 - Sep 2 with 2069 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 14:18 - Sep 2 by GloryHunter

It's the law in Jamaica that gay people are burned to death?

Yeah pretty much

It's called vigilantism

Andre Gray inbound on 15:29 - Sep 2 with 1993 viewskensalriser

Blimey, did no else else spot Loftgirl was being ironic?

No f*ing idea what Jamaica's got to do with anything being discussed here except it's a serial wum posting half-arsed antagonistic drivel again.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Andre Gray inbound on 15:40 - Sep 2 with 1915 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 15:29 - Sep 2 by kensalriser

No f*ing idea what Jamaica's got to do with anything being discussed here except it's a serial wum posting half-arsed antagonistic drivel again.

We've got 9 pages of "Fans" calling our new striker a "bellend" over stuff they don't - Evidently, based on what has been written - fully understand the context of - and you're upset with me for attempting to provide some context

Andre Gray inbound on 15:45 - Sep 2 with 1950 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Andre Gray inbound on 15:29 - Sep 2 by kensalriser

Apologies LoftGirl this went over my head.

Not a clue what the other fella has said but I’m sure all the other low activity accounts who wade in out of the blue on similar subjects will all be along soon and then disappear like a fart in a hurricane until the next contrived identity debate is raised.
Andre Gray inbound on 15:47 - Sep 2 with 1884 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 15:45 - Sep 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not a clue what the other fella has said but I’m sure all the other low activity accounts who wade in out of the blue on similar subjects will all be along soon and then disappear like a fart in a hurricane until the next contrived identity debate is raised.

Talking to yourself again

Andre Gray inbound on 15:51 - Sep 2 with 1911 viewsdanehoop

Andre Gray inbound on 15:45 - Sep 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

I just put him (well I assume it's a him) on ignore. Quality of discussion seems to have improved for me as a result.

Never knowingly understood

Andre Gray inbound on 15:56 - Sep 2 with 1890 viewssuperstan

Why does everything get so analysed, ie Charlie’s non red card now this, can’t we just be happy rather than finding reasons to fault decisions.
Andre Gray inbound on 16:03 - Sep 2 with 1870 viewstonyQPR

Andre Gray inbound on 15:51 - Sep 2 by danehoop

I just put him (well I assume it's a him) on ignore. Quality of discussion seems to have improved for me as a result.

Bet Clive can’t wait to put up his new signing piece as it’ll clearly divide you lot even further lo. It’s only a 1 year loan let’s give the fellah a fighting chance eh, no doubt he’ll get slammed On here when he misses his first sitter but I’m sure to a man you’ll all cheer and celebrate like fuuck when he scores a 94th minute winner against the ruperts ⚽️⚽️⚽️
Andre Gray inbound on 16:06 - Sep 2 with 1806 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 15:56 - Sep 2 by superstan

Why does everything get so analysed, ie Charlie’s non red card now this, can’t we just be happy rather than finding reasons to fault decisions.

Because, dude, it's 2021, dude, and we're all woke marxists now.

Andre Gray inbound on 16:13 - Sep 2 with 1821 viewssuperstan

Andre Gray inbound on 16:06 - Sep 2 by SheffieldHoop

Because, dude, it's 2021, dude, and we're all woke marxists now.

Can I be offended you called me “dude”?
Andre Gray inbound on 16:13 - Sep 2 with 1777 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 16:13 - Sep 2 by superstan

Can I be offended you called me “dude”?

Please do!

Andre Gray inbound on 17:02 - Sep 2 with 1682 viewsQPR_Jim

Andre Gray inbound on 14:23 - Sep 2 by SheffieldHoop

Wikipedia also says his nationality is Jamaican.

Commenting on Jamaican culture, Gray says "I grew up around it my whole life", "I've always been in tune with the culture. The culture, the food, the music."

He's also got a tattoo of Marcus Garvey......

Ps. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_not_a_reliable_source

He plays for the Jamaican national team, it doesn't make him Jamaican.

As for the quotes, I'm sure he would say that when he decided to switch to playing for the Jamaican national team at 29 years old. it would be pretty ballsy to say "nah don't really care about Jamaica, it's just I've come to realise at 29, I'm not going to make it into the England squad which is where I would rather play. "
Andre Gray inbound on 17:07 - Sep 2 with 1642 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 17:02 - Sep 2 by QPR_Jim

He plays for the Jamaican national team, it doesn't make him Jamaican.

As for the quotes, I'm sure he would say that when he decided to switch to playing for the Jamaican national team at 29 years old. it would be pretty ballsy to say "nah don't really care about Jamaica, it's just I've come to realise at 29, I'm not going to make it into the England squad which is where I would rather play. "

Why don't you just ask him yourself?

Andre Gray inbound on 17:42 - Sep 2 with 1569 viewsaston_hoop

Andre Gray inbound on 15:51 - Sep 2 by danehoop

Yeah good idea, have done the same to see if it helps. The constant pointless derailing of threads by bad-faith posters has made me think twice about bothering on here recently. The articles from Clive are good but its tiresome going through the content on here sometimes.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Andre Gray inbound on 17:46 - Sep 2 with 1520 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 17:42 - Sep 2 by aston_hoop

Yeah good idea, have done the same to see if it helps. The constant pointless derailing of threads by bad-faith posters has made me think twice about bothering on here recently. The articles from Clive are good but its tiresome going through the content on here sometimes.

Sorry to derail 9 pages of hand wringing over a 10 year old tweet.....jesus

Andre Gray inbound on 09:03 - Sep 3 with 1213 viewsthemodfather

another in a long line of players who have an impact, sign a huge deal and then drift about, nahki wells, hugill, ravel morrison, jordan rhodes come to mind jay bothroyd too....there;s no mney in staying at a club for a career, the agent gets more every time they move = cash. footballer for hire, have bentley and boots, willtravel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024