Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not just food 19:35 - Sep 1 with 3526 viewsdirk_doone

20,000 EU HGV drivers have left the UK since Brexit, never to return. All of the extra Brexit paperwork and bureaucracy have made it a less attractive job for anyone, including Brits.

Poor Tim Martin:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58395401

And our garden waste is still not being collected due to staff shortages. The waste disposal teams were mostly Polish and they've left.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 19:37]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

It's not just food on 10:07 - Sep 2 with 829 viewsChesham_Saint

It's not just food on 09:56 - Sep 2 by dirk_doone

Not at all, my old mate. Of course Covid-19 is the basic cause of the travel restrictions. It's just that not being in the EU makes them much worse for us. If we were still in the EU, as I've been fully vaccinated, I would currently hold an EU Digital COVID Certificate (EUDCC) and would be free to enter Belgium without having to be tested and quarantined. (The quarantine period would be longer than my planned trip).

"Travellers arriving from a "red" zone, and holding a EUDCC, are exempted from further testing and quarantine requirements if their EUDCC contains a certificate of full vaccination."

Brexit is not the cause of most of the problems; it just seems to make them worse.

PS Chesham, I said Belgium not Spain. They are different countries.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 10:03]

There’s no need to be condescending and pious. I know they are different countries. Like I also know that most people are able to travel reasonably freely (Covid notwithstanding) so your contention that everyone must have been lying to me is utter bullshit. And you know it.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

It's not just food on 10:09 - Sep 2 with 822 viewsDorsetIan

I sort of get how people could dismiss predictions of how things would be under Brexit as scaremongering.

I really don't get the continuing need to deny that Brexit is having any negative effects. Clearly we've got less individual freedom that we used to have, and clearly trade with the EU is now more difficult and bureaucratic than it used to be.

And I'm still waiting for the positive effects.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

It's not just food on 10:13 - Sep 2 with 819 viewsdirk_doone

It's not just food on 10:07 - Sep 2 by Chesham_Saint

There’s no need to be condescending and pious. I know they are different countries. Like I also know that most people are able to travel reasonably freely (Covid notwithstanding) so your contention that everyone must have been lying to me is utter bullshit. And you know it.

"your contention that everyone must have been lying to me"

Are you hallucinating? When did I say everybody must have been lying to you?

I said that I can't take my short trip to Belgium whereas if we were still in the EU I could. There are 27 countries in the EU and if we were still the 28th member, I would have an EU Digital Covid Certificate and be free to travel in all of them. Because we are not, my movements without quarantine are severely restricted to only a few of them, including Spain, which is not where I wanted to go.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 10:22]

It's not just food on 10:22 - Sep 2 with 804 viewsBison

It's not just food on 10:13 - Sep 2 by dirk_doone

I said that I can't take my short trip to Belgium whereas if we were still in the EU I could. There are 27 countries in the EU and if we were still the 28th member, I would have an EU Digital Covid Certificate and be free to travel in all of them. Because we are not, my movements without quarantine are severely restricted to only a few of them, including Spain, which is not where I wanted to go.

You have gone on these political rants before Dirk and got yourself worked up and then pledged to stick to the football.

I suggest you take your own advice and stop making yourself look a total wang by spouting sh!te about the capital of Belgium.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

It's not just food on 10:28 - Sep 2 with 792 viewsdirk_doone

It's not just food on 10:22 - Sep 2 by Bison

You have gone on these political rants before Dirk and got yourself worked up and then pledged to stick to the football.

I suggest you take your own advice and stop making yourself look a total wang by spouting sh!te about the capital of Belgium.

I never mentioned the capital of Belgium, let alone spouted sh!te about it. I think you'll find it was someone else who did.

[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 10:29]

It's not just food on 10:35 - Sep 2 with 784 viewsBison

It's not just food on 10:28 - Sep 2 by dirk_doone

I never mentioned the capital of Belgium, let alone spouted sh!te about it. I think you'll find it was someone else who did.

Was it Bruges or Antwerp ?

I have fond memories and both and must admit the fact I can never visit again does make me re-think whether Brexit was worth it.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

It's not just food on 10:53 - Sep 2 with 770 viewsdirk_doone

It's not just food on 10:35 - Sep 2 by Bison

Was it Bruges or Antwerp ?

I have fond memories and both and must admit the fact I can never visit again does make me re-think whether Brexit was worth it.

Ghent. One of the reasons was to see the Ghent Altarpiece as well as the Museum of Fine Arts there. I like visiting art galleries and seeing great works of art on my city breaks while my wife prefers to look round the shops. We both like walking around sightseeing and the restaurants.

Bruges is one of my favourite cities too but I've only ever driven by Antwerp. I should give it a try one day, when this pandemic is finally all over. I've been forced to cancel two other trips already (to Stockholm and Krakow).
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 11:05]

It's not just food on 11:08 - Sep 2 with 750 viewsChesham_Saint

It's not just food on 10:13 - Sep 2 by dirk_doone

Now you’re being disingenuous. You actually said “You must have had a lot of people lying to you”. Which means a significant proportion at least of my close acquaintances are liars according to you.

I’d love to have you say that to my face.

Never mind, I’m sure you’ll be comforted by the ‘FBPE’ tag you almost certainly have on your Twitter tag. And before you wee your pants over that, I’m not even a Brexiteer…

Login to get fewer ads

It's not just food on 11:24 - Sep 2 with 739 viewsdirk_doone

It's not just food on 11:08 - Sep 2 by Chesham_Saint

Now you’re being disingenuous. You actually said “You must have had a lot of people lying to you”. Which means a significant proportion at least of my close acquaintances are liars according to you.

I’d love to have you say that to my face.

Never mind, I’m sure you’ll be comforted by the ‘FBPE’ tag you almost certainly have on your Twitter tag. And before you wee your pants over that, I’m not even a Brexiteer…

Chesham, everbody, with the possible exception of Mother Theresa, has told a lie at some time or other, including me and possibly even you.

I've been called a lot worse on this messageboard. At the end of the day, it's just banter on a football messageboard so don't take it too much to heart.

Well that went well:

[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 11:33]

It's not just food on 11:43 - Sep 2 with 720 viewsChesham_Saint

It's not just food on 11:24 - Sep 2 by dirk_doone

Chesham, everbody, with the possible exception of Mother Theresa, has told a lie at some time or other, including me and possibly even you.

I've been called a lot worse on this messageboard. At the end of the day, it's just banter on a football messageboard so don't take it too much to heart.

Well that went well:

[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 11:33]

My rule is I wouldn't say anything on here I wouldn't say face to face to the recipient. Any one who does is out of order.

It's not just food on 12:44 - Sep 2 with 685 views1885_SFC

It's not just food on 07:39 - Sep 2 by dirk_doone

The link opens with "a combination of Covid-19, Brexit and the ongoing structural issues restricting the supply of drivers has brought us to a crisis point."

Can't you find any article that doesn't blame Brexit?

I understand that people who voted for Brexit are relectant to admit that it is even partly to blame for anything but as someone who voted against it I am prepared to admit that Covid-19 is partly to blame for the driver shortage throughout Europe.

"Those stats can't be true. Dirk said so." Whilst we clearly voted differently in the EU referendum, there is no need to resort to lying. I 've always got on well with you in the past and thought you were better than that.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 8:30]

I wouldn't fall out with you dirk. It does annoy me that people are blaming the driver shortage on Brexit alone though when in reality, it's a combination of many things.

If I bumped into you at an away game - I'd buy you a beer and discuss the music of John Mayer (but not politics)... you miserable sod.

Old School is Cool

It's not just food on 13:24 - Sep 2 with 662 viewsdirk_doone

It's not just food on 12:44 - Sep 2 by 1885_SFC

I wouldn't fall out with you dirk. It does annoy me that people are blaming the driver shortage on Brexit alone though when in reality, it's a combination of many things.

If I bumped into you at an away game - I'd buy you a beer and discuss the music of John Mayer (but not politics)... you miserable sod.

Good man.

It's not just food on 14:15 - Sep 2 with 639 viewsBerber

It's not just food on 10:28 - Sep 2 by dirk_doone

I've heard an American ask if Noway was the capital of Sweden.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024