Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation 09:25 - Sep 29 with 952 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55896/stuart-armstrong-s

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 13:24 - Sep 29 with 849 viewsSonicBoom

When Stephens was injured we immediately got details all about knees and tendons and stuff. So for me there are only two scenarios.
First is that he is genuinely injured and Saints have just made an absolute pigs ear of handling it. The way they've communicated has clearly increased all the speculation and conspiracy theories and even once that has happened they could address it and clear it all up with one interview.
Or secondly, for some reason the club and the player are at odds and the minor tweak story was a load of rubbish. Maybe they thought it would be resolved quickly but it obviously isn't.
So in a nutshell if it is all completely innocent why don't they just come out and explain..........
Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 14:41 - Sep 29 with 791 viewssaint22

Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 13:24 - Sep 29 by SonicBoom

When Stephens was injured we immediately got details all about knees and tendons and stuff. So for me there are only two scenarios.
First is that he is genuinely injured and Saints have just made an absolute pigs ear of handling it. The way they've communicated has clearly increased all the speculation and conspiracy theories and even once that has happened they could address it and clear it all up with one interview.
Or secondly, for some reason the club and the player are at odds and the minor tweak story was a load of rubbish. Maybe they thought it would be resolved quickly but it obviously isn't.
So in a nutshell if it is all completely innocent why don't they just come out and explain..........

THIS
Didn't he have Covid a while back? Maybe linked to that and struggling with fitness?
Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 19:13 - Sep 29 with 673 viewsKennington

Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 13:24 - Sep 29 by SonicBoom

This is saints, if he’s good enough and the price is right we’ll sell him to anyone. If the price isn’t right or he’s not good enough for teams of West Ham or Villa’s level he’s staying.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 19:22 - Sep 29 with 668 viewsSadoldgit

Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 19:13 - Sep 29 by Kennington

This is saints, if he’s good enough and the price is right we’ll sell him to anyone. If the price isn’t right or he’s not good enough for teams of West Ham or Villa’s level he’s staying.

Yet we only sold Ings and Vestegaard because they hadn’t signed new contracts and kept the players Ralph wanted to keep.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 19:49]
Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 19:52 - Sep 29 with 635 viewsSadoldgit

Steve Clarke has said that he hasn’t spoken to Armstrong directly and is “hoping” that he will get game time against Chelsea this week. If he isn’t training that isn’t going to happen and it sounds like Clarke has just taken a blind punt.
Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 21:56 - Sep 29 with 567 viewskingslandstand1

Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 19:52 - Sep 29 by Sadoldgit

Steve Clarke has said that he hasn’t spoken to Armstrong directly and is “hoping” that he will get game time against Chelsea this week. If he isn’t training that isn’t going to happen and it sounds like Clarke has just taken a blind punt.

Let's hope so! And I can start to be optimistic again
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 21:56]
Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 22:20 - Sep 29 with 549 viewsPatfromPoole

The irony here is that Clarke rarely picks Armstrong to start games for Scotland.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 10:40 - Sep 30 with 403 viewsSadoldgit

Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 21:56 - Sep 29 by kingslandstand1

Let's hope so! And I can start to be optimistic again
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 21:56]

JWP has been talking about how important Armstrong is and is looking forward to him coming back. He obviously hasn’t heard the conspiracy theories then! 😉
Login to get fewer ads

Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 12:13 - Sep 30 with 370 viewsBerber

With the relaxation of Covid constraints, presumably the full facilities for muscle treatment are available agin.

Would it do any harm to have an interview with the lad himself, how is he feeling, what has he been doing to get fit, when does he hope to be back training with the squad? Yet again, the club communications are a shambles. They seem to delight in not telling the fans anything much apart from undergraduate quality articles promoting the club.
Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 13:08 - Sep 30 with 345 viewsSadoldgit

Perhaps the club like to keep the opposition guessing about our line up? Perhaps the medical team have been unsure about when he is likely to return to training? Perhaps the club have better things to do to give out constant briefings on the health of the players? It isn’t as if Ralph hasn’t spoken about the situation at all. Exactly how much detail do you want? How much blood was left to drain from the muscle?
Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 14:15 - Sep 30 with 292 viewskingslandstand1

Stuart Armstrong Scotland Call Up Prompts Supporter Speculation on 10:40 - Sep 30 by Sadoldgit

JWP has been talking about how important Armstrong is and is looking forward to him coming back. He obviously hasn’t heard the conspiracy theories then! 😉

Have to say though SOG that when I read these articles from the players I do wonder if they are PR pieces that they have to say, but that is the half empty cynic in me I suppose.

Although I did read JWP saying how disappointed he was about missing out on England squad for the Euros but was philosophical about it when asked if he'd spoken to Southgate about the omission and what he had to do. He said not much point in talking about it as a waste of time and he had to prove on the pitch why he should have been there. Have to say, on current form GS was probably right unfortunately
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024