Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England V Hungary 20:59 - Oct 12 with 1054 viewsSaintNick

Not going the way we thought it would at the moment

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

England V Hungary on 21:23 - Oct 12 with 1023 viewsSaintsforeverj

Just checked the Pompey score as the England game is dull. Losing 2 nil to Sutton. Now that must be an all time low for Pompey.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

England V Hungary on 21:32 - Oct 12 with 1011 viewsRon11

Why take Grealish off?
Saka has contributed nothing, apart from lose the ball and give the garlic gobblers a good opportunity to score.
England V Hungary on 21:36 - Oct 12 with 1004 viewsSaintNick

England V Hungary on 21:32 - Oct 12 by Ron11

Why take Grealish off?
Saka has contributed nothing, apart from lose the ball and give the garlic gobblers a good opportunity to score.

Poor tactics and no urgency from England, content to pass it around on the half way line too much

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

England V Hungary on 21:51 - Oct 12 with 969 viewssaintwizzler

England V Hungary on 21:36 - Oct 12 by SaintNick

Poor tactics and no urgency from England, content to pass it around on the half way line too much

Was Ralph in charge?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

England V Hungary on 21:52 - Oct 12 with 962 viewssaint22

England V Hungary on 21:32 - Oct 12 by Ron11

Why take Grealish off?

Southgate yet again illustrating his endless tinkering won’t work
Play your best players end of
Need another striker too
England V Hungary on 21:52 - Oct 12 with 962 viewsRon11

England V Hungary on 21:51 - Oct 12 by saintwizzler

Was Ralph in charge?

It looked similar
England V Hungary on 23:03 - Oct 12 with 920 viewsBazza

England V Hungary on 21:52 - Oct 12 by saint22

Southgate yet again illustrating his endless tinkering won’t work
Play your best players end of
Need another striker too

His idea of the best players is probably unnecessarily defensive
England V Hungary on 11:06 - Oct 13 with 752 viewsdirk_doone

I was at Wembley last night. Southgate's substitutions took away any chance England had of winning the game. Grealish was by far our best attacking player and was still full of running when Southgate subbed him and then he did what he always does, regardless of the score, and brought Jordan Henderson on. Fair enough if we were trying to hang onto a lead but not when we were chasing a winning goal. Harry Kane is woefully off form and Raheem Sterling is back to the player he used to be: one who runs around a lot but has terrible finishing. He just runs the ball into the goalkeeper rather than taking it round him or chipping it over him. The player we really missed last night was Mason Greenwood.

I was in the home end so the Hungarian fans were quite far away from me but apparently a steward heard one of them use a racist word - I don't know whether it was in Hungarian or English - then all hell broke lose as an army of stewards and police waded into the Hungarian fans, egged on by the home fans, who'd booed and jeered all the way through the Hungarian national anthem and were shouting various xenophobic comments at the Hungarian players. There was a drunk chap near me who, when he wasn't making paper aeroplanes to throw towards the pitch, spent the whole game shouting "You're all racists" at the Hungarian players. The xenophobia of the England fans at Wembley has got a lot worse lately. There seems to be total contempt for anybody foreign. Meanwhile, in the programme we had a feature telling us that we were celebrating Black History Month.

EDIT: I've jsut received my post-match Wembley survey from the FA, where there is a section devoted to reporting any incidents of bad behaviour, including racism, that I witnessed from "Hungary fans". No mention of England fans. Discrimination against foreigners seems to be institutionalised now at every level.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 13:45]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

England V Hungary on 11:38 - Oct 13 with 708 viewsSadoldgit

England V Hungary on 21:36 - Oct 12 by SaintNick

We didn’t look great going forward last night but it just goes to show that even the best players have trouble breaking down a well drilled, packed defence.
England V Hungary on 11:45 - Oct 13 with 705 viewsdirk_doone

England V Hungary on 11:38 - Oct 13 by Sadoldgit

We didn’t look great going forward last night but it just goes to show that even the best players have trouble breaking down a well drilled, packed defence.

Grealish was more likely to do it than Henderson. His face doesn't seem to quite fit in the England setup. As someone pointed out to me after the game, the other players don't seem to want to pass to Grealish. When he did get the ball, he was beating Hungarian defenders with ease, which the other players weren't doing. Then, of course, Southgate subbed him.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

England V Hungary on 14:16 - Oct 13 with 627 viewssaints__fan__73

England V Hungary on 11:06 - Oct 13 by dirk_doone

I was at Wembley last night. Southgate's substitutions took away any chance England had of winning the game. Grealish was by far our best attacking player and was still full of running when Southgate subbed him and then he did what he always does, regardless of the score, and brought Jordan Henderson on. Fair enough if we were trying to hang onto a lead but not when we were chasing a winning goal. Harry Kane is woefully off form and Raheem Sterling is back to the player he used to be: one who runs around a lot but has terrible finishing. He just runs the ball into the goalkeeper rather than taking it round him or chipping it over him. The player we really missed last night was Mason Greenwood.

I was in the home end so the Hungarian fans were quite far away from me but apparently a steward heard one of them use a racist word - I don't know whether it was in Hungarian or English - then all hell broke lose as an army of stewards and police waded into the Hungarian fans, egged on by the home fans, who'd booed and jeered all the way through the Hungarian national anthem and were shouting various xenophobic comments at the Hungarian players. There was a drunk chap near me who, when he wasn't making paper aeroplanes to throw towards the pitch, spent the whole game shouting "You're all racists" at the Hungarian players. The xenophobia of the England fans at Wembley has got a lot worse lately. There seems to be total contempt for anybody foreign. Meanwhile, in the programme we had a feature telling us that we were celebrating Black History Month.

EDIT: I've jsut received my post-match Wembley survey from the FA, where there is a section devoted to reporting any incidents of bad behaviour, including racism, that I witnessed from "Hungary fans". No mention of England fans. Discrimination against foreigners seems to be institutionalised now at every level.

God bless you for bringing a Brexit slant to a match report.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

England V Hungary on 14:51 - Oct 13 with 615 viewsSadoldgit

England V Hungary on 14:16 - Oct 13 by saints__fan__73

God bless you for bringing a Brexit slant to a match report.

Where does he mention Brexit? I know my eyesight is poor but I can only see references to poor behaviour from some England fans. It looks like you are the one giving it a Brexit slant.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 14:52]
England V Hungary on 14:56 - Oct 13 with 605 viewssaints__fan__73

England V Hungary on 14:51 - Oct 13 by Sadoldgit

Where does he mention Brexit? I know my eyesight is poor but I can only see references to poor behaviour from some England fans. It looks like you are the one giving it a Brexit slant.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 14:52]

"The xenophobia of the England fans at Wembley has got a lot worse lately. There seems to be total contempt for anybody foreign."

"Discrimination against foreigners seems to be institutionalised now at every level."

If you are riddled with Brexititus then everything bad has to be linked back to BLOODY BREXIT!

Here we have the example of those nice England fans who for decades have been a model of good behaviour and never once booed a black player, jeered through a national anthem, threw bananas at John Barnes, smashed up every town the team was based in for a Euros or WC and were a beacon of respectability HAVE NOW BEEN TURNED INTO A BUNCH OF IGNORANT AND RACIST THUGS DUE TO THAT BLOODY BREXIT!!!!!

England V Hungary on 15:03 - Oct 13 with 599 viewsSaintsforeverj

England V Hungary on 11:06 - Oct 13 by dirk_doone

The likely explanation is that some of the England fans were disgusted with the way the black England players were treated by the Hungarians in Hungary (including the Hungarian players who applauded their racist supporters) so they gave their players and supporters some stick. They were angry with the way our players were treated in Hungary, and rightly so. England fans have their fair share of idiots, but they don't routinely and loudly throw objects and bananas at black players and do loud monkey chants like the Hungarians did. And right from the first minute, Hungarians were holding up racist banners, so the England fans gave them some stick calling them racist (being as they were holding up racist banners from the first minute), rightly so don't you think?

They shouted "You're all racist," at the Hungarian players. Probably because their players applauded their racist fans after that game in Hungary.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 16:07]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

England V Hungary on 19:37 - Oct 13 with 487 viewsSadoldgit

England V Hungary on 14:56 - Oct 13 by saints__fan__73

"The xenophobia of the England fans at Wembley has got a lot worse lately. There seems to be total contempt for anybody foreign."

"Discrimination against foreigners seems to be institutionalised now at every level."

If you are riddled with Brexititus then everything bad has to be linked back to BLOODY BREXIT!

Here we have the example of those nice England fans who for decades have been a model of good behaviour and never once booed a black player, jeered through a national anthem, threw bananas at John Barnes, smashed up every town the team was based in for a Euros or WC and were a beacon of respectability HAVE NOW BEEN TURNED INTO A BUNCH OF IGNORANT AND RACIST THUGS DUE TO THAT BLOODY BREXIT!!!!!

Nope, sorry but you are still the one going on about Brexit, no one else is.
England V Hungary on 10:29 - Oct 14 with 384 viewssaints__fan__73

England V Hungary on 19:37 - Oct 13 by Sadoldgit

Nope, sorry but you are still the one going on about Brexit, no one else is.

You could be a limbo dancer the amount of stuff that goes over your head.

I'm sure Dirk would freely admit his comments were very much driven by brexit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024