Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendrie 11:13 - Nov 30 with 7092 viewsfournil

Living in the North I have to get the majority of my Rangers fix via SKY. Got to say, Lee Hendrie is sooooo much better as a co-commentator than Goodman or Hinchcliffe or whoever else they regularly get in. Thought he called it really well last night and didn't find myself looking for something to throw at the telly in response to yet another ill informed comment or blatant anti-QPR tosh.
Hendrie on 03:28 - Dec 1 with 1385 viewsB_Wad

Hendrie on 11:24 - Nov 30 by MrSheen

My son found the Sky B team on an ESPN feed to the US. Don Goodman, harping on about how lucky we were that Austin wan't given offside on the "controversial" first goal, even though he admitted that "technically" he wasn't, how neither Dickie, Dunne, nor Chair was fouled "enough" to be given a penalty, and how Derby were finishing strongly enough to get the win their "courage" deserved. I always liked him as a player, but he's deluded.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 11:25]

That's who I had to listen too. Strongest negative reaction I've had to an announcer for a QPR match. Wound up putting on mute until the Gray goal.
Hendrie on 09:25 - Dec 1 with 1255 viewsPerthRs

Hendrie on 11:32 - Nov 30 by nix

Has Goodman got any reason to dislike QPR? I know Hinchcliffe hates us because of stick our fans gave him as a player.

Anyway, I buy the London/Sints audio and synch it to the Sky pictures. It means you're about a minute behind the play in real time but as long as you turn off the alerts it works well and saves my TV from missiles being thrown at it. Also means I at least have the audio for away games that aren't televised.

I started to watch the match on Sky here in Australia but as with the Huddersfield game I got pi55ed off with the commentary which is so bloody one sided its not funny, so I used a VPN provider and logged on to one of the dark countries (Luxembourg) and then used my QPR+ to watch the game.
Far better listening to Andy & Nick than the sh1thouses at Sky
Hendrie on 13:50 - Dec 1 with 1152 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Hendrie on 11:34 - Nov 30 by bollockchops

with Hesgoal there was no commentary just the noise of the crowd, which lets you make your own mind up with whats going on on the field instead of having it made for you !

You could always turn the sound down and turn your music up

But what happens when those Russian beauties call your name and promise you Heaven on Earth bollockchops without volume you are bolloxed
Hendrie on 14:54 - Dec 1 with 1099 viewsMatch82

Hendrie on 11:27 - Nov 30 by TheChef

I don't know why they need co-commentators anyway. Back in the day, Moore, Motson etc. all managed fine commentating by themselves.

Jobs for the boys.

It works well when the co commentator can add some extra context that 90% of viewers might not see.

Perhaps it works better in other sports. Tony Romo, former Cowboys quarterback, is a great example in American Football - he'll point out formations in real time "they've got 3 men back and one man watching for the quarterback run, he's going to pass short left here" or whatever, before the play actually happens. Let's you see the game through a players eyes in a way that you never could do if you hadn't played the game at a high level.

Not sure what the equivalent would be in football - "Dykes is peeling off to the right and dragging his man with him, there's a space for a through ball now for Gray if Chair sees it"?
Hendrie on 14:57 - Dec 1 with 1088 viewsTheChef

Hendrie on 14:54 - Dec 1 by Match82

It works well when the co commentator can add some extra context that 90% of viewers might not see.

Perhaps it works better in other sports. Tony Romo, former Cowboys quarterback, is a great example in American Football - he'll point out formations in real time "they've got 3 men back and one man watching for the quarterback run, he's going to pass short left here" or whatever, before the play actually happens. Let's you see the game through a players eyes in a way that you never could do if you hadn't played the game at a high level.

Not sure what the equivalent would be in football - "Dykes is peeling off to the right and dragging his man with him, there's a space for a through ball now for Gray if Chair sees it"?

Unfortunately they rarely do anything except point out the bleeding obvious.

Or in QPR's case, slag us off.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hendrie on 14:58 - Dec 1 with 1086 viewsMatch82

Hendrie on 14:57 - Dec 1 by TheChef

Unfortunately they rarely do anything except point out the bleeding obvious.

Or in QPR's case, slag us off.

Agreed, they are terrible in football unless they are employed as hype men like Sinton, who I think does a good job in that role
Hendrie on 15:09 - Dec 1 with 1072 viewsbollockchops

Hendrie on 13:50 - Dec 1 by CLAREMAN1995

But what happens when those Russian beauties call your name and promise you Heaven on Earth bollockchops without volume you are bolloxed

Unfortch my blow up doll BIG LYNDON wont let me entertain any other mucky business , hold on he is shouting from our bedroom "Hold on Babe, in a minute !"
Sorry he wants another tattoo and i keep telling him he needs to concentrate on his football not his appearance.
Anyway thats how we roll in the dungeon....laters.....
Hendrie on 16:04 - Dec 1 with 1011 viewsMick_S

Hendrie on 15:09 - Dec 1 by bollockchops

Unfortch my blow up doll BIG LYNDON wont let me entertain any other mucky business , hold on he is shouting from our bedroom "Hold on Babe, in a minute !"
Sorry he wants another tattoo and i keep telling him he needs to concentrate on his football not his appearance.
Anyway thats how we roll in the dungeon....laters.....

Felt tip is fine mate. No more injuries, please.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 16:05]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Hendrie on 16:48 - Dec 1 with 966 viewsfournil

Hendrie on 14:54 - Dec 1 by Match82

Tony Romo is hands down the best co-commentator there is. Never condescending, explains things and usually calls things in advance that come to pass as well. When you compare against the other channels it's laughable how bad they are.
I think Sinton does an equally good job although not in the same league as Romo. He is very fair in his assessment of the action and is a great foil for London who I also like a lot.
Hendrie on 23:49 - Dec 1 with 832 viewsB_Wad

Hendrie on 16:48 - Dec 1 by fournil

Tony Romo is hands down the best co-commentator there is. Never condescending, explains things and usually calls things in advance that come to pass as well. When you compare against the other channels it's laughable how bad they are.
I think Sinton does an equally good job although not in the same league as Romo. He is very fair in his assessment of the action and is a great foil for London who I also like a lot.

Not sure if you all get to see the Manning Brothers cover Monday Night Football on ESPN2, but I think it is quite good and a concept I thought should have been done earlier.

Two knowledgeable players watching the game and talking about what is going on for folks that know football, not a Troy Aikman-style repeat the obvious for someone who apparently has never watched American football before. They provide interesting breakdowns on what a defense is doing or a qb is thinking, etc.

They also bring on a guest each quarter who is either a football fan or player (Gronk, Condoleezza Rice), which sometimes gets a bit distracting from the game, but can be interesting. I think this will become a trend at least here in the States.

Nick and Andy are fun, but sometimes a little too much of "homers" for my tastes. Really enjoy ESPN tennis coverage. Very little chatter and assume the viewer knows the sport.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024