Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor old Everton. 10:26 - Dec 2 with 3215 viewsSonicBoom

They seem to be absolute uproar.
There were posts from their game at the weekend where they were abusing the team at the end of the match and of course they are in meltdown after last night.
Today I posted the following after their match report on the mail website.
" Everton fans say they are a special set of supporters, yet they lose a few and they walk out the ground or abuse their team. Gotta say I'm enjoying it as they gave Saints loads of stick when they took Koeman and spent 500 million - telling us they are heading for the champions league. How's that going for them?"

About an hour later I have been getting texts from the Mail saying that "due to the number of complaints we have received about this comment we have decided to remove it from the site." Seriously? Everton fans complained about that?? What a world we live in.
Poor old Everton. on 08:14 - Dec 3 with 741 viewssolent_toffee

Poor old Everton. on 07:58 - Dec 3 by MytchettSaint

If we were playing our rivals like you were Wednesday night there wouldn’t have been empty seats. But we were playing Leicester….

However I will concede if we were getting our arses handed to us like you were in our derby game there would probably have been similar scenes to those at Goodison.

The thing is though I don’t think they left, not in their droves as suggested by muppet pundits, more like went down to the concourses - particularly those who were sitting down next to the piss stained hordes in the away end and their friendly launching of flares onto the pitch (zero mention of that in the media).

I’ve only left the game early once and that wax against City when they were three up in no time against a woefully unprepared Allerdyce side. It was like something from a World War 2 film, whispers of a secret turnstile where you could escape.

I was back in the pub in town before the second half kicked off.
Poor old Everton. on 08:47 - Dec 3 with 708 viewsPaleRider

Poor old Everton. on 22:23 - Dec 2 by SaintNick

Moshiri is losing popularity up there, doesn't communicate with the fans much, turning into a bit of a Mike Ashley situation

...or a Gao like situation. Missing owner who NEVER communicates with fans.
Poor old Everton. on 09:31 - Dec 3 with 676 viewsButty101

Poor old Everton. on 08:47 - Dec 3 by PaleRider

...or a Gao like situation. Missing owner who NEVER communicates with fans.

I thought Nick said having a quiet owner that is quiet in the back ground was a good thing! Im now confused. Is it a good thing if its out invisible owner, but a bad thing for other clubs?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:34 - Dec 3 with 673 viewsNickSO19

Poor old Everton. on 08:14 - Dec 3 by solent_toffee

The thing is though I don’t think they left, not in their droves as suggested by muppet pundits, more like went down to the concourses - particularly those who were sitting down next to the piss stained hordes in the away end and their friendly launching of flares onto the pitch (zero mention of that in the media).

I’ve only left the game early once and that wax against City when they were three up in no time against a woefully unprepared Allerdyce side. It was like something from a World War 2 film, whispers of a secret turnstile where you could escape.

Poor old Everton. on 09:35 - Dec 3 with 673 viewsNickSO19

Poor old Everton. on 08:14 - Dec 3 by solent_toffee

"whispers of a secret turnstile where you could escape."

Class
Poor old Everton. on 10:08 - Dec 3 with 645 viewsSaintNick

Poor old Everton. on 09:31 - Dec 3 by Butty101

I thought Nick said having a quiet owner that is quiet in the back ground was a good thing! Im now confused. Is it a good thing if its out invisible owner, but a bad thing for other clubs?

The difference between Gao & Moshiri is Gao came in and told the fans that he would be running it as a business and sat back whereas Moshiri came into Everton told them he would take them into the champions league, spend hundreds of millions and things like buying the Liver building and lighting them up Blue.

Like Mike Ashley he has sacked countless managers and Everton have gone backwards despite spending £500 million, now he is conspicuous by his absence.

So who has been the better owner in the past few years ? Gao who has kept Saints in the mid table of the Premier League, our par position, or Moshiri who now can't put too much money in due to the financial fair play rules and is seeing Everton fall behind clubs who they really should be doing better than.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Poor old Everton. on 10:36 - Dec 3 with 641 viewsPaleRider

Poor old Everton. on 10:08 - Dec 3 by SaintNick

The difference between Gao & Moshiri is Gao came in and told the fans that he would be running it as a business and sat back whereas Moshiri came into Everton told them he would take them into the champions league, spend hundreds of millions and things like buying the Liver building and lighting them up Blue.

Like Mike Ashley he has sacked countless managers and Everton have gone backwards despite spending £500 million, now he is conspicuous by his absence.

So who has been the better owner in the past few years ? Gao who has kept Saints in the mid table of the Premier League, our par position, or Moshiri who now can't put too much money in due to the financial fair play rules and is seeing Everton fall behind clubs who they really should be doing better than.

Nick, I love the fact that the only way to defend Gao is to compare him to Moshiri and Ashley! Why not compare him to Tony Bloom at Brighton?

What is your stance on the WTA's decision to pull out of China?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 10:39]
Poor old Everton. on 11:04 - Dec 3 with 613 viewssolent_toffee

Poor old Everton. on 10:08 - Dec 3 by SaintNick

Of all the possible billionaires that they could have been taken over by, Everton got the one with the intelligence of Frank Spencer who does most of his communications through that trusted source, Jim fecking White of TalkSport.

I think the comparison though of Goa and Moshiri is completely irrelevant. Goa being absent and not spending a penny is not seen as a positive because Moshiri has spent money like an unemployed lottery winner.

Moshiri has made mistakes, Goa has done nothing but sat and hoped that there will three worse teams than Saints, he doesn’t deserve plaudits for that. In fact get hit by a few injuries, similar to Everton have had this season, it could still go badly wrong for him.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 11:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Poor old Everton. on 11:15 - Dec 3 with 607 viewsbarry_sanchez

Poor old Everton. on 11:04 - Dec 3 by solent_toffee

Of all the possible billionaires that they could have been taken over by, Everton got the one with the intelligence of Frank Spencer who does most of his communications through that trusted source, Jim fecking White of TalkSport.

I think the comparison though of Goa and Moshiri is completely irrelevant. Goa being absent and not spending a penny is not seen as a positive because Moshiri has spent money like an unemployed lottery winner.

Moshiri has made mistakes, Goa has done nothing but sat and hoped that there will three worse teams than Saints, he doesn’t deserve plaudits for that. In fact get hit by a few injuries, similar to Everton have had this season, it could still go badly wrong for him.

Until Everton get the new ground they'll be a mid table club, thats it. The players in that squad are bang average but who else could they sign and want to go there? The tourist club is next door and Everton aren't offering huge wages to entice the elite players, its shit but thats the reality.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Poor old Everton. on 11:22 - Dec 3 with 603 viewssolent_toffee

Poor old Everton. on 11:15 - Dec 3 by barry_sanchez

Until Everton get the new ground they'll be a mid table club, thats it. The players in that squad are bang average but who else could they sign and want to go there? The tourist club is next door and Everton aren't offering huge wages to entice the elite players, its shit but thats the reality.

Completely agree with except the bit about paying huge wages. Everton have been paying huge wages (James £250k a week, Bernard £120, Christ even Walcott was almost £100k a week) and that’s the problem, average not arsed players living on easy street, earning a fortune.
Poor old Everton. on 11:31 - Dec 3 with 589 viewsSaintNick

Poor old Everton. on 11:04 - Dec 3 by solent_toffee

You are right you cant compare Gao and Moshiri.

Goa isnt sitting back and hoping, he is unable to invest because of the situation between China and the West and his hands are tied.

Gao has been trying to sell for two years, but to his credit he hasnt sold to any chancer that comes along and we arent sidled with someone like Burnley's owners who have leveraged the club.

Last season we got hit by a lot more injuries than Everton have had this term and we survived with ease, we are reasonably well run as a club and we use our budget well.

Moshiri has a track record of throwing money at every problem , since you enticed Koeman away from us in 2016 you are now on your 5th permanent manager each one has been the new saviour, yet around £600 million spent on transfers and your last 5 years has been no better than ours

So pound for pound Gao has outperformed Moshiri so far, the only difference is we hasn't promised us the earth and delivered nothing

Poor old Everton. on 11:39 - Dec 3 with 586 viewsbarry_sanchez

Poor old Everton. on 11:22 - Dec 3 by solent_toffee

Completely agree with except the bit about paying huge wages. Everton have been paying huge wages (James £250k a week, Bernard £120, Christ even Walcott was almost £100k a week) and that’s the problem, average not arsed players living on easy street, earning a fortune.

James was one and he didn't stick around for long, the other are the wages of a 6-10 Premiership side, another factor is they're totally under the screw mentally of the ones across the park, that must play into it.
Its not your current board, 26 years since a trophy? Worshipping Ferguson and the dogs of war mentality also is not progressive and the car stickers of Champions League "we affin a laff" tops its all concerning the phyche of the club.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Poor old Everton. on 12:56 - Dec 3 with 550 viewsPoirot

They look like a club saddled with debt from players brought in by Koeman that are not up to the job. We really cant laugh at them because we're in a similar boat on debt and numerous players that are only mid table standard on a good day.
Poor old Everton. on 13:43 - Dec 3 with 521 viewsSaintNick

Poor old Everton. on 12:56 - Dec 3 by Poirot

They look like a club saddled with debt from players brought in by Koeman that are not up to the job. We really cant laugh at them because we're in a similar boat on debt and numerous players that are only mid table standard on a good day.

Its easy to blame Koeman but he was only there for two summer transfer windows, since he left they have spent just as much per season as he did,

Poor old Everton. on 18:17 - Dec 3 with 452 viewsPoirot

Poor old Everton. on 13:43 - Dec 3 by SaintNick

Its easy to blame Koeman but he was only there for two summer transfer windows, since he left they have spent just as much per season as he did,

That is true, lookling that the owner has spent £400M odd since the new owner turned up in 2016. I dont see Benitez lasting too long in the next month.
Poor old Everton. on 08:59 - Dec 4 with 364 viewsButty101

Poor old Everton. on 11:31 - Dec 3 by SaintNick

You are right you cant compare Gao and Moshiri.

Goa isnt sitting back and hoping, he is unable to invest because of the situation between China and the West and his hands are tied.

Gao has been trying to sell for two years, but to his credit he hasnt sold to any chancer that comes along and we arent sidled with someone like Burnley's owners who have leveraged the club.

Last season we got hit by a lot more injuries than Everton have had this term and we survived with ease, we are reasonably well run as a club and we use our budget well.

Moshiri has a track record of throwing money at every problem , since you enticed Koeman away from us in 2016 you are now on your 5th permanent manager each one has been the new saviour, yet around £600 million spent on transfers and your last 5 years has been no better than ours

So pound for pound Gao has outperformed Moshiri so far, the only difference is we hasn't promised us the earth and delivered nothing

Enough of the Gao isn’t a bad owner. Or at least come up with new arguments!
Under his watch we are in steady decline. He was brought in to take us to the next level as Kat didn’t have the funds. He hasn’t invested a single penny and has no connection with the club what so ever. So please stop peddling this bs that he will only sell to the right owner. If he had a remote chance of getting his money back, he would sell in a heartbeat.
The More likely reason we have not been sold, is because of Kats20% and the power to veto deals.
If you try and peddle the “he has never taken transfer fees etc” I and several other people have answered this and you never respond. In a nut shell though why he take 10mill of transfer fees out and cause the club to get relegated making his asset worthless

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024