Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League handling of current COVID Issues 18:09 - Dec 16 with 1210 viewsSalisburySaint

Once again the Premier League are show how little they care for supporters

On top of the later and later announcement of games on TV, we are now seeing how fans and even players interests are being ignored by those in charge of the league.

Several clubs have numerous players infected, yet it appears League is being biased towards the bigger clubs, who actually have larger squads when it comes to postponing games, Watford being the exception.

Not only that but they are generally not announcing the postponements too late, most Watford fans would have been on their way or already in Burnley when game was called off.

I honestly think it’s getting to the stage where all this weekends games should be called off, but if not the Premier League need to announce the day before at the very latest the day before to call off the games, to avoid unnecessary travel for teams, such as Spurs who travelled up to Leicester yesterday and fans, especially as travelling itself it’s getting more difficult with multiple trains and buses getting cancelled due to COVID currently.

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 00:17 - Dec 17 with 1125 viewsBicester_North

In short the whole thing is a load of bollocks. Live with it or go mental.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 00:51 - Dec 17 with 1113 viewsElijahK

Well I’m just happy that we actually got some proper notice, as a mate of mines a Watford fan and went all the way up to Burnley, to hear a rumour only 20 minutes after he’s gotten to a pub, that the game was gonna get called off, which a few minutes later was confirmed only 2.5 hours before KO. He certainly wasn’t happy about it and for good reason, especially with it being a midweek game, as many Watford fans expect some form of compensation for the travel expenses for the day, but whether the PL/Burnley/Watford give them that or not is quite unlikely.
Still is annoying, but just more relieved that my Saturdays not been wasted due to them actually telling us in time.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 00:56 - Dec 17 with 1111 viewsBicester_North

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 00:51 - Dec 17 by ElijahK

Well I’m just happy that we actually got some proper notice, as a mate of mines a Watford fan and went all the way up to Burnley, to hear a rumour only 20 minutes after he’s gotten to a pub, that the game was gonna get called off, which a few minutes later was confirmed only 2.5 hours before KO. He certainly wasn’t happy about it and for good reason, especially with it being a midweek game, as many Watford fans expect some form of compensation for the travel expenses for the day, but whether the PL/Burnley/Watford give them that or not is quite unlikely.
Still is annoying, but just more relieved that my Saturdays not been wasted due to them actually telling us in time.

Insane bunch of c*nts

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 07:22 - Dec 17 with 1035 viewscocklebreath

It’s all a load and of Bollox, a pretty much fully vaccinated country and we’re stopping stuff, running scared, can’t we just live with this boring virus? Boris is a total loser along with all the cautious scientists coming up with mental graphs showing we’re all gonna die when the reality is totally different.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 08:07 - Dec 17 with 1007 viewsSalisburySaint

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 07:22 - Dec 17 by cocklebreath

It’s all a load and of Bollox, a pretty much fully vaccinated country and we’re stopping stuff, running scared, can’t we just live with this boring virus? Boris is a total loser along with all the cautious scientists coming up with mental graphs showing we’re all gonna die when the reality is totally different.

Whilst I agree with your view on Boris, its certainly not bollox.

The country is slowly coming to a halt due to infections, with loads of trains and buses cancelled due to staff having COVID.

I've encountered loads myself in the past week, with loads of trains cancelled going to and from London for Arsenal game (50% of them back to Salisbury after the game), and loads of southern trains cancelled after the game at Palace on Wednesday night.

50% of staff where my son works are off work and where i work loads are off too, this is reality not Bollox.

but what i asked for was if games are to be called off we get early notice, not 2-3 hopurs before kick off: which it seems Premier league and EFL are now doing, top prevent wasted journeys for fans and teams alike ,
Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 08:21 - Dec 17 with 1000 viewsBuggalugs

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 08:07 - Dec 17 by SalisburySaint

Whilst I agree with your view on Boris, its certainly not bollox.

The country is slowly coming to a halt due to infections, with loads of trains and buses cancelled due to staff having COVID.

I've encountered loads myself in the past week, with loads of trains cancelled going to and from London for Arsenal game (50% of them back to Salisbury after the game), and loads of southern trains cancelled after the game at Palace on Wednesday night.

50% of staff where my son works are off work and where i work loads are off too, this is reality not Bollox.

but what i asked for was if games are to be called off we get early notice, not 2-3 hopurs before kick off: which it seems Premier league and EFL are now doing, top prevent wasted journeys for fans and teams alike ,

Yeah, but how many of those infected are seriously ill anymore? I know so many people who've tested positive in recent weeks and nearly all of them only have very mild symptoms. Roll back 6-12 months ago, most people that got it, got it much worse.

Surely demonstrates both natural immunity and the vaccine are working, so why keep shutting down the country and messing with people's livelihoods? We can't go on like this indefinitely.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 08:30 - Dec 17 with 977 viewsclunk76

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 08:21 - Dec 17 by Buggalugs

Yeah, but how many of those infected are seriously ill anymore? I know so many people who've tested positive in recent weeks and nearly all of them only have very mild symptoms. Roll back 6-12 months ago, most people that got it, got it much worse.

Surely demonstrates both natural immunity and the vaccine are working, so why keep shutting down the country and messing with people's livelihoods? We can't go on like this indefinitely.

This entirely.

I've just had it, and other than loosing my smell for a few days i had absolutely no other symptoms. Couple of my mates exactly the same.
Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 09:14 - Dec 17 with 939 viewssolent_toffee

I’m beginning to come round to this way of thinking. The push out for the vaccine/booster should be the main focus, closing everything down, again, including cancelling operations, GP appointments, mental health assessments, not to mention the impact on the economy will just keep setting us back.
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 09:34 - Dec 17 with 914 viewsBerber

I thought that if a club had 13 unaffected players in the squad, then no reason to postpone. So long as they apply the rule consistently, what is the problem?
Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 10:15 - Dec 17 with 896 viewsBuggalugs

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 09:14 - Dec 17 by solent_toffee

I’m beginning to come round to this way of thinking. The push out for the vaccine/booster should be the main focus, closing everything down, again, including cancelling operations, GP appointments, mental health assessments, not to mention the impact on the economy will just keep setting us back.

The problem is we've been so obsessed with testing throughout, our case numbers have always and will continue to be ridiculously high. I think we test something like 5 times more than the next highest in Europe, Germany.

High infection rates, especially now most people have vaccine protection and the strain appears weaker are in many ways a good thing, as it increases the antibody levels in everyone's immune system. The knock on effect of re-introducing restrictions is much more of a threat to the country now than Covid imo.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 14:01 - Dec 17 with 818 viewscocklebreath

Exactly

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 09:01 - Dec 18 with 658 viewsdwayne_dibley

Premier League handling of current COVID Issues on 09:14 - Dec 17 by solent_toffee

thought GPs had cancelled all appoints so they can go and get paid extra for vax jabbing

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024