Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last Night 14:16 - Dec 16 with 1202 viewsSaintNick

Have to say it was a bit edgy for 30 minutes but then just a good night out watching a great battling football match.

Palace fans were superb, I have to hand it to them in the past decade they have gone from a crowd who weren't very loud to one that gives wholehearted backing to their team, the palace Ultras have inspired a culture of supporting their team and we could do with more of that here.

Croydon is a strange place, the centre has loads of new high rise buildings its a bit like Manhattan in places, but the place virtually closed at 11.

Whilst walking down the street about 10.30 almost got run over by a big loud car couldnt work out whether it was a Maserati, Lotus or similar anyway, number plate of something like W1l Fred it had to be the sulky one who Shane Long wound up last night

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Last Night on 16:40 - Dec 16 with 1114 viewsTimSaint

The Palace fans to our immediate left were total tw@ts last night.

Having gone 1 up after a couple of mins, there were about a 15-20 or so of them in their mid teens to early twenties, who spent the entire first half goading the Saints fans. (around row 30 ?)

They weren't even watching the match, just hellbent on winding our fans up, knowing that they had the Stewards and those tarpaulin seat cover segregation sheets for protection.

Surprised it didn't go off, especially after we went in front.

Strangely enough in the 2nd half, they were a bit more subdued, but that was probably down to the fact that many Saints fans had moved to that area for the 2nd half !!

Didn't see any trouble outside or at Norwood Junction afterwards - although there was a strangely large Police presence before and after the game around the station and surrounding streets.

As for the Sulky One - I was hoping that JWP was going to do his usual on him, but quite a few different players throughout the game had little nibbles. Thought he was going to bite at Long, but I think it was Redmond who pulled him away. Nothing in it, hence his big 'I'm innocent' smile, in case the ref thought otherwise !!

TimSaint

Last Night on 22:46 - Dec 16 with 993 viewsNewdawn2014

absolute dump of a place , the dirtiest place in the U.K I have seen , happy with the result though.
Last Night on 23:35 - Dec 16 with 954 viewsPatfromPoole

Last Night on 16:40 - Dec 16 by TimSaint

The Palace fans to our immediate left were total tw@ts last night.

Having gone 1 up after a couple of mins, there were about a 15-20 or so of them in their mid teens to early twenties, who spent the entire first half goading the Saints fans. (around row 30 ?)

They weren't even watching the match, just hellbent on winding our fans up, knowing that they had the Stewards and those tarpaulin seat cover segregation sheets for protection.

Surprised it didn't go off, especially after we went in front.

Strangely enough in the 2nd half, they were a bit more subdued, but that was probably down to the fact that many Saints fans had moved to that area for the 2nd half !!

Didn't see any trouble outside or at Norwood Junction afterwards - although there was a strangely large Police presence before and after the game around the station and surrounding streets.

As for the Sulky One - I was hoping that JWP was going to do his usual on him, but quite a few different players throughout the game had little nibbles. Thought he was going to bite at Long, but I think it was Redmond who pulled him away. Nothing in it, hence his big 'I'm innocent' smile, in case the ref thought otherwise !!

Aye, saw a lot of it as was stood there myself.

Stewards there were kept busy for most of the game……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Last Night on 23:44 - Dec 16 with 950 viewsSaintsforeverj

Did Palace uphold the law and check everyone for COVID passports, or was it a complete farce as expected?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Last Night on 23:46 - Dec 16 with 950 viewsTimSaint

Last Night on 23:35 - Dec 16 by PatfromPoole

Aye, saw a lot of it as was stood there myself.

Stewards there were kept busy for most of the game……

What time did you get home in the end Pat ? I think someone said on a different thread that because of engineering works etc, they didn't expect to be back in Poole until around 3am !!

TimSaint

Last Night on 23:56 - Dec 16 with 944 viewsTimSaint

Last Night on 23:44 - Dec 16 by Saintsforeverj

Did Palace uphold the law and check everyone for COVID passports, or was it a complete farce as expected?

Got there at 7pm and strolled up to the steward, showed him my ticket and screenshot of my Covid passport and that was it. They didn't scan it or anything. Got a quick frisk and went in through the automated turnstiles.

Same for my daughter, but she avoided the frisk, perhaps on the fact there were no female stewards where we went in.

TimSaint

Last Night on 09:06 - Dec 17 with 864 viewsPatfromPoole

Last Night on 23:46 - Dec 16 by TimSaint

What time did you get home in the end Pat ? I think someone said on a different thread that because of engineering works etc, they didn't expect to be back in Poole until around 3am !!

I got back to Poole at 1.15am, mate.

Mainly as I decided not to chance the trains and I drove to Richmond, then overground trains to Norwood Junction.

Detour to St. Deny’s on the way home to drop off a mate, and then home.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 9:07]

Last Night on 10:52 - Dec 17 with 792 viewsSaintNick

Last Night on 23:44 - Dec 16 by Saintsforeverj

I got there about 10 mins before kick off the home turnstiles had massive queues, at the away turnstiles there werent that many, despite this the stewards were more concerned about giving everyone thorough searches and in doing so perhaps passing on germs from the last 50 or so people they had frisked than they were about covid passports, in fact they asked no one that i saw for their covid passport

Login to get fewer ads

Last Night on 11:37 - Dec 17 with 762 viewsPatfromPoole

Last Night on 10:52 - Dec 17 by SaintNick

I got there about 10 mins before kick off the home turnstiles had massive queues, at the away turnstiles there werent that many, despite this the stewards were more concerned about giving everyone thorough searches and in doing so perhaps passing on germs from the last 50 or so people they had frisked than they were about covid passports, in fact they asked no one that i saw for their covid passport

I was asked for my COVID passport.

As was my mate who had a Guernsey one; was expecting him to have fun and games with that but they didn’t query it.

The queue was far worse for Bill Bailey at the BIC last night. Who said that the audience resembled a mass queue at a dental surgery……

Last Night on 12:54 - Dec 17 with 735 viewsTimSaint

Last Night on 09:06 - Dec 17 by PatfromPoole

I got back to Poole at 1.15am, mate.

Mainly as I decided not to chance the trains and I drove to Richmond, then overground trains to Norwood Junction.

Detour to St. Deny’s on the way home to drop off a mate, and then home.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 9:07]

Probably a wise move to drive then and gain 2 hours sleep !!

We also went via Norwood Junction (and Clapham) and didn't have to show our tickets at any time during the whole journey !!

TimSaint

Last Night on 13:15 - Dec 17 with 706 views1ASIN12

Looks like once again the club didn’t take the full allocation for palace which I guess is understandable but why aren’t they honest ?

According to the ticket page on the club website the smaller allocation sold out a good coupe of weeks before the game yet when I turn up I see a big block of empty seats .

Not sure if it’s palace or saints but palace missed out on a few extra quid as plenty of people would have gone of saints took the bigger allocation once the smaller one sold out.

It’s not as if palace sold the block to their own fans .

I notice West Ham have been given an allocation of 2800 for palace where from memory we took around 2200 .

Still a good turnout for a midweek away game 10 days or so before Christmas
Last Night on 13:34 - Dec 17 with 695 viewsSaintNick

Last Night on 13:15 - Dec 17 by 1ASIN12

Looks like once again the club didn’t take the full allocation for palace which I guess is understandable but why aren’t they honest ?

According to the ticket page on the club website the smaller allocation sold out a good coupe of weeks before the game yet when I turn up I see a big block of empty seats .

Not sure if it’s palace or saints but palace missed out on a few extra quid as plenty of people would have gone of saints took the bigger allocation once the smaller one sold out.

I notice West Ham have been given an allocation of 2800 for palace where from memory we took around 2200 .

I have the feeling that Palace thought they could sell them to their own fans. but then found they couldnt,, you would have thought at some stage they could have turned round and said to Saints if you want to sell a few more tickets you can do, but they didn't

Not Saints fault here other than opting for the 2,200 in the first place, but if you take the extra 600 tickets then you are taking a risk that you dont sell them and have to pay Palace £18,000 for tickets that are unsold.

Given the raging that went on on here this week because the club had sent all season ticket holders a metal badge I can understand their point in not taking extra tickets, read Saints social media and you would think that there wasn't a Saints supporter around that intended to go to another game this season

Last Night on 13:38 - Dec 17 with 680 viewsSaintsforeverj

Last Night on 13:15 - Dec 17 by 1ASIN12

You're right. SFC are f@cking annoying. The away Palace tickets sold out about 3 weeks ago. Why an earth didn't they start putting that empty block on sale? Palace wouldn't have sold it to their own fans, they haven't been getting sell outs and there is a big metal barrier across the block. Palace is always popular too. Penny pinching to the extreme. Yes, we took 2200 instead of 2800. They should have taken 2800 in the first place. We would definitely have sold it.

And yes, Palace missing out on 20 odd grand too, leaving the seats empty. Are these people stupid?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 13:52]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024