Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window 21:15 - Dec 20 with 61030 viewsHullDale

With about ten days until the transfer window opens, what’s everyone’s thoughts on the business we should be doing in January?

I’ve tried to pull squad details together as best as I can from memory here:

Joel Coleman (permanent, Summer 2022)
Jay Lynch (permanent, Summer 2022)
Brad Wade (permanent, Summer 2022)

Jim McNulty (permanent, Summer 2022)
Eoghan O'Connell (permanent, Summer 2022)
Jeriel Dorsett (loan, Summer 2022)
Sam Graham (permanent, Summer 2023)
Max Taylor (permanent, Summer 2023)
Joe Dunne (permanent, Summer 2022)
Matt Done (permanent, Summer 2022)
Aidy White (permanent, Summer 2023)
Corey O’Keeffe (loan, January 2022)

Liam Kelly (permanent, Summer 2023)
George Broadbent (loan, January 2022)
Conor Grant (permanent, Summer 2023)
Jimmy Keohane (permanent, Summer 2023)
Aaron Morley (permanent, Summer 2022)
Ethan Brierley (permanent, Summer 2022)
Stephen Dooley (permanent, Summer 2022)
Alex Newby (permanent, Summer 2022)

Abraham Odoh (permanent, Summer 2023)
Jake Beesley (permanent, Summer 2023)
Josh Andrews (loan, Summer 2022)
Danny Cashman (loan, Summer 2022)

For me, I'd be looking at O'Keeffe permanently as a priority, as well as trying to tie some of the regular first team squad down to longer deals (Summer 2022 as it stands could see an exodus!) - Coleman, O'Connell, Dooley & Newby would be the obvious contenders.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Broadbent (& maybe Cashman) head back to their parent clubs in January, with maybe Morley moving on for a fee too.

Whatever happens, now the club seems to be more settled, hopefully Stockdale will have the chance to continue shaping the squad into his own - with an emphasis on more permanent players coming in. A centre half and a natural goal poacher (in the Alfie / Dagnall mould) coming in and we could really be setting up for a strong second half of the season.

This post has been edited by an administrator
January Transfer Window on 14:21 - Jan 5 with 7427 viewsjacko_dale

Alan Nixon reporting that Blackpool are interested in Bees.
January Transfer Window on 14:41 - Jan 5 with 7323 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 14:21 - Jan 5 by jacko_dale

That interest will have to turn into a serious offer for us to part with Bees this window. He's integral to the way we play..

I'm not sure a move to be a backup striker would benefit his game either, though his bank balance wouldn't suffer. Bees strikes me as an honest pro who wants to play games.
January Transfer Window on 14:46 - Jan 5 with 7304 viewsnordenblue

January Transfer Window on 14:21 - Jan 5 by jacko_dale

There's a few championship clubs been looking at him for a while
January Transfer Window on 15:03 - Jan 5 with 7236 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 13:34 - Jan 5 by kel

^ This.

He makes a living reading message boards. Nice work if you can get it, especially if you can patronise supporters of their own clubs.

^ this x 2.

Gabriel Sutton is probably the best of the bunch, but 99% of the stuff he writes is based on other people's opinions i.e. message boards and Twitter. The problem is people see them as experts or very well informed.

It's even worse when GS pulls a name out of nowhere and fans of other clubs pretend the know the first thing about said player. They have never seen them play, they're typically kids who've barely tasted first team football. It's just a face palm moment.
January Transfer Window on 15:06 - Jan 5 with 7206 views442Dale

That loan move to Droylsden has to Beesley’s best option for now. Next season we will reap the benefits.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

January Transfer Window on 16:05 - Jan 5 with 6975 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 13:34 - Jan 5 by kel

^ This.

He makes a living reading message boards. Nice work if you can get it, especially if you can patronise supporters of their own clubs.

For what it's worth I think Gab's heart is in the right place. It was a nice touch from him to buy a Dale shirt when the takeover seemingly fell through for example. The problem is when he attempts to join in a conversation on a club as if he is a fan or as if he knows as much or more than a supporter that watches every game.

I do respect the time he puts in to try and stay afloat of all 72 EFL clubs as much as he can and although it may just be through reading messageboards, he must spend more time doing so than I could swallow. But he'd be wise to realise it's not possible to be an expert on all 72 and the idiosyncrasies of each fanbase. For example, perhaps BBM's management-speak and general personality may have been swallowed more easily by fans of other clubs, but by the end it's fair to say most Dale fans could see right through him. It's easy to point to things like 'a nice style of play' and a 'likeable person' when it isn't the team that you support that's losing under him every weekend.

Tangled up in blue.

January Transfer Window on 16:35 - Jan 5 with 6848 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 16:05 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

For what it's worth I think Gab's heart is in the right place. It was a nice touch from him to buy a Dale shirt when the takeover seemingly fell through for example. The problem is when he attempts to join in a conversation on a club as if he is a fan or as if he knows as much or more than a supporter that watches every game.

I do respect the time he puts in to try and stay afloat of all 72 EFL clubs as much as he can and although it may just be through reading messageboards, he must spend more time doing so than I could swallow. But he'd be wise to realise it's not possible to be an expert on all 72 and the idiosyncrasies of each fanbase. For example, perhaps BBM's management-speak and general personality may have been swallowed more easily by fans of other clubs, but by the end it's fair to say most Dale fans could see right through him. It's easy to point to things like 'a nice style of play' and a 'likeable person' when it isn't the team that you support that's losing under him every weekend.

I agree his heart is in the right place. I also think his knowledge of players is superb, especially considering the clubs he 'covers'.

It's the not so fine line between knowing of a player and the position he plays vs how good he is (based on your own experience of seeing him play) and how he'd fit in to how a specific team play, that causes my frustration. That and football Vloggers, they can get in the sea.

Basically I'm a grumpy old bastard.
January Transfer Window on 17:11 - Jan 5 with 6710 viewsTVOS1907

Do you not think buying the shirt was a publicity stunt to curry favour?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window on 18:48 - Jan 5 with 6422 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 17:11 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

Do you not think buying the shirt was a publicity stunt to curry favour?

Possibly, although I'd be surprised if anyone thinks the 30 or so Dale fans who use Twitter on a regular basis are worth that much effort to curry favour with.

Tangled up in blue.

January Transfer Window on 19:27 - Jan 5 with 6291 viewsTVOS1907

January Transfer Window on 18:48 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

Possibly, although I'd be surprised if anyone thinks the 30 or so Dale fans who use Twitter on a regular basis are worth that much effort to curry favour with.

Every click counts, or summat.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

January Transfer Window on 20:09 - Jan 5 with 6116 viewsShun

Nicely put, ATP. I can see it from both sides, and perhaps I’m guilty of pandering to him a bit as he’s genuinely a nice lad, which is nice to see amidst the swamp of Football Twitter. It makes a change to be able to debate on that platform with a non-Daley without it turning into petty squabbles.

Now, to the real point, did I see you sauntering through Heywood today in luminous pink trousers?
January Transfer Window on 23:55 - Jan 5 with 5685 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 20:09 - Jan 5 by Shun

Nicely put, ATP. I can see it from both sides, and perhaps I’m guilty of pandering to him a bit as he’s genuinely a nice lad, which is nice to see amidst the swamp of Football Twitter. It makes a change to be able to debate on that platform with a non-Daley without it turning into petty squabbles.

Now, to the real point, did I see you sauntering through Heywood today in luminous pink trousers?

Ha, I'm currently isolating after testing positive last week so I can categorically deny that was me. My pink pants haven't been out of the cupboard (often) since Newport.

Tangled up in blue.

January Transfer Window on 13:42 - Jan 6 with 5123 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 23:55 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

Ha, I'm currently isolating after testing positive last week so I can categorically deny that was me. My pink pants haven't been out of the cupboard (often) since Newport.

I don't know if I'm relieved or disappointed it wasn't you.

To be fair, I had my doubts when Shun described the person as 'sauntering'.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 13:44]
January Transfer Window on 13:49 - Jan 6 with 5077 viewsShun

Disappointed!
January Transfer Window on 17:33 - Jan 6 with 4720 viewsHullDale

Sounds like we'll know today / tomorrow if we're going to see O'Keeffe back in a Dale shirt. Also sounds like it could be a busy one with comings and goings over the coming weeks.

Good to hear again, though, that we are 'doing business on our terms'.
January Transfer Window on 21:19 - Jan 6 with 4361 viewsHullDale

in non-Dale news, rumours online linking Callum Camps with a move down to Bristol Rovers..
January Transfer Window on 21:36 - Jan 6 with 4295 viewsboromat

January Transfer Window on 21:19 - Jan 6 by HullDale

in non-Dale news, rumours online linking Callum Camps with a move down to Bristol Rovers..

He's too good for League 2. If he goes it's because he'll play every game.

Wondering if it's looking like he's available a few League 1 clubs might sit up and take notice.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

January Transfer Window on 22:17 - Jan 6 with 4208 viewsRAFCBLUE

January Transfer Window on 17:33 - Jan 6 by HullDale

Sounds like we'll know today / tomorrow if we're going to see O'Keeffe back in a Dale shirt. Also sounds like it could be a busy one with comings and goings over the coming weeks.

Good to hear again, though, that we are 'doing business on our terms'.

So far:

Odoh signed
Broadbent extended

"We are in a strong position as a club and we will do business on our terms."

"We obviously have targets in mind that we would like to bring in."

"We have players that other teams will want and we need to be reactive to covering that if we decide to sell players"

Who's next?!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

January Transfer Window on 09:58 - Jan 8 with 3548 viewsjacko_dale

A few people on Twitter who claim to know people 'in the know' at Dale are saying Beesley to Blackpool is almost a done deal.

Sounds very much a case of 'my next door neighbour's uncle's window cleaner' etc for now though!
January Transfer Window on 14:44 - Jan 8 with 3191 viewsShun

Interesting to note who would’ve filled in for O’Keefe on today’s team sheet. I thought Odoh would’ve been first choice after excelling at LWB recently, but it looks like it would’ve been Dooley, or even Newby.
January Transfer Window on 15:31 - Jan 8 with 3095 viewsjs2006

RS confirming bids accepted for (assume) Bees and Morley
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 15:32]
January Transfer Window on 15:55 - Jan 12 with 2492 viewsboromat

January Transfer Window on 19:49 - Jan 12 with 2128 viewsboromat

https://the72.co.uk/259644/rochdale-keen-on-aberdeen-midfielder-dean-campbell/

January Transfer Window on 20:16 - Jan 12 with 1995 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 19:49 - Jan 12 by boromat

https://the72.co.uk/259644/rochdale-keen-on-aberdeen-midfielder-dean-campbell/

Thoughts, Fitzo?