Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window 21:15 - Dec 20 with 61065 viewsHullDale

With about ten days until the transfer window opens, what’s everyone’s thoughts on the business we should be doing in January?

I’ve tried to pull squad details together as best as I can from memory here:

Joel Coleman (permanent, Summer 2022)
Jay Lynch (permanent, Summer 2022)
Brad Wade (permanent, Summer 2022)

Jim McNulty (permanent, Summer 2022)
Eoghan O'Connell (permanent, Summer 2022)
Jeriel Dorsett (loan, Summer 2022)
Sam Graham (permanent, Summer 2023)
Max Taylor (permanent, Summer 2023)
Joe Dunne (permanent, Summer 2022)
Matt Done (permanent, Summer 2022)
Aidy White (permanent, Summer 2023)
Corey O’Keeffe (loan, January 2022)

Liam Kelly (permanent, Summer 2023)
George Broadbent (loan, January 2022)
Conor Grant (permanent, Summer 2023)
Jimmy Keohane (permanent, Summer 2023)
Aaron Morley (permanent, Summer 2022)
Ethan Brierley (permanent, Summer 2022)
Stephen Dooley (permanent, Summer 2022)
Alex Newby (permanent, Summer 2022)

Abraham Odoh (permanent, Summer 2023)
Jake Beesley (permanent, Summer 2023)
Josh Andrews (loan, Summer 2022)
Danny Cashman (loan, Summer 2022)

For me, I'd be looking at O'Keeffe permanently as a priority, as well as trying to tie some of the regular first team squad down to longer deals (Summer 2022 as it stands could see an exodus!) - Coleman, O'Connell, Dooley & Newby would be the obvious contenders.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Broadbent (& maybe Cashman) head back to their parent clubs in January, with maybe Morley moving on for a fee too.

Whatever happens, now the club seems to be more settled, hopefully Stockdale will have the chance to continue shaping the squad into his own - with an emphasis on more permanent players coming in. A centre half and a natural goal poacher (in the Alfie / Dagnall mould) coming in and we could really be setting up for a strong second half of the season.

This post has been edited by an administrator
January Transfer Window on 00:18 - Jan 17 with 7811 viewsShun

Luke Charman’s left his job in the north east. Rumours abound that he’s chosen his new club.
January Transfer Window on 19:40 - Jan 17 with 7068 viewsboromat

From a reliable source I'm sure ....

Poll: What are we more excited for?

January Transfer Window on 19:41 - Jan 17 with 7060 viewsIOMDale

A Darlington board member was playing coy earlier…

UTDNFS

January Transfer Window on 22:17 - Jan 17 with 6743 viewsTomRAFC

January Transfer Window on 19:41 - Jan 17 by IOMDale

A Darlington board member was playing coy earlier…

Tweet deleted...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

January Transfer Window on 22:19 - Jan 17 with 6739 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 22:17 - Jan 17 by TomRAFC

Tweet deleted...

I’m not surprised, they’re probably in the process of getting a restraining order.
January Transfer Window on 09:08 - Jan 18 with 6437 views1907

January Transfer Window on 22:19 - Jan 17 by Brierls

I’m not surprised, they’re probably in the process of getting a restraining order.

I’m not on Twitter but managed to look at a few tweets last night when I was bored.

If anybody knows that Lee Brookfield can you please ask him to step away from the internet. To put this as politely as possible, he’s not coming across very well or giving a particularly great impression of the club.
January Transfer Window on 09:21 - Jan 18 with 6379 viewsIOMDale

January Transfer Window on 09:08 - Jan 18 by 1907

I’m not on Twitter but managed to look at a few tweets last night when I was bored.

If anybody knows that Lee Brookfield can you please ask him to step away from the internet. To put this as politely as possible, he’s not coming across very well or giving a particularly great impression of the club.

I know he has posted on here before but not often.

UTDNFS

January Transfer Window on 09:40 - Jan 18 with 6321 viewsnordenblue

Wasn't he the chap who kept getting loads of questions asked at a previous forum, seem to remember the name, some of the stuff he puts is at best very odd
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window on 14:34 - Jan 18 with 5728 viewsBrierls

I replied to one particular thread late last night and then exchanged a few DM's.

To be fair to him, he has deleted some of the tweets (and I've done the same with my responses).
January Transfer Window on 15:18 - Jan 18 with 5567 viewsLeeBrookfield

You are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. Thank you for your polite request. Please consider it politely declined.
On this forum, there are times when people are not kind to one another, the same with twitter. I deleted my tweets because the person who spoke to me in confidence did not want to scupper any deal and I also did not think it looked good me and Brierls getting into it where everyone can see, as did Brierls. We did this because we are grown ass men who can deal with differences of opinion with civility. I respect him for that as I hope he does me.
After exchanging DM's with Brierls in confidence, I think he can verify the things that I was saying had real merit to them. I just can not make them public as I have been asked not to tweet them publicly. I have respected this and not tweeted them publicly.
As a fan since 1988/89 season, a Dale Trust member and club shareholder, I have never and will never do anything to harm our club, that is a promise.
I have a lot of faith in Robbie Stockdale and the board, but I also hold a constructively critical view we are never aggressive enough in the transfer market. It is a view I and most others have held for decades now, I would love the club to address the issue.
I do not feel there is anything wrong in expressing that opinion and so will not apologize for it.
We are all entitled to our own opinions, but name calling or discouraging opinions only ever results in bullying, targeted harassment and division. It never ends well.
For an example of this, just look at previous actions of Morton House and where it got them. Nowhere thankfully.
Also look at the examples of clubs that have gone bust or are in decline. Fan bases arguing does not look good or achieve anything.
I am the individual who sent in questions to the now infamous YouTube AGM.
One of the questions I asked was if it was not about time we had Dale Trust representation on the board. Tony Pockney replied to the question.
A short while after Murray Knight has now joined the board and the trust bought more shares and has more say as a major shareholder. I genuinely could not be happier about this. I think it is a great step forward to safe guarding our club and would like to thank Colin Cavanah and Murray Knight for the work they do.
If we support one another and remember we all support the same club, we will see a stronger community and club.
Hopefully this will draw a line under things and nip it in the bud. Please remember a rising tide lifts all ships and lets support each other positively.
I hope you have a good day #UpTheDale
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 15:25]
January Transfer Window on 15:28 - Jan 18 with 5505 viewsNewbury_Dale

Just wait for the deals to be announced on Twitter like everyone else is doing.
January Transfer Window on 15:46 - Jan 18 with 5396 views1907

January Transfer Window on 15:18 - Jan 18 by LeeBrookfield

You are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. Thank you for your polite request. Please consider it politely declined.
On this forum, there are times when people are not kind to one another, the same with twitter. I deleted my tweets because the person who spoke to me in confidence did not want to scupper any deal and I also did not think it looked good me and Brierls getting into it where everyone can see, as did Brierls. We did this because we are grown ass men who can deal with differences of opinion with civility. I respect him for that as I hope he does me.
After exchanging DM's with Brierls in confidence, I think he can verify the things that I was saying had real merit to them. I just can not make them public as I have been asked not to tweet them publicly. I have respected this and not tweeted them publicly.
As a fan since 1988/89 season, a Dale Trust member and club shareholder, I have never and will never do anything to harm our club, that is a promise.
I have a lot of faith in Robbie Stockdale and the board, but I also hold a constructively critical view we are never aggressive enough in the transfer market. It is a view I and most others have held for decades now, I would love the club to address the issue.
I do not feel there is anything wrong in expressing that opinion and so will not apologize for it.
We are all entitled to our own opinions, but name calling or discouraging opinions only ever results in bullying, targeted harassment and division. It never ends well.
For an example of this, just look at previous actions of Morton House and where it got them. Nowhere thankfully.
Also look at the examples of clubs that have gone bust or are in decline. Fan bases arguing does not look good or achieve anything.
One of the questions I asked was if it was not about time we had Dale Trust representation on the board. Tony Pockney replied to the question.
A short while after Murray Knight has now joined the board and the trust bought more shares and has more say as a major shareholder. I genuinely could not be happier about this. I think it is a great step forward to safe guarding our club and would like to thank Colin Cavanah and Murray Knight for the work they do.
If we support one another and remember we all support the same club, we will see a stronger community and club.
Hopefully this will draw a line under things and nip it in the bud. Please remember a rising tide lifts all ships and lets support each other positively.

Maybe just tone it down a bit and then it won’t look as strange from an outside perspective.

I mean the sheer volume of your tweets clearly demonstrate your love for the club, but I absolutely agree with Briels that they could also become potentially damaging.
January Transfer Window on 17:40 - Jan 18 with 5057 viewsmightydale

January Transfer Window on 15:18 - Jan 18 by LeeBrookfield

In future Why don't you ask for this fourm opinion before you post anything on you're own twitter feed, or better still just post what the fcuk you want.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

January Transfer Window on 17:22 - Jan 19 with 4221 viewsBrierls

Matt Smith has signed for Salford today. Jesus.

££££££££££££££££££££
January Transfer Window on 18:01 - Jan 19 with 4066 views100notout

January Transfer Window on 17:22 - Jan 19 by Brierls

££££££££££££££££££££

Must be paying big bucks - did they pay a fee as well?

Pushes henderson further down the pecking order

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

January Transfer Window on 18:41 - Jan 19 with 3896 viewsIOMDale

The latest gossip regarding Luke Charman has him as being announced tomorrow.

[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 18:43]

UTDNFS

January Transfer Window on 18:48 - Jan 19 with 3855 views1907

January Transfer Window on 17:22 - Jan 19 by Brierls

££££££££££££££££££££

Absolutely farcical.

I read this fair game article earlier and felt really positive about the future.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/tracey-crouch-conservative-governme

Salford a making a mockery of it all. Sick of it.
January Transfer Window on 18:55 - Jan 19 with 3811 viewsD_Alien

January Transfer Window on 18:48 - Jan 19 by 1907

Absolutely farcical.

I read this fair game article earlier and felt really positive about the future.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/tracey-crouch-conservative-governme

Salford a making a mockery of it all. Sick of it.

tbf, the Tracey Crouch review hasn't yet been implemented, although Fair Game are keeping those who're signed up with them updated with that

All the Salford recruitment does is highlight why it won't come into effect a moment too soon

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

January Transfer Window on 19:57 - Jan 19 with 3580 viewsnordenblue

January Transfer Window on 18:01 - Jan 19 by 100notout

Must be paying big bucks - did they pay a fee as well?

Pushes henderson further down the pecking order

Speaking to someone last week who's pretty clued up with most things going on at Salford and he mentioned apparently Hendo isn't even nearly the top earner there, seems there's a few earning a bigger salary already, guessing Smith will now be the biggest of them all, its ridiculous how they have so many players earning stupid money whilst having far worse crowds than we do...
January Transfer Window on 12:18 - Jan 20 with 3048 viewssandylaner23

January Transfer Window on 19:57 - Jan 19 by nordenblue

Speaking to someone last week who's pretty clued up with most things going on at Salford and he mentioned apparently Hendo isn't even nearly the top earner there, seems there's a few earning a bigger salary already, guessing Smith will now be the biggest of them all, its ridiculous how they have so many players earning stupid money whilst having far worse crowds than we do...

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-two/salford-city/

Eye watering if this is true
January Transfer Window on 12:24 - Jan 20 with 3014 viewsEllDale

Matty Lund "only" on £1900 per week?
When he left I thought he'd gone for twice that amount.
Shame that we couldn't have matched it.
January Transfer Window on 16:27 - Jan 20 with 2678 views1907

January Transfer Window on 12:24 - Jan 20 by EllDale

Matty Lund "only" on £1900 per week?
When he left I thought he'd gone for twice that amount.
Shame that we couldn't have matched it.

So apparently BBM was worried about making Lund one of our top earners due to his previous injury records. What a terrible decision that’s turned out to be.
January Transfer Window on 16:34 - Jan 20 with 2642 viewsDaleiLama

January Transfer Window on 16:27 - Jan 20 by 1907

So apparently BBM was worried about making Lund one of our top earners due to his previous injury records. What a terrible decision that’s turned out to be.

The best decision BBM made was to take the city job

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

January Transfer Window on 17:07 - Jan 20 with 2490 viewsEllDale

According to those figures two Mattys are on the same weekly wage.
Lund and Salford and Done at Rochdale.
January Transfer Window on 20:09 - Jan 25 with 1790 viewsboromat

All gone very quiet on the rumours.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024