Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Morley to Bolton? 14:52 - Jan 8 with 14168 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19834006.bolton-wanderers-rochdale-midfiel

Could be off todays team sheet with covid. But maybe it's something to do with this?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 08:09 - Jan 10 with 4534 views1907

Hopefully both can be confirmed today and we can move forward.

Hopefully with some positive, experienced incomings throughout the rest of the week as well as the return of COK.

Fingers crossed.
Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 17:24 - Jan 11 with 4020 viewsdavidab2202

Confirmed .
Now must be time for an incomer or two.
Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 17:29 - Jan 11 with 3960 viewsboromat

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 17:24 - Jan 11 by davidab2202

Confirmed .
Now must be time for an incomer or two.

Yes it might not seem like it now but surely this is a great start to the window. If you're going to have outgoings have them early and on your terms. It seems like that's the case and we now have a few weeks to get in some replacements whether that's permanent signings or some gap filling loans until the end of the season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 17:31 - Jan 11 with 3943 viewselectricblue

Reports say Morley cost Bolton £100k plus addons....

Sounds a tad cheap to me....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 17:46 - Jan 11 with 3802 views1907

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 17:31 - Jan 11 by electricblue

He was out of contract in the summer it is what it is. If he wants to go there’s no point keeping him. We need players here who want to be here.
Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 18:23 - Jan 11 with 3622 viewsDaley_Lama

Aren’t Bolton hundreds of millions of pounds in debt?

Poll: DF in or out

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 18:43 - Jan 11 with 3510 viewsDalenet

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 18:23 - Jan 11 by Daley_Lama

Aren’t Bolton hundreds of millions of pounds in debt?

When has that stopped clubs from cheating further?
Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 19:33 - Jan 11 with 3306 viewsjonahwhereru

I know some will say Morley could have gone to Scotland or abroad for nothing at the end of the season. However looking at the risks and rewards here. Yes that is a risk, but it was much more likely he would have gone to an EFL club. That would trigger a compensation package. Someone kindly posted a link to previous compensation deal as a comparison. Looking at that detail it was difficult to see how the compensation here would be less than 100k. In which case there was nothing in it for the club in accepting 100k now. It shouldn’t be to difficult to sell it to Aaron that in the summer window he would have a wider choice of teams interested in him. Plus by playing well in the remainder of the season his summer move could be more lucrative for him.
So tbh I will wait until it appears in the club accounts before I believe that one.
As for Aaron he was initially a slow burner in his first pro contract, but eventually he began to establish himself and prosper. He scored some beauties for us and is or course another great advertisement for the academy. Good luck Aaron, except when we are playing Bolton of course.
Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 20:40 - Jan 11 with 3122 viewsboromat

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 19:33 - Jan 11 by jonahwhereru

I know some will say Morley could have gone to Scotland or abroad for nothing at the end of the season. However looking at the risks and rewards here. Yes that is a risk, but it was much more likely he would have gone to an EFL club. That would trigger a compensation package. Someone kindly posted a link to previous compensation deal as a comparison. Looking at that detail it was difficult to see how the compensation here would be less than 100k. In which case there was nothing in it for the club in accepting 100k now. It shouldn’t be to difficult to sell it to Aaron that in the summer window he would have a wider choice of teams interested in him. Plus by playing well in the remainder of the season his summer move could be more lucrative for him.
So tbh I will wait until it appears in the club accounts before I believe that one.
As for Aaron he was initially a slow burner in his first pro contract, but eventually he began to establish himself and prosper. He scored some beauties for us and is or course another great advertisement for the academy. Good luck Aaron, except when we are playing Bolton of course.

You can see the £100k as compensation for him leaving in January rather than the summer plus the gamble that the add ons will come good. The add ons could far out way anything we'd get in compensation.

What this deal shows (If the 100k is accurate) is we're not desperate for money like some people would have you believe and we're willing to play a longer game for greater reward.

Let's now all hope Morley does well and helps Bolton to promotion and then gets himself a big money move.

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 23:10 - Jan 11 with 2848 viewspioneer

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 20:40 - Jan 11 by boromat

You can see the £100k as compensation for him leaving in January rather than the summer plus the gamble that the add ons will come good. The add ons could far out way anything we'd get in compensation.

What this deal shows (If the 100k is accurate) is we're not desperate for money like some people would have you believe and we're willing to play a longer game for greater reward.

Let's now all hope Morley does well and helps Bolton to promotion and then gets himself a big money move.

Might seem like I am cutting my nose to spite my face but I cannot hope Bolton get promoted.

There financial mismanagement (lets leave it at that) means they havent been paying bills on time unlike many of the other teams they are competing with in the third tier.
Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 23:26 - Jan 11 with 2797 viewsD_Alien

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 20:40 - Jan 11 by boromat

Looking at Bolton's position and following another home defeat tonight, Aaron might be forgiven if he gets a sense of deja vu from last season...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 23:37 - Jan 11 with 2762 viewsToffeemanc

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 23:26 - Jan 11 by D_Alien

Looking at Bolton's position and following another home defeat tonight, Aaron might be forgiven if he gets a sense of deja vu from last season...

I think we are very likely to see Morley at spotland again next season in a Bolton shirt in a league two game.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 23:42 - Jan 11 with 2733 viewsD_Alien

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 23:37 - Jan 11 by Toffeemanc

I think we are very likely to see Morley at spotland again next season in a Bolton shirt in a league two game.

There's some wonderful comments by Bolton fans at the end of this article, pretty reminiscent of what we were saying during 2020/21

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59618286

"Evatt is out of his depth" gives the flavour!

[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 23:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 02:27 - Jan 12 with 2584 viewsSandyman

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 23:42 - Jan 11 by D_Alien

There's some wonderful comments by Bolton fans at the end of this article, pretty reminiscent of what we were saying during 2020/21

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59618286

"Evatt is out of his depth" gives the flavour!

[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 23:43]

Indeed.

One comment reads, "The team needs to realise that there are no points given out for the number of triangle passes completed in a match.."

How BBM. Managed relegation anybody?
Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 08:52 - Jan 12 with 2281 viewsforeverhopefulDale

I wish him well, but not bastard Bolton. I have every faith in this BOD to have secured a good deal.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 09:33 - Jan 12 with 2184 viewsDaleiLama

Excellent "Thunderbastard" rating from the ever-entertaining AltDale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 09:36 - Jan 12 with 2178 viewsRAFCBLUE

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 02:27 - Jan 12 by Sandyman

Indeed.

One comment reads, "The team needs to realise that there are no points given out for the number of triangle passes completed in a match.."

How BBM. Managed relegation anybody?

Evatt's star has risen quickly.

Promoted to the EFL with a strong Barrow team from the National League before switching horses to the strongest club in League 2 following the well documented financial issues.

Bolton have mainly been a top two division club so being in the bottom 8 of League 1 will be seen as underachieving.

Evatt does not have the financial firepower to compete and so is signing players like Morley who have played in League 1 but is there to supplement what is there. A three and a half year deal is a huge coup for Morley - guaranteed money until 2025 and fair play to him for that.

We've lost Rathbone and Morley to League 1 clubs paying transfer fees and I know which one of the two might play in the Championship.

Bolton should have enough to escape the drop but I don't think they will get out of League 1 anytime soon and that FA Cup defeat at Stockport really floored them.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 13:17 - Jan 12 with 1782 viewsboromat

Aaron Morley to Bolton? on 09:36 - Jan 12 by RAFCBLUE

Evatt's star has risen quickly.

Promoted to the EFL with a strong Barrow team from the National League before switching horses to the strongest club in League 2 following the well documented financial issues.

Bolton have mainly been a top two division club so being in the bottom 8 of League 1 will be seen as underachieving.

Evatt does not have the financial firepower to compete and so is signing players like Morley who have played in League 1 but is there to supplement what is there. A three and a half year deal is a huge coup for Morley - guaranteed money until 2025 and fair play to him for that.

We've lost Rathbone and Morley to League 1 clubs paying transfer fees and I know which one of the two might play in the Championship.

Bolton should have enough to escape the drop but I don't think they will get out of League 1 anytime soon and that FA Cup defeat at Stockport really floored them.

Are you sure Evatt doesn't have the financial firepower? They reportedly spent in excess of a million in the lad from Accrington!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024