Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way 13:10 - Jan 12 with 2410 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56736/russell-martin-con

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 13:52 - Jan 12 with 2296 viewsThornburyswan

Interesting one as I think Wilson-Esbrand’s contract expires in June.
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 13:55 - Jan 12 with 2291 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Linked to Cyrus Christie too
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 13:57 - Jan 12 with 2284 viewsChief

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 2258 viewsandypitt56

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 13:57 - Jan 12 by Chief

Alex crook has tweeted about Cyrus christie, in the comments has said its close.
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 14:17 - Jan 12 with 2208 viewsBadlands

Looks like two new wing backs.
Both untried. I don’t see Martin developing young talent so brining in these players is not filling me with hope.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 14:27 - Jan 12 with 2151 viewsnantywatcher

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 14:17 - Jan 12 by Badlands

Looks like two new wing backs.
Both untried. I don’t see Martin developing young talent so brining in these players is not filling me with hope.

At the moment relying on Martin's judgement does not fill me with hope, but hey that could all change.
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 15:27 - Jan 12 with 2013 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 14:27 - Jan 12 by nantywatcher

At the moment relying on Martin's judgement does not fill me with hope, but hey that could all change.

The great manager Potter's team brought in the following

Celina, John, McKay, Asoro. Had he got his way Ryan woods. Total £7m plus Woods £14m.

Martin's team brought in.

Downes, Fisher, Piroe, Patterson Walsh. Obafemi. Joesph. £4.5m

Which group do you prefer? .

I actually think Walsh is a good player his horrible error v Southampton not withstanding. I also have faith in Obafemi.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 16:04 - Jan 12 with 1886 viewsBadlands

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 15:27 - Jan 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Celina, John, McKay, Asoro. Had he got his way Ryan woods. Total £7m plus Woods £14m.

I actually think Walsh is a good player his horrible error v Southampton not withstanding. I also have faith in Obafemi.

Potter got more from our players, some didn’t work

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 16:47 - Jan 12 with 1792 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 15:27 - Jan 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Potter spent what £6M, Martin before this window spent £5M
What return did we see on these investments?
Poeet fininshed 10th we will at best fininsh upper midtable this season yet how much did Cooper spend ....what return form that in terms of the money earned from the Play off final and the additional revenue from the play off semifinals for two seasons?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 16:52 - Jan 12 with 1777 viewsnantywatcher

I like Piroe and Joseph; and Downes if he was utilised properly.
Obafemi looks like a disaster. Walsh looks way short.
Patterson is good if you limit your observations to 'match of the day' highlights.
When he was on fire Celina was a stunning player.
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 17:04 - Jan 12 with 1739 viewsBoundy

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 14:03 - Jan 12 by andypitt56

Alex crook has tweeted about Cyrus christie, in the comments has said its close.

According to WoL the deal has fallen through , although I'll await official confirmation

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 17:29 - Jan 12 with 1684 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 16:52 - Jan 12 by nantywatcher

I like Piroe and Joseph; and Downes if he was utilised properly.
Obafemi looks like a disaster. Walsh looks way short.
Patterson is good if you limit your observations to 'match of the day' highlights.
When he was on fire Celina was a stunning player.

Both Obafemi and Walsh can be excellent players for Swansea. Neither have had a good run at it. Obafemi worked the Southampton defence hard. Hard enough to get their player sent off and put Swansea in a winning position. It not just about skinning defender and scoring.

I read comments about Cullen and fans are not impressed at all. At the same time Michael Appelton respected coach and manager sings his praises.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 17:49]

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 18:25 - Jan 12 with 1564 viewsshingle

But Potter had more windows to spend, so your amount spent should be taken with a pinch of salt, no doubt Martin will soon catch up, so anymore of these unreasonable statistics and i will set Napoleon aka the Chief on you.
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 18:34 - Jan 12 with 1536 viewsChief

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 18:25 - Jan 12 by shingle

But Potter had more windows to spend, so your amount spent should be taken with a pinch of salt, no doubt Martin will soon catch up, so anymore of these unreasonable statistics and i will set Napoleon aka the Chief on you.

I'll open the popcorn....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 18:41 - Jan 12 with 1520 viewsBillyChong

Woods didn’t sign though, pointless inclusion
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 18:48 - Jan 12 with 1493 viewsjasper_T

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 16:47 - Jan 12 by vetchonian

Potter spent what £6M, Martin before this window spent £5M
What return did we see on these investments?
Poeet fininshed 10th we will at best fininsh upper midtable this season yet how much did Cooper spend ....what return form that in terms of the money earned from the Play off final and the additional revenue from the play off semifinals for two seasons?

Cooper had £4m a year in Andre Ayew's wages.
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 19:30 - Jan 12 with 1389 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 18:48 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

Cooper had £4m a year in Andre Ayew's wages.

but not his choice was it and in fairness he got a return out of him. .we got within touching distance of the PL which would have pleased the owners and what money did we get from the final?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 20:30 - Jan 12 with 1276 viewsAndyCole

Res c'mon play fair.

Martin didn't bring in Piroe, our stand out best player (well, 2nd best after Capt Grimesy). Piroe isn't a Martin type player as witnessed when he ditched him early doors.

Piroe is a Cooper signing, and no doubt will pining for a Cooperball set-up a la Forest's exciting brand of pace, directness and getting balls into the CF. Pretty sure Piroe's dad is thinking the same, and beyond.....

Re Laird - totally out of the blue for all, gutting. We'll now struggle to attract top quality signings, even on loan given our precarious position and regression.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 20:42 - Jan 12 with 1250 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 20:30 - Jan 12 by AndyCole

Res c'mon play fair.

Martin didn't bring in Piroe, our stand out best player (well, 2nd best after Capt Grimesy). Piroe isn't a Martin type player as witnessed when he ditched him early doors.

Piroe is a Cooper signing, and no doubt will pining for a Cooperball set-up a la Forest's exciting brand of pace, directness and getting balls into the CF. Pretty sure Piroe's dad is thinking the same, and beyond.....

Re Laird - totally out of the blue for all, gutting. We'll now struggle to attract top quality signings, even on loan given our precarious position and regression.

Cooper is history. Brendan and Potter are going great guns and Martinez is challenging for the World cup and running Belgian football. Bendan walked Potter walked and Cooper walked. Swansea employ good managers. Cooper is a good manager.

I used the phrase 'Martins TEAM' including Scott. Piroe was not ditched at all. His debut was simply delayed.

Potter only had one window. No one came in the January window.. He wanted the player Ryan Woods and sulked after the US owners rightly vetoed the signing. They were right Potter was wrong. £7m for Woods would have been day light robbery. He is now free transfer fodder.

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 20:46 - Jan 12 with 1243 viewsgrabsplatter

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 20:30 - Jan 12 by AndyCole

Res c'mon play fair.

Martin didn't bring in Joseph or Walsh either
Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 21:00 - Jan 12 with 1215 viewsAndyCole

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 20:42 - Jan 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper is history. Brendan and Potter are going great guns and Martinez is challenging for the World cup and running Belgian football. Bendan walked Potter walked and Cooper walked. Swansea employ good managers. Cooper is a good manager.

I used the phrase 'Martins TEAM' including Scott. Piroe was not ditched at all. His debut was simply delayed.

Potter only had one window. No one came in the January window.. He wanted the player Ryan Woods and sulked after the US owners rightly vetoed the signing. They were right Potter was wrong. £7m for Woods would have been day light robbery. He is now free transfer fodder.

It's been reliably captured on here that Martin 'didn't fancy Piroe, at all' he 'wasn't clever enough' to get the very complicated Martin Model. He was unceremoniously ditched, mun. Stripped him of his #9 jersey - and gave it to Obafemi. This is fact.

This was the start of the mis-management. But fair play they both turned it around, especially the humble Piroe.

Scott was simply the recruitment bloke who happened to be here. Sourced, pursued and acquired by Cooper.

Back on topic - Laird's replacement, the Manc City option seems a dead cert, do you think ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 21:09 - Jan 12 with 1200 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin confirms Ethan Laird replacement is on his way on 21:00 - Jan 12 by AndyCole

It's been reliably captured on here that Martin 'didn't fancy Piroe, at all' he 'wasn't clever enough' to get the very complicated Martin Model. He was unceremoniously ditched, mun. Stripped him of his #9 jersey - and gave it to Obafemi. This is fact.

This was the start of the mis-management. But fair play they both turned it around, especially the humble Piroe.

Scott was simply the recruitment bloke who happened to be here. Sourced, pursued and acquired by Cooper.

Back on topic - Laird's replacement, the Manc City option seems a dead cert, do you think ?

At least someone from there ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024