Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? 14:41 - Jan 12 with 5280 viewsTimSaint

Having now seen him live, I must say, I wasn't impressed and don't get all the hype surrounding him.

I'm sure he can be good on his day, but I thought he, like the rest of the Brentford team, were made to look very poor by us last night.

He totally miscued and didn't even connect with his only chance in the first half last night, got booked, dived around a bit, had a poor first touch many times, took a poor quick free kick, got frustrated, gave away a stupid free kick that could have earned him a 2nd yellow and finally had an actual shot near the end of the 2nd half.

I'm sure many strikers have such off days, but perhaps Brentford should have played us in December when Toney still had Covid !!

Also Brentford are THE team when it comes to stealing yardage with throw ins !! Some they took last night were 3 of those grass strips further up the pitch than where the ball went off - that is 18 yards FFS !!
When the fan in the front row of the Itchen acrobatically kicked the ball, the resulting throw in was taken so far away from him it was ridiculous !!

Oh well, never mind, we won and at least the ref let the game flow most of the time.

TimSaint

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 17:20 - Jan 13 with 925 viewsdirk_doone

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 17:19 - Jan 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

and what have you achieved at your 'natural level'?

[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 17:19]

Being better than you, which is why you are so obsessed with us.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 17:21 - Jan 13 with 919 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 17:20 - Jan 13 by dirk_doone

Being better than you, which is why you are so obsessed with us.

Doesn't being better, mean achieving more?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 17:23 - Jan 13 with 905 views1ASIN12

I guess this loon will claim that Toney was born in Portsmouth boundaries and a life long Pompey fan .
Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 19:16 - Jan 13 with 848 viewsDENZY

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 17:23 - Jan 13 by 1ASIN12

I guess this loon will claim that Toney was born in Portsmouth boundaries and a life long Pompey fan .

Born in Northampton, so he's well within the Portsmyth catchment area boundaries.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 19:30 - Jan 13 with 836 viewsButty101

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 16:06 - Jan 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

How much are real trophies worth?

Journey man Toneys right leg is worth more than your entire club. Thats got to hurt a bit.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 20:39 - Jan 13 with 780 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 19:30 - Jan 13 by Butty101

Journey man Toneys right leg is worth more than your entire club. Thats got to hurt a bit.

Just one our championship trophies is worth far more than your club in totality ie history, trophies, money made, maney spent etc. Ooooh, that's got to hurt.

How much is a leg worth on it's own? is it connected to a pumping heart at least?

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 20:47 - Jan 13 with 772 viewsdirk_doone

A 72-year-old Footbll League trophy. I doubt you'd get quoted more than than £50,000 for it even if you took it along to Antiques Roadshow.

Anyway, getting back to the real world of the living, what is Little Pompey's highest ever Premier League finish? What is your biggest ever Premier League home attendance and what is your biggest home attendance this century? If you are afraid to answer those questions, we'll know that you are dying of embarrassment AGAIN. You really do ask for it.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 20:52]

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 23:13 - Jan 13 with 717 viewsButty101

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 20:39 - Jan 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Just one our championship trophies is worth far more than your club in totality ie history, trophies, money made, maney spent etc. Ooooh, that's got to hurt.

How much is a leg worth on it's own? is it connected to a pumping heart at least?

The squad,the old girl and a rusty trophy is worth less than one of Toneys septic pegs .

I can tell it hurts as you have defaulted to going way back in history before any of us were born. OUCH.

When is the renascence going to start? I thought when you guys sold out to the first clown that came along, you were going to be the south’s premier club! Instead you lag in 5th and are closer to Eastleigh! I wonder if the fans ever regret selling out ?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 23:14]

Login to get fewer ads

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 07:38 - Jan 14 with 667 views1teeminants

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 17:21 - Jan 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Doesn't being better, mean achieving more?

Portsmouth Football Club

A complete irrelevance in the footballing world in my lifetime.

Couldn’t give a monkeys what happened before I was born.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 11:52 - Jan 14 with 609 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 23:13 - Jan 13 by Butty101

The squad,the old girl and a rusty trophy is worth less than one of Toneys septic pegs .

I can tell it hurts as you have defaulted to going way back in history before any of us were born. OUCH.

When is the renascence going to start? I thought when you guys sold out to the first clown that came along, you were going to be the south’s premier club! Instead you lag in 5th and are closer to Eastleigh! I wonder if the fans ever regret selling out ?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 23:14]

Only those clubs with little history ; go on about how unimportant history is . FACT

In real terms

Pre-war : Pompey has the attendances and the trophy
POst-war : Pompey has the attendances and the trophies
Post Millenium ; Soton has the attendances, Pompey has the trophy

1 out of 6 aint bad though

OUCH

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:01 - Jan 14 with 592 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 20:47 - Jan 13 by dirk_doone

A 72-year-old Footbll League trophy. I doubt you'd get quoted more than than £50,000 for it even if you took it along to Antiques Roadshow.

Anyway, getting back to the real world of the living, what is Little Pompey's highest ever Premier League finish? What is your biggest ever Premier League home attendance and what is your biggest home attendance this century? If you are afraid to answer those questions, we'll know that you are dying of embarrassment AGAIN. You really do ask for it.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 20:52]

Dirk Doone, the master of not answering questions.

The fact is that you have even missed the point of this thread.

Toney might not show up brilliantly against the top 6 (apart from assists), but he shows up against the 'bigger' clubs

Bigger clubs being : Newcastle, Everton, Villa. and there's a few other bigger clubs than Soton in the top league ie Leeds, West Ham, Leicester.

Trophies are timeless, and exist in record books, and can't be stolen, unlike your singular trophy in your trophy cabinet with it's samurai sword for company

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:02 - Jan 14 with 591 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 07:38 - Jan 14 by 1teeminants

Portsmouth Football Club

A complete irrelevance in the footballing world in my lifetime.

Couldn’t give a monkeys what happened before I was born.

We have achieved more this millenium than in your entire history

Are you under 20?

OUCH

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:07 - Jan 14 with 587 viewsdirk_doone

Why are you so afraid to answer these questions, 130?

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:12 - Jan 14 with 575 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:07 - Jan 14 by dirk_doone

"and BTW - when did Pompey last lose in the league? You obviously don't need to look it up, as you must already know the answer"

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:15 - Jan 14 with 569 viewsPaleRider

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:07 - Jan 14 by dirk_doone

Because he's like Boris - just without the intelligence or even the charm.

What are the Symptoms of Asperger’s Syndrome?
Children with Asperger’s Syndrome exhibit poor social interactions, obsessions, odd speech patterns, limited facial expressions and other peculiar mannerisms. They might engage in obsessive routines and show an unusual sensitivity to sensory stimuli.

While all children with Asperger’s Syndrome are different, what sets them apart are their unusual social skills and obsessive interests. For a child with Asperger’s Syndrome, you may see one or more of the following symptoms:

Inappropriate or minimal social interactions
Conversations that almost always revolve around themselves or a certain topic, rather than others
Not understanding emotions well or having less facial expression than others
Speech that sounds unusual, such as flat, high-pitched, quiet, loud, or robotic
Not using or understanding nonverbal communication, such as gestures, body language and facial expression
An intense obsession with one or two specific, narrow subjects
Becoming upset at any small changes in routines
Memorizing preferred information and facts easily
Clumsy, uncoordinated movements, including difficulty with handwriting
Difficulty managing emotions, sometimes leading to verbal or behavioural outbursts, self-injurious behaviours or tantrums
Not understanding other peoples’ feelings or perspectives
Hypersensitivity to lights, sounds and textures
Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:15 - Jan 14 with 569 viewsdirk_doone

You are so afraid of the truth about how small Little Pompey is now, aren't you?

Not even in the top six in the third tier. Not even in the top six average home attendances in the third tier. That's how small you are.

And as for all-time, this gap is growing bigger every year:

https://www.nufc.com/html/2018-19html/attendance-all-time.html
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 12:19]

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:20 - Jan 14 with 561 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:15 - Jan 14 by PaleRider

Because he's like Boris - just without the intelligence or even the charm.

What are the Symptoms of Asperger’s Syndrome?
Children with Asperger’s Syndrome exhibit poor social interactions, obsessions, odd speech patterns, limited facial expressions and other peculiar mannerisms. They might engage in obsessive routines and show an unusual sensitivity to sensory stimuli.

While all children with Asperger’s Syndrome are different, what sets them apart are their unusual social skills and obsessive interests. For a child with Asperger’s Syndrome, you may see one or more of the following symptoms:

Inappropriate or minimal social interactions
Conversations that almost always revolve around themselves or a certain topic, rather than others
Not understanding emotions well or having less facial expression than others
Speech that sounds unusual, such as flat, high-pitched, quiet, loud, or robotic
Not using or understanding nonverbal communication, such as gestures, body language and facial expression
An intense obsession with one or two specific, narrow subjects
Becoming upset at any small changes in routines
Memorizing preferred information and facts easily
Clumsy, uncoordinated movements, including difficulty with handwriting
Difficulty managing emotions, sometimes leading to verbal or behavioural outbursts, self-injurious behaviours or tantrums
Not understanding other peoples’ feelings or perspectives
Hypersensitivity to lights, sounds and textures

If I am untilligent as you suggest, that must mean that your whole town are pretty thick to be honest

I always win the arguments on here, but I can't believe your town are full of thickies

You've not really thougtht your argument through have you? Perhaps you have had a bad day, or are suffering from some kind of condition?

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:20 - Jan 14 with 561 viewsTimSaint

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 16:35 - Jan 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Oh dear, was it mid October?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 16:35]

Mid October ?

Wow, you must be in a play off spot, challenging for one of the automatic spots, if your run is that impressive ?

I seem to remember you getting stuffed 4-1 by Rotherham and 4-0 at home to Ipswich in Mid October !!

I guess your run must have started after that then ?

The real reason you are unbeaten from Accrington away on 23rd October, spanning a whopping 10 games, is because you haven't played many games. In December you played 2 league games, when others played as many as 6 and you have only played 1 league game so far this year !!

So, the reality is, despite your 'impressive' run, you are still way off the pace in the league and are rather embarrassingly behind the likes of little Rotherham, Wycombe, Oxford and MKD !!

As for Toney turning up against the big boys, he has played against you 8 times. He finally managed to score 1 home and 1 away against you in the 19-20 season, so that must have been when you were the 'massive' team of League 1 !! :-)

TimSaint

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:21 - Jan 14 with 558 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:15 - Jan 14 by dirk_doone

You are so afraid of the truth about how small Little Pompey is now, aren't you?

Not even in the top six in the third tier. Not even in the top six average home attendances in the third tier. That's how small you are.

And as for all-time, this gap is growing bigger every year:

https://www.nufc.com/html/2018-19html/attendance-all-time.html
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 12:19]

I think this is the chap with the condition

I thought this thread was about Ivan Toney

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:23 - Jan 14 with 555 viewsPaleRider

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:20 - Jan 14 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

If I am untilligent as you suggest, that must mean that your whole town are pretty thick to be honest

I always win the arguments on here, but I can't believe your town are full of thickies

You've not really thougtht your argument through have you? Perhaps you have had a bad day, or are suffering from some kind of condition?

Not having a bad day - just stating facts! Shame you just had to resort to insults. when confronted with facts.

Also I'm not "untilligent" - whatever that means!
Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:24 - Jan 14 with 549 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:20 - Jan 14 by TimSaint

Mid October ?

Wow, you must be in a play off spot, challenging for one of the automatic spots, if your run is that impressive ?

I seem to remember you getting stuffed 4-1 by Rotherham and 4-0 at home to Ipswich in Mid October !!

I guess your run must have started after that then ?

The real reason you are unbeaten from Accrington away on 23rd October, spanning a whopping 10 games, is because you haven't played many games. In December you played 2 league games, when others played as many as 6 and you have only played 1 league game so far this year !!

So, the reality is, despite your 'impressive' run, you are still way off the pace in the league and are rather embarrassingly behind the likes of little Rotherham, Wycombe, Oxford and MKD !!

As for Toney turning up against the big boys, he has played against you 8 times. He finally managed to score 1 home and 1 away against you in the 19-20 season, so that must have been when you were the 'massive' team of League 1 !! :-)

I think you must be one of the most intelligent posters on here.

Mind you, 10 games is quite impressive, so you seemed to have missed that little point.

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:27 - Jan 14 with 545 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:23 - Jan 14 by PaleRider

Not having a bad day - just stating facts! Shame you just had to resort to insults. when confronted with facts.

Also I'm not "untilligent" - whatever that means!

Think you handed out the insults first, or did you forget that?

I just suggested that you haven't thought through your argument. You seem to be easily offended, what a shame.

Yes. I have a sticky pad sometimes. Well spotted.

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:28 - Jan 14 with 546 viewsButty101

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 11:52 - Jan 14 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Only those clubs with little history ; go on about how unimportant history is . FACT

In real terms

Pre-war : Pompey has the attendances and the trophy
POst-war : Pompey has the attendances and the trophies
Post Millenium ; Soton has the attendances, Pompey has the trophy

1 out of 6 aint bad though

OUCH

So why did the fans sell out at the first opportunity? I thought you guys liked being the 3rd or 4th biggest community club.

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:29 - Jan 14 with 546 viewsdirk_doone

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:24 - Jan 14 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think you must be one of the most intelligent posters on here.

Mind you, 10 games is quite impressive, so you seemed to have missed that little point.

N/T
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 12:31]

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:35 - Jan 14 with 536 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ivan Toney - Why All The Hype ? on 12:28 - Jan 14 by Butty101

So why did the fans sell out at the first opportunity? I thought you guys liked being the 3rd or 4th biggest community club.

Good question. We were the biggest in England, 2nd biggest in the UK

Looks like it's going to take an age

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024