Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most overated sports person 10:25 - Jan 28 with 2793 viewsonehunglow

Beckham
Fury
Hick

All very good in their era BUT

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Most overated sports person on 11:11 - Jan 28 with 1889 viewstrampie

David Beckham and Mike Brearley.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Most overated sports person on 11:16 - Jan 28 with 1879 viewsCountyJim

Most overated sports person on 11:11 - Jan 28 by trampie

Brearley in his defence wasn't picked for his batting he was just a brilliant captain ask those under him
Most overated sports person on 11:18 - Jan 28 with 1877 viewsonehunglow

Most overated sports person on 11:11 - Jan 28 by trampie

We agree.
Brears did speak well though and was a very astute Middlesex captain.

Most overated sports person on 11:37 - Jan 28 with 1859 viewshectorshouse

Frank Bruno
Owen Farrell
Michael Owen
Most overated sports person on 11:50 - Jan 28 with 1846 viewsCatullus

Most overated sports person on 11:37 - Jan 28 by hectorshouse

Frank Bruno
Owen Farrell
Michael Owen

I used to watch Hectors House as a kid!

I agree about Bruno and Owen but Farrell was good!

Beckham for me, was way over rated. he was good but he was no Paul Scholes!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Most overated sports person on 11:57 - Jan 28 with 1841 viewspencoedjack

Beckham?

Played for the biggest clubs & signed by the best managers in the world.

Won

6X PL titles
1X Champions league
2X FA cup
1X La liga
1X Spanish cup
1X French championship.

Guess it was the other 10 players & Beckham had nothing to do with it, just signed for shirt sales.
Most overated sports person on 11:58 - Jan 28 with 1841 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Owen wasn’t overrated when he was young, he was one of the most deadly strikers in the world, but once injuries hit and his professionalism waned he was as good as useless and his big money moves later in his career were baffling.
Most overated sports person on 12:07 - Jan 28 with 1826 viewsCatullus

Most overated sports person on 11:57 - Jan 28 by pencoedjack

Beckham?

Won

6X PL titles
1X Champions league
2X FA cup
1X La liga
1X Spanish cup
1X French championship.

Guess it was the other 10 players & Beckham had nothing to do with it, just signed for shirt sales.

Like I said, he was good but not as good as all that. Given the choice I would personally have preferred Scholes and when we're talking about Captains I would say that Bryan Robson was head and shoulders above Beckham.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Most overated sports person on 12:17 - Jan 28 with 1815 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Most overated sports person on 12:07 - Jan 28 by Catullus

Like I said, he was good but not as good as all that. Given the choice I would personally have preferred Scholes and when we're talking about Captains I would say that Bryan Robson was head and shoulders above Beckham.

Scholes was brilliant and would be towards the top of any underrated list. He’s probably the best English midfielder of the last 30 years.

Beckham was overhyped because of his dashing looks and celebrity lifestyle but as a player I wouldn’t say he necessarily was overrated or underrated. He was never really mentioned in the same breath as the greats of his day but everyone respected him for being a very good player, which he undoubtedly was.
Most overated sports person on 12:20 - Jan 28 with 1815 viewsRobbie

Read somewhere that Mike Brearley allowed Ian Botham free rein in his game , therefore Beefy became one of the best all rounders of that generation under his captaincy .
Most overated sports person on 12:28 - Jan 28 with 1809 viewsCatullus

Most overated sports person on 11:58 - Jan 28 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Owen wasn’t overrated when he was young, he was one of the most deadly strikers in the world, but once injuries hit and his professionalism waned he was as good as useless and his big money moves later in his career were baffling.

Didn't he cause his own problems by trying to bulk up which caused a lot of hamstring issues? He was a very good striker but he relied a lot on pace, once that went, he went! As happens to many.

Most overated sports person on 12:47 - Jan 28 with 1791 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Put a Swans shirt on him.....Renato Sanchez.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Most overated sports person on 14:03 - Jan 28 with 1752 viewsshingle

Jack Dempsey.
Most overated sports person on 14:07 - Jan 28 with 1745 viewsonehunglow

Most overated sports person on 14:03 - Jan 28 by shingle

Jack Dempsey.

Jack described himself as being "pretty good" but the Press made him a great.
Humility like that made him the first Boxing Superstar and remains a legend on whom Mike Tyson based his style .

Most overated sports person on 15:01 - Jan 28 with 1721 viewsGixerJack

That tennis player Emma radar…… whatever her name is, she flunked a tournament and suddenly she’s the mutts

Johnathan Davies….. if it wasn’t for me making him look good during a schools trial nobody would have noticed him. 😂🤣😂 (for the sake of clarity that’s not true)
Most overated sports person on 18:26 - Jan 28 with 1682 viewsshingle

Most overated sports person on 14:07 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

Jack described himself as being "pretty good" but the Press made him a great.
Humility like that made him the first Boxing Superstar and remains a legend on whom Mike Tyson based his style .

What you going on about i am talking about the Rugby player who plays in the back row for Glasgow Warriors, how he he gets into the team is beyond belief.
Most overated sports person on 19:27 - Jan 28 with 1654 viewsbritferry

Most overated sports person on 11:57 - Jan 28 by pencoedjack

Beckham?

Won

6X PL titles
1X Champions league
2X FA cup
1X La liga
1X Spanish cup
1X French championship.

He most probably made more for the clubs in shirt sales than he earned in wages.

Top of the over-rated players ever for me, remember this cringe moment

he had superglue holding his wig on that night

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Most overated sports person on 20:33 - Jan 28 with 1628 viewsjojaca

Most overated sports person on 19:27 - Jan 28 by britferry

He most probably made more for the clubs in shirt sales than he earned in wages.

Anthony Joshua

Even when you know, you never know?

Most overated sports person on 21:09 - Jan 28 with 1602 viewsshingle

Most overated sports person on 20:33 - Jan 28 by jojaca

Anthony Joshua

Good call 5 of his last nine fights have been against middle aged men and he has lost 2 of the other 4 against fighters who were not passed there sell by dates.
Most overated sports person on 21:18 - Jan 28 with 1594 viewsCountyJim

Most overated sports person on 11:37 - Jan 28 by hectorshouse

Frank Bruno
Owen Farrell
Michael Owen

Frank was always good entertainment Wheres Arry!
Most overated sports person on 21:23 - Jan 28 with 1593 viewsWingstandwood

Most overated sports person on 19:27 - Jan 28 by britferry

Aye, then there was the world cup when as a non-player he became England's cheerleader come official waistcoat wearing mannequin. He did not do anything , but liked nothing more than sitting on an empty England bench both before and after the game so he could become centerstage himself. His wife taught him a lot I guess?

You know? His attention seeking wife who walked out of the Paris Ritz Hotel into an ensemble of the worlds press/media covering the Diana death inquest, that was some coincidence hey!
https://www.express.co.uk/dianainquest/21501/Posh-the-gatecrasher

I guess there was never enough attention for those two, indulged by press and media way more than that they both deserved.

Argus!

Most overated sports person on 21:58 - Jan 28 with 1571 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Beckham?

I hope you're simply trying to wind a few people up on a Friday evening, my friend.

I dislike his public persona as much as most, but you cannot let that cloud your judgement of his ability on a football pitch. He was one of the greatest players of his generation, is widely thought to have been robbed of the Balon d'Or and I honestly doubt I'll see a wide midfielder as talented as him again in my lifetime.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Most overated sports person on 22:10 - Jan 28 with 1562 viewsraynor94

Most overated sports person on 12:07 - Jan 28 by Catullus

Stop digging mun, Pencoed's post was absolutely spot on, yes Scholes was a more skillful player, but to dismiss Beckham as overatted is ludicrous.

Who can ever forget his free kick against Greece to take England to Korea

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Most overated sports person on 22:29 - Jan 28 with 1542 viewsBest_loser

Senna
Most overated sports person on 22:42 - Jan 28 with 1524 viewsbritferry

Most overated sports person on 21:58 - Jan 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Beckham?

I hope you're simply trying to wind a few people up on a Friday evening, my friend.

I dislike his public persona as much as most, but you cannot let that cloud your judgement of his ability on a football pitch. He was one of the greatest players of his generation, is widely thought to have been robbed of the Balon d'Or and I honestly doubt I'll see a wide midfielder as talented as him again in my lifetime.

have you got Becks jim-jams?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024