Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph 15:05 - Feb 3 with 1994 viewssaints__fan__73

May annoy the 'Cup should be our priority' mob...

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-02-03/preview-ralph-hasenhuttl-southampt

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 15:10 - Feb 3 with 1986 viewsdirk_doone

The important thing is that any of our best players not in the starting lineup are on the bench so they can be brought on if necessary.

It's pretty obvious that at this stage of the season, the FA Cup becomes the priority for a mid-table team like Saints.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 15:13 - Feb 3 with 1984 viewssaints__fan__73

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 15:10 - Feb 3 by dirk_doone

The important thing is that any of our best players not in the starting lineup are on the bench so they can be brought on if necessary.

It's pretty obvious that at this stage of the season, the FA Cup becomes the priority for a mid-table team like Saints.

Do you think? I would assume the No 1 priority is still to avoid relegation. Newcastle aint going down so we are effectively 9 points clear of the zone which is good but I'm sure the club aren't thinking job done yet.

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 15:23 - Feb 3 with 1971 viewsdirk_doone

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 15:13 - Feb 3 by saints__fan__73

Do you think? I would assume the No 1 priority is still to avoid relegation. Newcastle aint going down so we are effectively 9 points clear of the zone which is good but I'm sure the club aren't thinking job done yet.

We are 28/1 ninth favourites to be relegated so it's unlikely. Mind you, we are 35/1 tenth favourites to win the FA Cup so that's slightly less likely.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 15:34 - Feb 3 with 1951 viewssaints__fan__73

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 15:23 - Feb 3 by dirk_doone

We are 28/1 ninth favourites to be relegated so it's unlikely. Mind you, we are 35/1 tenth favourites to win the FA Cup so that's slightly less likely.

True but being knocked out of the FA Cup is no big deal to the club but being knocked out of the PL would be which is why we will be fielding a weakened side in the Cup but a full strength one for the two PL games we have little chance of getting any points from.

Modern football, innit?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 16:10 - Feb 3 with 1905 viewsA1079

Coventry City will go for it roared on by good away support - why wouldn't they? So if we are half hearted at all in terms of our team selection or commitment to the game then we will be out. Personally as fan/supporter I would love to see us get to a final and that we should go for it, but from a business point of view most owners and managers of a PL club see their first priority as being to stay in the PL come what may. Newcastle have no cup distraction now (despite the supposed fury of being knocked out by Cambridge I suspect Howe was quietly pleased - it will be forgotten if they stay up) and a strengthened side.

I don't (as I have said often) subscribe to the view we are safe from relegation..............until we are safe from relegation.
Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 17:39 - Feb 3 with 1835 viewsSaintsforeverj

I love the cups and would love to see Saints get to another final. So I hope we put out a strong enough team to get through. But we have two tough games next week, Spurs and Man U away, so I can understand the need to keep players fresh.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 18:21 - Feb 3 with 1790 viewsSadoldgit

I’d rather he put out a very strong team at the start and use some youngsters once the game is safe. Perhaps start with Small though.
Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 19:41 - Feb 3 with 1726 viewshedgeend61

Cov are only a few points off a play-off place and play next Tuesday, so doubtful if they'll put out their best 11 tbh.
Championship clubs near the top/bottom of the league don't really take the Cup seriously either these days, bigger fish I guess
Even if we rest a few, we should be too strong.

I'd play our strongest 11 Saturday and rest a few against Spurs, they're not much cop and we've no chance of being relegated.
Login to get fewer ads

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 21:35 - Feb 3 with 1607 viewssaintwizzler

Play your strongest team available and worry about the consequences later.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 20:05 - Feb 4 with 1336 viewskernow

Should be a proper, full on Cup tie.
Unfortunately can't be there to see.
Is it being televised?
Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 21:50 - Feb 4 with 1266 viewsButty101

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 21:35 - Feb 3 by saintwizzler

Play your strongest team available and worry about the consequences later.

Boro are showing don’t mess about with the line up.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 22:54 - Feb 4 with 1225 viewsButty101

Ahah ahaha bye bye United

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 22:56 - Feb 4 with 1222 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 22:54 - Feb 4 by Butty101

Ahah ahaha bye bye United

Yes ha ha. United out after spending half a billion. Oh dear Ronaldo - misses a penalty in the game and United are out ha ha ha. Oh well, Ronaldo and and co.will still pick up their half a million a week.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 22:57]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 00:11 - Feb 5 with 1164 viewscocklebreath

He’ll play his strongest team, Ralph loves the cup. Que sera sera…..

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 14:04 - Feb 5 with 929 viewssaintwizzler

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 00:11 - Feb 5 by cocklebreath

He’ll play his strongest team, Ralph loves the cup. Que sera sera…..

Then again…

I hope that team is strong enough Ralph.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 22:12 - Feb 5 with 780 viewscocklebreath

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 14:04 - Feb 5 by saintwizzler

Then again…

I hope that team is strong enough Ralph.

When I saw the team I knew it was going to be hard work, not sure why he made so many changes, another weird Ralph moment

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 22:18 - Feb 5 with 767 viewsMytchettSaint

Lots of changes for Coventry game according to Ralph on 22:12 - Feb 5 by cocklebreath

When I saw the team I knew it was going to be hard work, not sure why he made so many changes, another weird Ralph moment

They’d had two weeks off. Why he felt the need to do that is puzzling.

Some of those players are going into Wednesdays game with 120 minutes in their legs.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024