Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our win against Spurs 15:14 - Feb 13 with 1656 viewskingslandstand1

So was it that much of a surprise? I see Wolves were 2 up after 20 mins or so and still going strong

Tongue in cheek comment but great to see how well the Superstar new manager is doing. I wonder what he would be doing now if Man U had actually got in there first
Our win against Spurs on 15:36 - Feb 13 with 1625 viewsSaintsforeverj

It just goes to show and proves really that the whole set up of the club, player power and ownership affects results. Kane has been dreadful since he went on strike, a bit like when Ings started sulking for his move. Managers aren't Angels from the heavens to produce miracles. They can only do what they can do, even if your name is Conte, Mourinho, OGS, Hodgson etc.

Even the title winning Conte, can't overcome the problems that Spurs face. The stuff in the background overpowers any manager.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 15:40]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Our win against Spurs on 15:48 - Feb 13 with 1583 viewskingslandstand1

Our win against Spurs on 15:36 - Feb 13 by Saintsforeverj

It just goes to show and proves really that the whole set up of the club, player power and ownership affects results. Kane has been dreadful since he went on strike, a bit like when Ings started sulking for his move. Managers aren't Angels from the heavens to produce miracles. They can only do what they can do, even if your name is Conte, Mourinho, OGS, Hodgson etc.

Even the title winning Conte, can't overcome the problems that Spurs face. The stuff in the background overpowers any manager.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 15:40]

But at least Levy bought them (well Joe Lewis) a nice shiny new stadium to watch NFL in
Our win against Spurs on 15:56 - Feb 13 with 1569 viewsHeisenberg

Another loss at home. Conte won’t be able to cope with much more.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Our win against Spurs on 16:15 - Feb 13 with 1540 viewsBicester_North

Only Chelsea and Man U had beat them at home in the league prior to us winning there

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Our win against Spurs on 17:54 - Feb 13 with 1421 viewsdirk_doone

Our win against Spurs on 16:15 - Feb 13 by Bicester_North

Only Chelsea and Man U had beat them at home in the league prior to us winning there

Wolves are a very good side: our nemesis this season. They could well clinch a European place.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Our win against Spurs on 18:28 - Feb 13 with 1372 views1885_SFC

Leicester concede - two minutes after Vestergaard comes on as a late sub.

Old School is Cool

Our win against Spurs on 19:12 - Feb 13 with 1327 viewsdirk_doone

Our win against Spurs on 18:28 - Feb 13 by 1885_SFC

It was a masterstroke to sabotage Leicester by selling them Vestergaard so that we could climb above them in the league.

Leicester fans really hate him more than they've ever hated any player, even from opposing teams:

"I'm an old man. I've been here for six decades. I've seen so many things. I've learned not to "hate" for so many reasons.

I hate Vestergaard."

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/126561-vestergaard-signs/page/72/#comments
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 19:32]

Our win against Spurs on 21:20 - Feb 13 with 1236 viewskingslandstand1

Our win against Spurs on 19:12 - Feb 13 by dirk_doone

It was a masterstroke to sabotage Leicester by selling them Vestergaard so that we could climb above them in the league.

Leicester fans really hate him more than they've ever hated any player, even from opposing teams:

"I'm an old man. I've been here for six decades. I've seen so many things. I've learned not to "hate" for so many reasons.

I hate Vestergaard."

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/126561-vestergaard-signs/page/72/#comments
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 19:32]

"On match of the day they said Southampton under current manager have built a squad by spending £20 million and we provided 3/4 of that by paying £15 million for him :(. Seems we have the wrong manager too"

Login to get fewer ads

Our win against Spurs on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 1226 viewskingslandstand1

Just reading that Foxes site, I thought I'd heard some booing when he came on but wasn't sure what that was all about, but their site confirms they booing was for him! Now no matter what you think, what does that tell you about their fans
Our win against Spurs on 21:41 - Feb 13 with 1214 viewsSaintNick

Our win against Spurs on 21:32 - Feb 13 by kingslandstand1

Just reading that Foxes site, I thought I'd heard some booing when he came on but wasn't sure what that was all about, but their site confirms they booing was for him! Now no matter what you think, what does that tell you about their fans

Reminds me of when we bought a keeper from Wolves whom we had put 9 past, they put 9 past us and then sign two of the four members of the defence that night

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Our win against Spurs on 21:46 - Feb 13 with 1210 viewsSonicBoom

Football is weird.
When Nuno was at spurs, he was blamed for the team being poor.
Now Conte is there, they blame the team as Conte is supposed to be a great manager.
If he's so great then surely he can sort them out. The press seem to suggest that either spurs give him a fortune or he will walk away in a huff.
What happened to coaching??
Our win against Spurs on 21:56 - Feb 13 with 1195 viewsSaintsforeverj

Our win against Spurs on 21:46 - Feb 13 by SonicBoom

Football is weird.
When Nuno was at spurs, he was blamed for the team being poor.
Now Conte is there, they blame the team as Conte is supposed to be a great manager.
If he's so great then surely he can sort them out. The press seem to suggest that either spurs give him a fortune or he will walk away in a huff.
What happened to coaching??

The problem is players being paid too much. The top players are so well paid now, that they just have to turn up. They have their contracts, so many of them just take the money. Kane has clearly downed tools, probably causing unrest and so on. The good managers are those doing a job on a shoe strong. That's proper coaching.The managers at the top clubs just have to try not to upset the petals or they won't play for them.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Our win against Spurs on 21:56 - Feb 13 with 1195 viewskingslandstand1

Our win against Spurs on 21:41 - Feb 13 by SaintNick

Reminds me of when we bought a keeper from Wolves whom we had put 9 past, they put 9 past us and then sign two of the four members of the defence that night

I thought it was only Dirk that could remember that far back '63 ish??
Our win against Spurs on 21:59 - Feb 13 with 1190 viewsSaintNick

Our win against Spurs on 21:56 - Feb 13 by kingslandstand1

I'm obviously too young to remember it, but I have read about it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Our win against Spurs on 23:13 - Feb 13 with 1118 viewsdirk_doone

Our win against Spurs on 21:56 - Feb 13 by kingslandstand1

I was in the Milton Road end, standing at the front wall as small boys did in those days, for the 9-3 game in 1965 and indeed remember it well. We scored 9 goals with half an hour left, and in spite of the constant chants of "We want ten" the tenth never came so we left feeling slightly disappointed.

Jim Maclaren was one of the worst goalkeepers we ever had. Alex McCarthy reminds me of him. They both had terrible positioning and so dived about spectacularly, slightly too late, either making goals that others would dive in time to save look impossible to save or making what would be routine saves for other goalkeepers look spectacular. MacLaren moved on to Worcester City, which was more his level.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 8:21]

Our win against Spurs on 13:22 - Feb 14 with 967 viewskingslandstand1

They're still having a love in with him - and Brenda is getting quite a bit of stick

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/126561-vestergaard-signs/page/76/#comments
Our win against Spurs on 14:27 - Feb 14 with 914 viewsI_would

You seemed quite happy with him when he was here now you're slagging him off with drivel.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Our win against Spurs on 14:57 - Feb 14 with 885 views1885_SFC

Our win against Spurs on 14:27 - Feb 14 by I_would

You seemed quite happy with him when he was here now you're slagging him off with drivel.

Nice try Mr Gormless. Never was a fan of Vestergaard and openly said so on several occasions.

Still, good to see you back on the very first day of half term (ironically).

Old School is Cool

Our win against Spurs on 15:48 - Feb 14 with 859 viewsI_would

Our win against Spurs on 14:57 - Feb 14 by 1885_SFC

Nice try Mr Gormless. Never was a fan of Vestergaard and openly said so on several occasions.

Still, good to see you back on the very first day of half term (ironically).

More drivel.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024