Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Rickie Lambert type ? 23:59 - Feb 13 with 1037 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Firstly - At the beginning of our 2021/22 season --  If any reasonable Saints Fan were given  .....a  likelihood of a top ten finish therefore being assured of another year in the Premiership after nearly two 3rd's of our season completed - I certainly - along with many others - would have been extremely happy. Well done to Ralph in putting together & fusing a high pressing attractive style TEAM .... the most thing that comes across to me  - is the workrate/DESIREto win. Having said that I still feel that a previous Saints hero of mine - a " Rickie Lambert " type forward - would be a brillient addition!We are good at getting in positive positions - but seem to waste many many chances , that our lads are creating ..... can you imagine what an improvement in our league position , if we could convert another percentage of those chances ?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

A Rickie Lambert type ? on 10:16 - Feb 14 with 851 viewsSonicBoom

I think we have that in Broja don't we? Gotta say he is a breath of fresh air. Our other forwards huff and puff, but Broja gets the ball, breezes past the defence and gets shots off.

OK he can be greedy but he wants to score and like to take responsibility. His finishing will also improve. I do think that with his reputation increasing with each game we are unlikely to have him much longer. Shame as he gives us a real threat against even the best defence.
A Rickie Lambert type ? on 10:39 - Feb 14 with 820 viewsSadoldgit

Broja is an excellent prospect but his finishing isn’t as good as Lambert at the moment. Once he finds some composure when in on goal then we can put him in that category. He is still learning his trade but had all the ability to get there.
A Rickie Lambert type ? on 14:08 - Feb 14 with 747 viewskingslandstand1

A Rickie Lambert type ? on 10:39 - Feb 14 by Sadoldgit

Broja is an excellent prospect but his finishing isn’t as good as Lambert at the moment. Once he finds some composure when in on goal then we can put him in that category. He is still learning his trade but had all the ability to get there.

But will he be here next season
A Rickie Lambert type ? on 14:41 - Feb 14 with 713 viewsSadoldgit

A Rickie Lambert type ? on 14:08 - Feb 14 by kingslandstand1

But will he be here next season

Maybe? Not sure his is quite at the Chelsea level yet so maybe we will get him on loan for another season?
A Rickie Lambert type ? on 15:59 - Feb 14 with 686 viewspjt50

Adams & Broja have got identical shot conversion rates in the PL this season of 20.7%. To put it into context that's the 10th best rate for any PL attacker.

Adam Armstrong lags way behind on 4.7%. He's getting away more shots than the other two but fewer are on target. Maybe it's because he seems prepared to have a go from anywhere. Whatever the reason it's not very good.

(source: Kickest)

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024