Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’ve been rumbled! 08:56 - Feb 17 with 2346 viewsSadoldgit

Whoops!
https://www.sporf.com/southampton-games-show-a-curious-pattern-of-injuries-occur
We’ve been rumbled! on 10:38 - Feb 17 with 2219 viewsdirk_doone

I see the writer, who also claimed that the Ted Bates statue might be taken down because of a paedophile connection, claims he lives in the 'Greater Portsmouth' area. Where have we heard that before?

Daniel Sheldon
Southampton FC reporter for The Athletic
Greater Portsmouth Area

Not an ideal person to be reporting on Saints.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

We’ve been rumbled! on 10:40 - Feb 17 with 2205 viewsSadoldgit

He’s not wrong though.
We’ve been rumbled! on 10:44 - Feb 17 with 2193 viewsdirk_doone

We’ve been rumbled! on 10:40 - Feb 17 by Sadoldgit

He’s not wrong though.

I guess he just wants to makes sure referees stop it and give Saints' opponents all the help he can. Fair enough.

[Post edited 17 Feb 2022 11:09]

We’ve been rumbled! on 10:49 - Feb 17 with 2172 viewsthissceptredsaint

As has been pointed out, we are doing nothing wrong or outside the rules so frankly tough titty
We’ve been rumbled! on 12:24 - Feb 17 with 2073 viewsJaySaint

We’ve been rumbled! on 10:44 - Feb 17 by dirk_doone

I guess he just wants to makes sure referees stop it and give Saints' opponents all the help he can. Fair enough.

[Post edited 17 Feb 2022 11:09]

It has been widely known for ages that we do this. And we are just average fans

I am certain our opponents clocked this before we did. I doubt the Athletic have given anything away

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

We’ve been rumbled! on 12:58 - Feb 17 with 2026 viewsTimSaint

Yes, as most have already said, we have been doing this for ages and I'm surprised it has taken so long for the media to latch onto it.

The thing is, it is nothing new. Teams have been taking tactical intervention breaks for years. If a team is really on top, then it is common that an opposition player will require the magic sponge treatment, just to break the play up a bit and give his team time to regroup.

Teams such as Wolves do similar things - but their tactics are mainly to feign injury in order to get opposition players booked, or more commonly, to waste time.

TimSaint

We’ve been rumbled! on 14:53 - Feb 17 with 1935 viewsPoirot

Dan Sheldon is clearly a nob head writing such stuff isnt welcome.
We’ve been rumbled! on 15:06 - Feb 17 with 1922 viewssaints__fan__73

We’ve been rumbled! on 14:53 - Feb 17 by Poirot

That's an unusual sentence. Quite reminiscent of a former poster on here though. I believe you to be the artist formerly known as UTS! :)

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

We’ve been rumbled! on 15:52 - Feb 17 with 1879 viewsBerber

Going to ground to grab a breather, take up time or break up the flow is nothing new to this club or any others. The fact that Broja is such a physical, confrontational player makes it easy for him to take a bump and spend a while to recover.

As pointed out elsewhere, some players are trying to get others carded or sent off, which really is despicable. The fact that Wolves are loaded with Portugese players would account for the activity probably (no racism intended here, haha) it is a routine part of the game in their home country.
We’ve been rumbled! on 16:46 - Feb 17 with 1799 viewskingslandstand1

What a thought provoking article!!!!!

So he's being paid to write an article that says we have a "plan" and it doesn't work as we've conceded more goals than scored at a certain time in the game. I'm sure Ralph will now completely rethink his game strategies for the future

Now is Ted Bates still standing in front of SMS or have the anti statue brigade pulled it down and thrown it in the River Itchen
We’ve been rumbled! on 16:56 - Feb 17 with 1781 viewsNewdawn2014

Wow ! who knew ?
We’ve been rumbled! on 17:17 - Feb 17 with 1760 viewsGeauxSaints

We’ve been rumbled! on 12:24 - Feb 17 by JaySaint

It has been widely known for ages that we do this. And we are just average fans

I am certain our opponents clocked this before we did. I doubt the Athletic have given anything away

Thiswas brought up on US EPL coverage a couple of months ago. If Higginbotham can figure it out it is pretty obvious.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/281001/4370090/
We’ve been rumbled! on 18:06 - Feb 17 with 1734 viewsdirk_doone

We’ve been rumbled! on 14:53 - Feb 17 by Poirot

Judging from his Facebook account (Dan Sheldon Portsmouth) , he's not long out of school in Waterlooville but his article has had the effect he wanted:

"Frank Lampard comments on controversial Southampton move with FA keeping tabs"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/frank-lampard-southampton-everton-t

His previous article caused a bit of a stir too:

https://theathletic.com/news/southampton-manager-ralph-hasenhuttl-to-consider-re
[Post edited 17 Feb 2022 18:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024