Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hughes 10:24 - Feb 24 with 1419 viewsMytchettSaint

New Bradford City manager….

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2022/february/mark-hughes-unveiled-as-new-c

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Mark Hughes on 10:27 - Feb 24 with 1412 viewsSonicBoom

To be fair they are used to disasters.....
Mark Hughes on 10:46 - Feb 24 with 1375 viewsdwayne_dibley

Mark Hughes on 10:27 - Feb 24 by SonicBoom

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Mark Hughes on 11:00 - Feb 24 with 1358 viewsPaleRider

"I am here for a reason: to make Bradford City a team people want to come and watch - and are proud to watch."

Deluded
Mark Hughes on 11:14 - Feb 24 with 1340 viewsSaintsforeverj

Good luck to him. I have no issues with Hughsie. He kept us up, just. He ordered his team off the coach when Swansea played mind games that evening with coach parking and hotel cancellations. He was focussed. The passion he showed when we beat Bournemouth was great to see too. We won in the snow at Wigan too. It all went downhill from there, but he was ok I thought.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Mark Hughes on 13:02 - Feb 24 with 1281 viewsSaintNick

Mark Hughes on 11:14 - Feb 24 by Saintsforeverj

Good luck to him. I have no issues with Hughsie. He kept us up, just. He ordered his team off the coach when Swansea played mind games that evening with coach parking and hotel cancellations. He was focussed. The passion he showed when we beat Bournemouth was great to see too. We won in the snow at Wigan too. It all went downhill from there, but he was ok I thought.

i wouldnt say he kept us up, more that Swansea went down the pan, he took over with 8 league games left, he lost 4 of them, drew 2 and won 2, hardly a storming end of the season , indeed this was exactly the same number of points that Pellegrino got in the last 8 league games before he was sacked.

It was good he didnt get bullied at Swansea, but lets be blunt the team pulled a victory out against Bournemouth & Swansea from their own passion not the managers.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Mark Hughes on 13:21 - Feb 24 with 1264 viewsSaintsforeverj

Mark Hughes on 13:02 - Feb 24 by SaintNick

i wouldnt say he kept us up, more that Swansea went down the pan, he took over with 8 league games left, he lost 4 of them, drew 2 and won 2, hardly a storming end of the season , indeed this was exactly the same number of points that Pellegrino got in the last 8 league games before he was sacked.

It was good he didnt get bullied at Swansea, but lets be blunt the team pulled a victory out against Bournemouth & Swansea from their own passion not the managers.

Nonetheless, we stayed up when the team was playing badly. You say their own passion, but that wasn't there before Hughes arrived. Hughes clearly motivated the team for that game at Swansea and the Bournemouth game. Winning away from home in a relegation decider was pressurising and challenging, Hughes lead the team to the result that kept us up. That motivation wasn't there before hence why Pellegrino got sacked. Hughes not a patch on Ralph but I don't think badly of Hughes at all. He kept us up when all looked doomed.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 13:22]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Mark Hughes on 13:40 - Feb 24 with 1233 viewsPaleRider

Mark Hughes on 13:21 - Feb 24 by Saintsforeverj

Nonetheless, we stayed up when the team was playing badly. You say their own passion, but that wasn't there before Hughes arrived. Hughes clearly motivated the team for that game at Swansea and the Bournemouth game. Winning away from home in a relegation decider was pressurising and challenging, Hughes lead the team to the result that kept us up. That motivation wasn't there before hence why Pellegrino got sacked. Hughes not a patch on Ralph but I don't think badly of Hughes at all. He kept us up when all looked doomed.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 13:22]

The motivation that was lacking in the semi final against Chelsea?
Mark Hughes on 13:46 - Feb 24 with 1228 viewsChesham_Saint

Mark Hughes on 13:40 - Feb 24 by PaleRider

The motivation that was lacking in the semi final against Chelsea?

Absolutely, PR. That match was pathetic.

As for Hughes, there’s no way he’s a motivator. He sullen, quiet and uninspirational - a good/great player, but a journeyman manager.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Hughes on 23:18 - Feb 24 with 1085 viewsdarthvader

Mark Hughes on 10:27 - Feb 24 by SonicBoom

Aparently he said he was Fired up for the job , so he should fit right in

keep the faith coyr

Mark Hughes on 08:31 - Feb 25 with 1018 viewsgreen

Our semi-final last season against Leicester was equally if not more pathetic than the Chelsea semi. Not that I think Hughes is anywhere near a decent manager, he got us the necessary points to keep us up that Pelligrino wouldn’t have done but having taken so long to get another job and at that level says a lot about how well regarded he is now.
Mark Hughes on 16:46 - Feb 25 with 958 viewsSoton

Mark Hughes on 23:18 - Feb 24 by darthvader

Aparently he said he was Fired up for the job , so he should fit right in

Hopefully they have a big clear up before he arrives
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024