Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves 16:05 - Feb 27 with 910 viewskingslandstand1

We're 5 points behind with same number of games, so can we get above them?
Wolves on 16:08 - Feb 27 with 898 viewsBicester_North

The only thing is they have a decent run in, all but 3 of their remaining games are against teams you’d probably expect them to beat.
Tough but not impossible if our current first 11/12 can stay fit

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Wolves on 20:05 - Feb 27 with 751 viewsTimSaint

We should have beaten Wolves at St Marys, but failed to take our chances, then got sucker-punched as Jimenez outmuscled Bednarek, then their whole team started their now famed time wasting circus.
Similarly at Molineux, they were gifted goals (VAR and FF), we got back into it and then the fine margins - Perraud hit the woodwork and they went up the other end and scored.

We could easily be on a similar points tally to Wolves, perhaps even above them when you consider some of the other games that we have thrown points away in (Brighton being the most obvious) but them again, I expect every team can point to these sort of games :-)

TimSaint

Wolves on 20:21 - Feb 27 with 730 viewskingslandstand1

Wolves on 20:05 - Feb 27 by TimSaint

We should have beaten Wolves at St Marys, but failed to take our chances, then got sucker-punched as Jimenez outmuscled Bednarek, then their whole team started their now famed time wasting circus.
Similarly at Molineux, they were gifted goals (VAR and FF), we got back into it and then the fine margins - Perraud hit the woodwork and they went up the other end and scored.

We could easily be on a similar points tally to Wolves, perhaps even above them when you consider some of the other games that we have thrown points away in (Brighton being the most obvious) but them again, I expect every team can point to these sort of games :-)

Talking of points dropped when should have won, I'll never forget the infamous 04-05 season when we were 2 - 0 up against Middlesbrough with minutes to go and drew 2-2

We went down by just 2 points and would have stayed up on goal diference!
Wolves on 22:26 - Feb 27 with 671 viewsElijahK

Wolves on 16:08 - Feb 27 by Bicester_North

The only thing is they have a decent run in, all but 3 of their remaining games are against teams you’d probably expect them to beat.
Tough but not impossible if our current first 11/12 can stay fit

Is that not the same for us though, as we’ve only got most of the teams below us, with only Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea (all of which are at home) left to play that we are pretty certain to not be favourites for

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Wolves on 22:41 - Feb 27 with 642 viewsBicester_North

Wolves on 22:26 - Feb 27 by ElijahK

Is that not the same for us though, as we’ve only got most of the teams below us, with only Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea (all of which are at home) left to play that we are pretty certain to not be favourites for

Yes but they are 5 points ahead

Wolves on 23:21 - Feb 27 with 597 viewsElijahK

Wolves on 22:41 - Feb 27 by Bicester_North

Yes but they are 5 points ahead

Yeah and we’re the team inform right now

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Wolves on 23:28 - Feb 27 with 594 viewsBicester_North

Wolves on 23:21 - Feb 27 by ElijahK

Yeah and we’re the team inform right now

What you trying to get at, there are 12 games left, Wolves are 5 points ahead, our fixtures are likely equally as difficult on paper, so as I said in my original post it’s possible we can overhaul them but difficult, that’s it.

In no way did I rule it out but clearly they are favourites to finish above us due to their current points advantage.

Wolves on 08:32 - Feb 28 with 482 viewskingslandstand1

Wolves on 23:28 - Feb 27 by Bicester_North

What you trying to get at, there are 12 games left, Wolves are 5 points ahead, our fixtures are likely equally as difficult on paper, so as I said in my original post it’s possible we can overhaul them but difficult, that’s it.

In no way did I rule it out but clearly they are favourites to finish above us due to their current points advantage.

I'm in tune with that, but let's face it, it's great that we can be having this conversation with the way we were a few months ago

It's like the classic would you rather have points in the bag or games in hand when a lot, me included, had written Burnley off and look at their last 2 games!

Should be an interesting end to the season
Login to get fewer ads

Wolves on 08:40 - Feb 28 with 474 viewssaint68

Wolves on 23:28 - Feb 27 by Bicester_North

That could easily swing to 2 points over a weekend..or to 8 ..but its a far better position to be in than the past few years...a solid 9th spot and Kings of the South Coast again will be an amazing achievement from how we were earlier in the season.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024