Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 511 RT HD Russia Today 20:37 - Mar 1 with 1676 viewsBison

I must admit I thought RT was banned but looks like its only Facebook Youtube and the online platforms. I just watched their reporting on the attack on the TV Aerial in Kiev and they quoted the Ukrainian Authorities as saying there were no Casualties .

I turned over to BBC , SKY etc and they are reporting the same authorities saying 5 dead. Its just blatant lies and quite an eye opener on what the Russian people have to watch. All their reporters are reporting from those 2 enclaves that were under Russian control anyway but make out its a bloodbath there when all the fighting is miles away in Ukraine proper.

I checked why it hasnt been banned here and basically they are saying the BBC is still available in Russia so its more important that at least some truth is broadcast in Russia which I can sort of agree with as if you sit and watch RT here all day in the UK when there are 5 other channels of news then there is no hope for the viewer of the channel anyway.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

SKY 511 RT HD Russia Today on 23:25 - Mar 3 with 1494 viewsJellybaby

The censorship of RT News is consistent with the actions of The West over the last 2 years re Covid single narrative.
We certainly can't hold the moral high ground on free speech anymore.....

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

SKY 511 RT HD Russia Today on 09:44 - Mar 4 with 1392 viewsGasGiant

SKY 511 RT HD Russia Today on 23:25 - Mar 3 by Jellybaby

The censorship of RT News is consistent with the actions of The West over the last 2 years re Covid single narrative.
We certainly can't hold the moral high ground on free speech anymore.....

You talk about the moral high ground on free speech yet you were freely able to continue regurgitating inaccurate or misleading conspiracy riddled tripe over several months aided by Russian social media manipulators and planters pumping bullshit stories for you to find and copy. You are biting the hand that feeds you, but then that's what conspiracy theorists are free to do in the West isn't it. Think on.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 9:44]
SKY 511 RT HD Russia Today on 10:06 - Mar 4 with 1370 viewsDorsetIan

RT has disappeared from Sky, but I understand it's more to do with EU issues/sanctions and the location of the infrastructure dealing with the satellite rather than it being banned by Ofcom.

I'm pleased. Anybody trying to suggest an equivalence between the generally agreed narrative in the majority of the world (not just the West - see the UN votes) about what is going on in the Ukraine, and the information control in the totalitarian state that Russia now understands nothing.

I am pleased that RT is no longer on Sky. It's still possible to get different narratives on Al Jazeera, and the Indian channels and there are some (but not all presenters) complete cretins on GB News (that beardy coast guy particularly - he's a very stupid man) that offer a different take.

But I don't want the propaganda of a totalitarian dictator beamed in my living room, and saying so is absolutely nothing to do with 'free speech'. I was annoyed, as it happened, that Newsnight ran decent chunk, with translation, of Putin's latest speech. What's the point - why do I need to listen to the lies of the enemy leader on the BBC? We're at war with Russia, even if we've not involved troops.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

SKY 511 RT HD Russia Today on 10:40 - Mar 4 with 1342 viewssaints__fan__73

Mental Matty Le Tiss isn't happy that RT has been banned. All part of state controlling censorship apparently....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

SKY 511 RT HD Russia Today on 11:35 - Mar 5 with 1148 viewsJellybaby

SKY 511 RT HD Russia Today on 09:44 - Mar 4 by GasGiant

You talk about the moral high ground on free speech yet you were freely able to continue regurgitating inaccurate or misleading conspiracy riddled tripe over several months aided by Russian social media manipulators and planters pumping bullshit stories for you to find and copy. You are biting the hand that feeds you, but then that's what conspiracy theorists are free to do in the West isn't it. Think on.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 9:44]

Yes, I am so grateful that I can express an opinion, how lucky am I, thank you GasGiant and Government, so grateful.

Big tech and MSM clearly suppressed an alternative opinion on Covid under the guise of "misinformation" or "keeping the country safe" and now as the pandemic narrative is seamlessly moved aside for the war narrative, we are seeing the same thing happening again. Are we really so childish that we can't look at all the facts ourselves and draw our own conclusions?

Those of you who agree with Nanny state and support government nudge units manipulating the thoughts of the populace are IMO naive because sooner or later you will find yourself at odds with the so called received wisdom from the powers that be and at that point you won't like it and you may have surrendered so many freedoms it will be too late.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024