Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
38 years of hurt 21:52 - Mar 7 with 1955 viewscynicalsaint

Highbury 14th April 1984 - 14 years old on the clock end terrace with my mum and dad.

Adrian Heath.

Am i finally going to get redemption?

Its them or Leeds I reckon - run in looks tough.

Fingers crossed.
38 years of hurt on 09:36 - Mar 8 with 1782 viewsChesham_Saint

Yes,it still hurts Cyn. Much as I think Toffs is a good guy, I’d love them to taste the bile of relegation. However, much like the assassin Heath back then, they will at the last moment pull it out of the bag I fear.

Mind you, they should have gone down a few years ago, but then it helped seemingly having the opposition goalkeeper playing for then for the last game…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

38 years of hurt on 11:26 - Mar 8 with 1735 viewsfranniesTache

My first experience of football heart break, I wasn't there as it was the season i started going but remember feeling utterly sucker punched as i was so sure we were going to win the cup.
38 years of hurt on 11:59 - Mar 8 with 1716 viewsSaintNick

38 years of hurt on 09:36 - Mar 8 by Chesham_Saint

Yes,it still hurts Cyn. Much as I think Toffs is a good guy, I’d love them to taste the bile of relegation. However, much like the assassin Heath back then, they will at the last moment pull it out of the bag I fear.

Mind you, they should have gone down a few years ago, but then it helped seemingly having the opposition goalkeeper playing for then for the last game…

1994 was the year they nearly went down, Everton fans torched the team coach the night before and death threats were made to several Wimbledon players including John Fashanu who decided not to play, put bluntly Wimbledon players were in fear of their lives if they lost.

Everton were 2-0 down but came back to win 3-2 with a soft penalty and goalkeeping errors gifting a winner, even a draw would have sent them down

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

38 years of hurt on 12:50 - Mar 8 with 1674 viewsChesham_Saint

38 years of hurt on 11:59 - Mar 8 by SaintNick

1994 was the year they nearly went down, Everton fans torched the team coach the night before and death threats were made to several Wimbledon players including John Fashanu who decided not to play, put bluntly Wimbledon players were in fear of their lives if they lost.

Everton were 2-0 down but came back to win 3-2 with a soft penalty and goalkeeping errors gifting a winner, even a draw would have sent them down

Two Words: Hans Segers.

38 years of hurt on 12:52 - Mar 8 with 1672 viewsSaintNick

38 years of hurt on 12:50 - Mar 8 by Chesham_Saint

Two Words: Hans Segers.

More like Hans Knees & Bumps A Daisy on that day

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

38 years of hurt on 12:58 - Mar 8 with 1662 viewsChesham_Saint

38 years of hurt on 12:52 - Mar 8 by SaintNick

More like Hans Knees & Bumps A Daisy on that day

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you ever get the chance to speak to anyone legally associated with the court case he was involved in you'll know why....

38 years of hurt on 15:12 - Mar 9 with 1415 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think the title should read 46 years of hurt.

let's hope you lot don't make it to 50.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024