Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea 09:23 - Mar 10 with 49668 viewsDWQPR

Just been sanctioned by the UK government. Now I assume that any follower of the filth buying tickets or anything associated with that lot will be breaking the law?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 08:42 - Mar 11 with 2869 viewslightwaterhoop

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 08:23 - Mar 11 by kropotkin41

You bet it's all a show, just like the Economic Crime Bill is a show. The UK, and particularly London, and this Government is all in far too deep with Russian money for it to be anything but a show at this stage. For it not to be a show there'd have to be a great deal of short term pain for everyone, and on some level that's all of us, connected to Russian money. Half of Russia's wealth is held outside of their country, and of the laundering of their wealth, a huge amount of it goes through London.

Interesting that this should be published yesterday: https://www.waterstones.com/book/butler-to-the-world/oliver-bullough/29283770819

It's arguable that Putin's regime and his oligarch mates wouldn't have been able to do all they have done without UK money laundering, and that includes the invasion of Ukraine. Chelsea is built on theft and corruption; football is full of it in general, and the UK is the most corrupt country in the world, bar none.

Dont forget that the Blair/Brown Government welcomed Russian money as well.Remember 'light touch regulation' thats what it meant.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 08:45 - Mar 11 with 2851 viewskropotkin41

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 08:42 - Mar 11 by lightwaterhoop

Dont forget that the Blair/Brown Government welcomed Russian money as well.Remember 'light touch regulation' thats what it meant.

Absolutely. Don't think I'm only against one Government of corrupt b*stards. As a friend of mine said this morning: Mandelson is quite fond of jaunts on Russian yachts.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 09:05 - Mar 11 with 2748 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Good article from David Conn as usual....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/10/football-ignored-the-truth-abou
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 09:13 - Mar 11 with 2664 viewsessextaxiboy

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 08:45 - Mar 11 by kropotkin41

Absolutely. Don't think I'm only against one Government of corrupt b*stards. As a friend of mine said this morning: Mandelson is quite fond of jaunts on Russian yachts.

The Russians donate money for access to power .There is no point donating to the opposition . Labour got it then , Tories now
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 09:21 - Mar 11 with 2615 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Being discussed on 5 live right now if anyone is interested.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 09:27 - Mar 11 with 2579 viewsw7r

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 12:59 - Mar 10 by Phildo

Loads of their fans crying foul on twitter. They have not even realised that all the successes of the past 20 years are now always going to have an asterisk next to them. If you decide to sell your soul to the devil that is what you get.

The last couple of weeks have seen a lot of stuff used against the democratic world thrown into reverse. Soviet Russia was a closed economy but we let them in to the free market which looked a mistake for years. Now the west has the power to freeze their assets and they have to close all their factories as they cant source semi conductors or even ball bearings as I understand it and their currency is in the bin.

They used bots and troll farms to stir up dissent for years- now they are scrambling to close their access to the internet down as news of their atrocities leak out at home.

They lived like kings in our city driving most of us out to live in the suburbs- but have gone to war with tanks that cant drive 30 miles without breaking down because the maintenance money was spent on yachts moored at Monaco and London property.

Sports washing was quite the thing (invented by one Roman Abramovich) but now you cock up and you may lose the sport/club - hence that terrifying Stavely woman describing this as 'sad'- she knows what this might mean in the future for the Saudis.

Fk the lot of them - the chelsea pitch owners can start staging the odd 5 a side from time to time.

Couldn’t sum it up any better. Take a bow.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 09:42 - Mar 11 with 2478 viewsfrancisbowles

Will the P&S rules allow loans to be written off?

Our owners were prevented from effectively doing the same when they were found to have transgressed what was then FFP. They had tried to transfer debt to equity which surely is the same thing. Eventually, though it became part of the sanction/solution.

If nothing has changed with Putin's invasion and sanctions remain in place, will they be allowed or be able to start next season?

Isn't the banning of away fans unfair on their opponents for the rest of this season? Should they be forced to give free tickets to the away section or play all matches away from home?
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 09:47 - Mar 11 with 2454 viewsNorthernr

I would very much like hear from the chubby boy in the flat cap that used to rant into YouTube by way of "Chelsea Fan TV".
Login to get fewer ads

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:04 - Mar 11 with 2362 viewsgobbles

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 09:42 - Mar 11 by francisbowles

Will the P&S rules allow loans to be written off?

Our owners were prevented from effectively doing the same when they were found to have transgressed what was then FFP. They had tried to transfer debt to equity which surely is the same thing. Eventually, though it became part of the sanction/solution.

If nothing has changed with Putin's invasion and sanctions remain in place, will they be allowed or be able to start next season?

Isn't the banning of away fans unfair on their opponents for the rest of this season? Should they be forced to give free tickets to the away section or play all matches away from home?

Chelsea have had 20 years to become self-financing, but they found it easier to live off Abramovich's dodgy money. All the current problems in English football can be traced back to that with other clubs trying to keep up while clubs like Chelsea stockpiled players. F*ck 'em.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:10 - Mar 11 with 2331 viewsdaveB

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

They'll get sold to another billionaire, they won't suffer for long but it's very enjoyable to watch for now
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:11 - Mar 11 with 2320 viewsCamberleyR

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 09:47 - Mar 11 by Northernr

I would very much like hear from the chubby boy in the flat cap that used to rant into YouTube by way of "Chelsea Fan TV".

100 per cent ch*ls** Louis. He's probably spontaneously combusted.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:14 - Mar 11 with 2277 viewsBklynRanger

If we thought the Abramovich chants were thick and disgraceful at the Norwich match imagine what they'll be like this weekend. Toys coming out of the pram won't even begin to describe the next few weeks.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:17 - Mar 11 with 2263 viewsJuzzie

All this talk of UK's involvement in all sorts of less-than-legit practices..... I know it's been going on for hundreds of years but I've always wondered where we'd be as a country if we had kept our noses clean?

We're so tiny geographically in the grand scheme of things, 80th largest country comparable to Romania, yet the 5th largest economy. Would we still be in stone buildings had we not (and still do) plundered ourselves around the world?
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:32 - Mar 11 with 2179 viewsPhildo

A lot of assumptions there will be a quick sale but not so certain. It will be tricky for a start - buyers will need to know the debt is not coming back if sanctions are lifted. RA will be limited in what he can pay for legally advice wise and lots of formerly welcoming central London law firms have said they are now not taking Russian business.

If he is Putin's man the main way to apply pressure to our government now would be to publicly let the club starve rather than off it for no £££. If you thought the Derby whining was bad imagine what this would be like.

I bet the Chelsea canteen are glad fat frank has gone as they probably only have a limited supply of frozen sausages and cannot buy any more now. Frank would have done the supply by Sunday I am guessing.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:47 - Mar 11 with 2075 viewsLazyFan

They can get Bank loans I would assume to survive and then if this goes on into the summer, they will have to do a fire sale of players. They have players worth over £1bn in total. So, flogging them off will get them £500m (once they start selling prices will drop as other clubs feast on the corpse).

By then out of contract players will have signed for someone else as they cannot risk the club will be there and they will want to play for a stable club, not on the downward spiral.

Next season could be brutal as they will have a relegation team. If it goes on for years, then they may be forced to sell the ground and be left with just a nice pitch surrounded by luxury flats owned by Yanks who now will not bother buying what's left of the skeletal remains.

The only upside of fantasy of promo for us this year is next year we could play Chelsea in their plagued state.

zzzzzzzzzz

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:48 - Mar 11 with 2071 viewsizlingtonhoop

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:17 - Mar 11 by Juzzie

All this talk of UK's involvement in all sorts of less-than-legit practices..... I know it's been going on for hundreds of years but I've always wondered where we'd be as a country if we had kept our noses clean?

We're so tiny geographically in the grand scheme of things, 80th largest country comparable to Romania, yet the 5th largest economy. Would we still be in stone buildings had we not (and still do) plundered ourselves around the world?

It's over simplistic, but the capitalist system as it has evolved over the past three or four centuries. owed and owes its very existence to the enslavement of millions of human beings in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Edit: a system which the British and the British economy were at the very heart of from its inception.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 12:21]
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:53 - Mar 11 with 2036 viewsQPRSteve

I always remember my first visit to Scumford Bridge as a 15 year old in 1969. I went with a black mate. Outside the ground there was a row on cünts selling NF News and doing a decent trade.

When the R's scored the first goal we realised we were in the wrong part of the ground. Fortunately for us, we got yanked over the pitch wall by the police and marched to the away end before the baying crowd did us much damage. The abuse my mate got was unbelievable.

Hated the bastards ever since.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:55 - Mar 11 with 2025 viewsNorthernr

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:47 - Mar 11 by LazyFan

They can get Bank loans I would assume to survive and then if this goes on into the summer, they will have to do a fire sale of players. They have players worth over £1bn in total. So, flogging them off will get them £500m (once they start selling prices will drop as other clubs feast on the corpse).

By then out of contract players will have signed for someone else as they cannot risk the club will be there and they will want to play for a stable club, not on the downward spiral.

Next season could be brutal as they will have a relegation team. If it goes on for years, then they may be forced to sell the ground and be left with just a nice pitch surrounded by luxury flats owned by Yanks who now will not bother buying what's left of the skeletal remains.

The only upside of fantasy of promo for us this year is next year we could play Chelsea in their plagued state.

As I read the sanctions they're not allowed to sell players, for precisely the reason you give at the start. Have I read that wrong?
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 11:04 - Mar 11 with 1964 viewsPhildo

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:55 - Mar 11 by Northernr

As I read the sanctions they're not allowed to sell players, for precisely the reason you give at the start. Have I read that wrong?

Correct they can only spend income on day to day activities . Not sure how they could enter into loans either. Chelsea pitch owners still owns the freehold which has saved them in the past and may well do again.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 11:06 - Mar 11 with 1958 viewsEsox_Lucius

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

He flew to Moscow the day of the invasion and has been a close friend of Putin for decades. It would be very naive to think he is innocent in all this, including the sportswashing and money laundering.

The grass is always greener.

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 11:31 - Mar 11 with 1789 viewsdmm

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:17 - Mar 11 by Juzzie

You're surely not suggesting that the huge suffering and damage GB has inflicited on the world over many hundreds of years is justified by the standard of living we now enjoy!!
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 11:37 - Mar 11 with 1743 viewsthemodfather

well chelski fans are proper pooping themselves, they are back in their sheds watching their beloved VHS of their big day out in about 86 the ZENITH DATA CUP , yep even i don't know who or what it was but they won it and thought themselves so big they put it out on tape. it was only just in colour !
nice our leaders gave the dodgy russians 2 weeks to clear house and do a runner, just shows watch donations to political parties gets you,
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 11:46 - Mar 11 with 1675 viewsSimplyNico

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:47 - Mar 11 by LazyFan

Banks will not lend to them because their owner, RA, is sanctioned.

In fact, the more likely possibility is that if there is any commercial bank borrowing (which I do not know), the lenders could call in the loans (which are now at risk) which could result in administration because it is obviously doubtful that there is any way to repay a loan (they are consistently run at a loss, have the highest cumulative losses in EPL history and are reliant on RA for on-going funding - the accounts for Chelsea FC plc are qualified to confirm that they are reliant on Fordstam Limited (RA's investment vehicle) for its continued financial support).

They also have problems with the ground because it is owned by Chelsea Pitch Owners plc (it holds the freehold of Stamford Bridge and owns the name Chelsea FC). That is a Ken Bates legacy (one of the few good things he did) to stop the ground being sold for development.

In terms of how they get out of it, that is difficult. They are going to have show that the money is genuinely not going to RA. He has said that the "net proceeds of sale" (whatever that means) will go to victims/victims families (Russian and Ukraine alike). They could try and establish a charity for this purpose, but that will take time. Beyond that, good luck finding a commercial way out.

They are really in the sh!t. It is a steep cliff down from being World Club champions.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 11:49 - Mar 11 with 1647 viewsJuzzie

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 11:31 - Mar 11 by dmm

You're surely not suggesting that the huge suffering and damage GB has inflicited on the world over many hundreds of years is justified by the standard of living we now enjoy!!

Justified?
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 12:03 - Mar 11 with 2944 viewsTheChef

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 11:31 - Mar 11 by dmm

Well that standard of living appears to be going downhill fast thanks to our dear leaders, both here and elsewhere.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024