Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread 08:36 - Mar 13 with 6441 viewsSaintNick

Three points today would go down nicely and make the gap between us and Brighton in 13th six points

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 20:33 - Mar 13 with 1587 viewsElijahK

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Mar 13 by MytchettSaint

As much as I’d like to believe, They say It’s the hope that kills you.

At the end of the day we’ve got nothing to loose! No main starting player is injured or such, and we’ve managed to go undefeated against Man City (single handedly making up a third of their non wins this season in the league (and probably a quarter of their overall non wins)), so I certainly won’t be going to the game next week thinking it’s in the bag, but I certainly feel like we’ve got a chance.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Mar 13 with 1585 viewsBicester_North

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:12 - Mar 13 by Centurion

I agree. Before the Villa game I thought we would over the 40 point mark and safe going into the City Cup game.
But, no and we are NOT safe yet.
I really fear a thumping by City and a scramble for the next 5 points.
Depressing.

You’ve mentioned safety and the threat of relegation several times today.

Have you had a bet on us to go down at 200/1 ?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 21:06 - Mar 13 with 1511 viewsMattFinish

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:59 - Mar 13 by ElijahK

Well no they haven’t been. Armstrong I’ll give you, as yeah he has been decent recently and just wasn’t with it today, so yeah he’s just had an off day, but the rest definitely haven’t been “excellent recently”. As both Forster and Salisu messed up last game multiple times (including their first goal) and many times today, one of which caused one of the worst goals we’ve conceded in absolutely ages! And Elynoussie just doesn’t produce anything, as we’ve just got no decent cover there, as Redmond (and I’m definitely not his biggest fan, but certainly don’t rate him as low as others on here do) has gotta be the only winger on the bench that could arguably start instead of him, but it still doesn’t remove the fact that he’s just not producing much (and was lucky to get a goal today) and has been like that for a while recently.
So other than Armstrong, no they’ve not been “excellent” whatsoever.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 18:13]

My apologies. They made a couple of mistakes the game before so are cr@p and must fcuk off regardless of their brilliant form over the last 2-3 months

Unbelievable
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 21:53 - Mar 13 with 1433 viewsBerber

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Mar 13 by Bicester_North

A voted award for most attractive football played? When was this?

My uni team, not this lot, haha.
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Mar 13 with 1415 viewscocklebreath

That was terrible from start to finish, Salisu had a shocker as did Ely. Only KWP looked decent. Crap atmosphere which started with fans timing all wrong with the band. Took over an hour to get out of Southampton, probably due to the crap trains. Ref was a proper stickler, wasted about 2 minutes messing about with a drop ball

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 22:40 - Mar 13 with 1366 viewsElijahK

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 21:06 - Mar 13 by MattFinish

My apologies. They made a couple of mistakes the game before so are cr@p and must fcuk off regardless of their brilliant form over the last 2-3 months

Unbelievable

So what you can’t call a player sh*t for being sh*t on many occasions? If that’s the case then why aren’t you getting on all the backs of those that used to complain about Stephens, Redmond, Bednerak etc or Ralph? Or the others complaining about them, as they’ve been poor recently (and no not just 1 game) and I’m just putting my opinions of them (which are valid after the last few performances of recently) on the thread, as they need to change/improve/not play, if we’re to get anywhere, like beating Man City next Sunday.

And no I don’t think some of them have been that great recently (aka Elynousie) it’s just the results have covered up the performances, as very few complain about players/managers when we win/get good results (which had for the last few months) as most overlook it, but when we don’t (like the last 3 games) you start to see it and realise that actually they’ve not been as good as people were making out/saying beforehand, it’s just very few/nobody realised as we were always satisfied with the results.

So please explain what’s soo “unbelievable” about complaining about some abysmal (as it’s arguably the worst performance all season) performances from certain players, as well as realising that some players haven’t actually been as good as we previously thought?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 22:43]

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Mar 13 with 1360 viewsElijahK

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Mar 13 by cocklebreath

That was terrible from start to finish, Salisu had a shocker as did Ely. Only KWP looked decent. Crap atmosphere which started with fans timing all wrong with the band. Took over an hour to get out of Southampton, probably due to the crap trains. Ref was a proper stickler, wasted about 2 minutes messing about with a drop ball

Ok but rules are rules, and he did tell Salisu to give over the ball, which he didn’t do, so we only made it worse for ourselves. As yeah he could’ve dealt with the simulation/time wasting better, but at the end of the day, the result has nothing to do with him, and even with another 30 minutes we probably still wouldn’t have scored

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Mar 13 with 1305 viewsElijahK

Just seen the MOTD highlights and we should’ve had a blatant penalty for that handball! Typical 🙄 that could’ve changed everything

Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 00:01 - Mar 14 with 1267 viewsdarthvader

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Mar 13 by ElijahK

Just seen the MOTD highlights and we should’ve had a blatant penalty for that handball! Typical 🙄 that could’ve changed everything

We didnt deserve much out of this game ,gifting the first gave them so much confidence going foward .

But you are right if the keeper did that it would have been a good save , it was a blatant hand ball , he blocked it with his arm .
So what the fück ws the idiots in the VAR room looking at ffs
?

Is so deflating, last wednesday week i was on such a high after beating west ham we looked and felt unreal and so confident ....now three games and three defeats later ? Bloody awful .
Saints all over

keep the faith coyr

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 07:34 - Mar 14 with 1178 viewsCenturion

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Mar 13 by Bicester_North

You’ve mentioned safety and the threat of relegation several times today.

Have you had a bet on us to go down at 200/1 ?

We are probably safe but another 5 or 6 points would dispel any uncertainties. I bet that many feel the same.
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 11:24 - Mar 14 with 1085 viewsdirk_doone

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 07:34 - Mar 14 by Centurion

We are probably safe but another 5 or 6 points would dispel any uncertainties. I bet that many feel the same.

Well, there's you and 130 ( or maybe only 130) who pretend to believe that but deep down even you know there is absolutely no chance of Saints being relegated.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 11:25]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 12:45 - Mar 14 with 1039 viewsPaleRider

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 22:40 - Mar 13 by ElijahK

So what you can’t call a player sh*t for being sh*t on many occasions? If that’s the case then why aren’t you getting on all the backs of those that used to complain about Stephens, Redmond, Bednerak etc or Ralph? Or the others complaining about them, as they’ve been poor recently (and no not just 1 game) and I’m just putting my opinions of them (which are valid after the last few performances of recently) on the thread, as they need to change/improve/not play, if we’re to get anywhere, like beating Man City next Sunday.

And no I don’t think some of them have been that great recently (aka Elynousie) it’s just the results have covered up the performances, as very few complain about players/managers when we win/get good results (which had for the last few months) as most overlook it, but when we don’t (like the last 3 games) you start to see it and realise that actually they’ve not been as good as people were making out/saying beforehand, it’s just very few/nobody realised as we were always satisfied with the results.

So please explain what’s soo “unbelievable” about complaining about some abysmal (as it’s arguably the worst performance all season) performances from certain players, as well as realising that some players haven’t actually been as good as we previously thought?

I find it interesting that you post with some vitriol against our own players when they happen to have a bad game or two but when people criticise referees for consistent poor performance you get upset. Care to explain?
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 15:08 - Mar 14 with 992 viewsElijahK

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 12:45 - Mar 14 by PaleRider

I find it interesting that you post with some vitriol against our own players when they happen to have a bad game or two but when people criticise referees for consistent poor performance you get upset. Care to explain?

I don’t get upset when people criticise refs, I just defend them, as refs can quite often get criticised for things that they got correct, whilst players don’t ever get criticism when they’ve had a decent game, but can also avoid it when they’ve had a poor one, whilst refs are 100% guaranteed it when they have a poor game, and also get it loads when they’ve had a good game.
As this weekend referee wise, it wasn’t the greatest, as you had the blatant pens for us and Newcastle missed, as well as what should’ve been a red for that Brighton keeper also missed (although that didn’t effect the results like the others did), so would except any criticism that they were to give for them. But would then defend any refs over the VAR decisions in the Leicester and Leeds games where some were unhappy with it, whilst in the LOTG the officials got them correct.
And players wise it’s no different really, as Elynousie, Forster, Salisu and Armstrong were all soo poor yesterday, hence why I gave them critical and agreed with anyone else who did also say how poor they were, but anyone who were to criticise KWP, Romeu or even Parraud, I’d defend as I thought they were the only decent performers who actually turned up yesterday and looked like they gave a toss about the game.

So in conclusion I look at players just like how I look at refs, it’s just the average fan doesn’t do that and will only criticise officials, and never really praise/defend them and both teams will do this, whilst fans will criticise players (although they do get let off more when results go their way and it goes unnoticed, as well as it being only their team that criticises them), but they’ll also praise them, which is a bit of a difference that the average fan does, but isn’t necessarily as fair/consistent as it should be (which is how I like to do it)
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 15:10]

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Mar 14 with 969 viewscocklebreath

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Mar 13 by ElijahK

Ok but rules are rules, and he did tell Salisu to give over the ball, which he didn’t do, so we only made it worse for ourselves. As yeah he could’ve dealt with the simulation/time wasting better, but at the end of the day, the result has nothing to do with him, and even with another 30 minutes we probably still wouldn’t have scored

I never said the result was down to the ref just he was a proper officious chump

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Mar 19 with 820 viewsMattFinish

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 22:40 - Mar 13 by ElijahK

Wow, take a chill pill.

I do regularly get on the backs of so called fans who use this forum to continually slag off Ralph and the players but are anonymous if we do well.

Some fans seem to think we should win every game and can't wait to wade in when we lose.

In reality with our squad and investment we should be in the bottom 4 fighting relegation. We're 10th and in the latter stages of the FA Cup for the second year running. Let's get behind the team and try and enjoy it
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 10:04 - Mar 19 with 799 viewsdarthvader

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 19:57 - Mar 13 by ElijahK

Yeah well if someone had offered me making Wembley by beating Man City, for 3 losses in a league (which will make 0% difference to next season) I’d of taken it in a heartbeat!

You do realise who the ref is in that match dont you ?

keep the faith coyr

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 10:14 - Mar 19 with 796 viewsMytchettSaint

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Mar 19 by MattFinish

Wow, take a chill pill.

I do regularly get on the backs of so called fans who use this forum to continually slag off Ralph and the players but are anonymous if we do well.

Some fans seem to think we should win every game and can't wait to wade in when we lose.

In reality with our squad and investment we should be in the bottom 4 fighting relegation. We're 10th and in the latter stages of the FA Cup for the second year running. Let's get behind the team and try and enjoy it

No fan thinks we should win every game. That’s just daft to have that opinion of other fans.

Ralph is an enigma. I’ll honestly say I wanted to see the back of him the end of last season. It was horrific. As others have said, it’s massive highs followed by absolute dross for long spells. Apologies for not thinking he’s the new messiah. I’ll also add that I thoroughly enjoyed our recent spell, we were playing some very good football and competing with far better budgeted teams/squads than we have. All credit to him. It’s no coincidence though the minute he fecked McCarthy and Walcott off out of it results started to change. And there in lies the rub. If injuries and suspensions force changes then sh1t happens. Changing half the team against West Ham was considered a tactical master stroke by some. He got lucky. Since then it feels like we lost momentum and if there isn’t a tiny piece of you thinking “here we go” after the last three games I’d be very surprised given his history.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 11:42 - Mar 19 with 768 viewsMattFinish

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 10:14 - Mar 19 by MytchettSaint

No fan thinks we should win every game. That’s just daft to have that opinion of other fans.

Ralph is an enigma. I’ll honestly say I wanted to see the back of him the end of last season. It was horrific. As others have said, it’s massive highs followed by absolute dross for long spells. Apologies for not thinking he’s the new messiah. I’ll also add that I thoroughly enjoyed our recent spell, we were playing some very good football and competing with far better budgeted teams/squads than we have. All credit to him. It’s no coincidence though the minute he fecked McCarthy and Walcott off out of it results started to change. And there in lies the rub. If injuries and suspensions force changes then sh1t happens. Changing half the team against West Ham was considered a tactical master stroke by some. He got lucky. Since then it feels like we lost momentum and if there isn’t a tiny piece of you thinking “here we go” after the last three games I’d be very surprised given his history.

Sorry but there are fans who pile on here every time we lose and slag off the players and manager but go completely quiet when we win.

As for Ralph, yes we get brilliant periods then Peter out. That's because he's massively over achieving with the squad and investment. We shouldn't be having brilliant spells with this squad.
We always an injury away from being severely stretched. And as the season progresses we will run out of steam because we don't have enough depth to rotate or when we get injuries and suspensions.
Oh well, perhaps as some fans have wished for Ralph will get the sack and be replaced by Fat Sam
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Mar 19 with 719 viewsElijahK

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Mar 19 by MattFinish

Wow, take a chill pill.

We definitely shouldn’t be in the bottom 4, but I do agree that we’re above where we should be (like 14th-12th). And I also agree that we shouldn’t expect to win every game, but calling out a few players for being soo poor ain’t saying that we expect to win, as well as highlighting how poor some have been on a regular basis.
As when we lost to Watford, those players cost us, so they get criticised. But I’m not saying that we should sell them/never play them again, but I am saying that we may wanna think again over whether we play them in our next game, especially if they perform like that again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024