Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread 08:36 - Mar 13 with 6463 viewsSaintNick

Three points today would go down nicely and make the gap between us and Brighton in 13th six points

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:09 - Mar 13 with 1357 viewskernow

Shockingly bad all over the pitch.
None of them should get paid this week.
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:10 - Mar 13 with 1340 viewssaint22

well that's really pi55 poor
we still need a win to be safe
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:10 - Mar 13 with 1342 viewsCenturion

I look forward to your report Nick, don't hold back because this was a shithouse performance IMO.
What has happened in the last three games to make us look so poor?
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:12 - Mar 13 with 1320 viewsCenturion

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:10 - Mar 13 by saint22

well that's really pi55 poor
we still need a win to be safe

I agree. Before the Villa game I thought we would over the 40 point mark and safe going into the City Cup game.
But, no and we are NOT safe yet.
I really fear a thumping by City and a scramble for the next 5 points.
Depressing.
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:16 - Mar 13 with 1298 viewsElijahK

Salisu, Forster, Armstrong and Elynousie can all F*ck off after today’s performance! Today certainly showed of why Salisu ain’t gonna be the next Van Dijk, and Forster showed of why we do need a new number 1 as they both messed up against Newcastle, and again today! And S-Armstrong just was not with it whatsoever, and kept consistently giving away the ball for no reason (which isn’t like him whatsoever), and Elynousie was basically the same.
But we still didn’t create chances anyway, and didn’t really test Foster until right at the end.
I mean other than Romeu and KWP, everyone else was also really sloppy and produced bugger all! But still they weren’t as poor as those I’ve named above!
Tactically I don’t think we were perfect, but at the same time nether of the goals were down to Ralph, but sh*te performances and for what we’ve got on the bench for the attacking side, I don’t see what else he could’ve done! (but I’m sure all the Ralph out lot will be calling for his head even though this is the first game we’ve lost when no one expected us to, since Norwich)
Still at least now we truly have nothing to loose against Man City next weekend!
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 16:19]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Mar 13 with 1248 viewsMytchettSaint

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:10 - Mar 13 by Centurion

I look forward to your report Nick, don't hold back because this was a shithouse performance IMO.
What has happened in the last three games to make us look so poor?

The traditional end of the season capitulation has started.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Mar 13 with 1248 viewswibbersda

They should be embarrassed. Zero points from 3 bankers', only Saints can do this!
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:44 - Mar 13 with 1213 viewsgrumpy

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Mar 13 by wibbersda

They should be embarrassed. Zero points from 3 bankers', only Saints can do this!

This rollercoaster is making me feel sick.
Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Mar 13 with 1159 viewsMrangry25

Bl**dy shocking performance that was, why on earth he didnt play Broje from the start is beyond me, for what ever reason RH keeps changing the side which seems to upset the balance. JWP has turned into Captain Sideways & Backwards, Salisu gone from next VVD to next Dick Van Dyke, Bednarek can do one as far as I am concerned but not bad enough to get Stephens on the pitch. KWP & Perroud tried hard today but too many errant passes, Elonousie reverted back to type. Not really sure whay we have gone from world beating when we played Spurs to 3 games later playing like we did today which was worse than against Newcastle and that was a particularly difficult watch.
Lets hope a week on the training ground can rekindle the spark that we had and we can give Man City a game because if not i fear for us. COYR
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:34 - Mar 13 with 1093 viewssaint22

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Mar 13 by wibbersda

And now we need 3 points against Burnley and you know exactly how that will go......
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Mar 13 with 1087 viewsTimSaint

Same old shit, different day.

Why play 1 up front against a team that have just conceded 4 ?
Still, we should have been able to play to the master plan that RH had devised for this game, but clearly he wasn't counting on most of the team having really awful performances.

Smallboner didn't know where he was supposed to play, offered no support to Adams and gave it away when he got it.
Elyounoussi was as awful as he has been for the last 3 games. His goal was mishit and it unfortunately ensured he stayed on for the 2nd half when he should have been hooked at half time.

Every other player had a poor game. The passing was absolutely pathetic today, everyone gave it away so often and yet again we gifted goals and failed to break down a resolute opposition.

We simply played into Watford's hands. We wasted time for them with shite passing, going all the way back to the keeper so often and giving away silly free kicks or possession unnecessarily. We had no sense of urgency yet again and even with 30 mins left, you could tell we were not going to score. The unforced errors were an absolute joke. No wonder the Watford fans sang 'Can We Play You Every Week' !!

It is going to be carnage next week !!

The worst thing was that on Solent on the way home, Elyounoussi was saying that we all make mistakes and we need to learn from this. The problem is, today we made the same, if not worse mistakes than we did against Villa and Newcastle, so clearly the players are not learning.

35points - are we on the beach already ?

This summer another clear out is required. Get rid of about 6 or 7 and sign a new Keeper, probably 2 CBs, a Midfielder, A Winger and a Striker.

TimSaint

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:44 - Mar 13 with 1062 viewseuasabioscummer

Saints were not great.

Ralph made a few cock ups, Smallbone. Elyonussi,

"Fans" need to give their heads a wobble over the booos. Safe after 25 games. Go back some years.

Little support from the stands to help today and against Newcastle.

(Note: this season fans have been okay in comparison to other home grounds around P.L)

In summary get behind them. UTS>
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:45 - Mar 13 with 1058 viewsMattFinish

Saints net spend over last 5 seasons minus £37m. Watford net spend over same period minus £14m

Saints net spend over last 2 seasons minus £10m. Watford net spend over last 2 seasons plus £36m

Says a lot about the job Ralph is doing
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Mar 13 with 1053 viewsgrumpy

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Mar 13 by TimSaint

Same old shit, different day.

Why play 1 up front against a team that have just conceded 4 ?
Still, we should have been able to play to the master plan that RH had devised for this game, but clearly he wasn't counting on most of the team having really awful performances.

Smallboner didn't know where he was supposed to play, offered no support to Adams and gave it away when he got it.
Elyounoussi was as awful as he has been for the last 3 games. His goal was mishit and it unfortunately ensured he stayed on for the 2nd half when he should have been hooked at half time.

Every other player had a poor game. The passing was absolutely pathetic today, everyone gave it away so often and yet again we gifted goals and failed to break down a resolute opposition.

We simply played into Watford's hands. We wasted time for them with shite passing, going all the way back to the keeper so often and giving away silly free kicks or possession unnecessarily. We had no sense of urgency yet again and even with 30 mins left, you could tell we were not going to score. The unforced errors were an absolute joke. No wonder the Watford fans sang 'Can We Play You Every Week' !!

It is going to be carnage next week !!

The worst thing was that on Solent on the way home, Elyounoussi was saying that we all make mistakes and we need to learn from this. The problem is, today we made the same, if not worse mistakes than we did against Villa and Newcastle, so clearly the players are not learning.

35points - are we on the beach already ?

This summer another clear out is required. Get rid of about 6 or 7 and sign a new Keeper, probably 2 CBs, a Midfielder, A Winger and a Striker.

I can see a defeat in the Cup and a relegation scrap till the end of the season.
To be honest I'm getting fed up with it now.
This all started when Ralph put that ridiculous Cup team out, now he's all over the place, why leave Broja on the bench till half time, makes no sense.
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Mar 13 with 1039 viewsMattFinish

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:16 - Mar 13 by ElijahK

Salisu, Forster, Armstrong and Elynousie can all F*ck off after today’s performance! Today certainly showed of why Salisu ain’t gonna be the next Van Dijk, and Forster showed of why we do need a new number 1 as they both messed up against Newcastle, and again today! And S-Armstrong just was not with it whatsoever, and kept consistently giving away the ball for no reason (which isn’t like him whatsoever), and Elynousie was basically the same.
But we still didn’t create chances anyway, and didn’t really test Foster until right at the end.
I mean other than Romeu and KWP, everyone else was also really sloppy and produced bugger all! But still they weren’t as poor as those I’ve named above!
Tactically I don’t think we were perfect, but at the same time nether of the goals were down to Ralph, but sh*te performances and for what we’ve got on the bench for the attacking side, I don’t see what else he could’ve done! (but I’m sure all the Ralph out lot will be calling for his head even though this is the first game we’ve lost when no one expected us to, since Norwich)
Still at least now we truly have nothing to loose against Man City next weekend!
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 16:19]

Salisu, Forster, Armstrong and Elyounoussi have all been excellent recently. One bad game and they can all fcuk off. Some of this board never cease to amaze me
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:53 - Mar 13 with 1028 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:44 - Mar 13 by euasabioscummer

Saints were not great.

Ralph made a few cock ups, Smallbone. Elyonussi,

"Fans" need to give their heads a wobble over the booos. Safe after 25 games. Go back some years.

Little support from the stands to help today and against Newcastle.

(Note: this season fans have been okay in comparison to other home grounds around P.L)

In summary get behind them. UTS>

Fans shouldn't boo but crikey the players were so casual. The ridiculous pass backs to Forster that lead to the Watford goal. So careless. The 2nd goal, the Watford player was completely unmarked. And then the constant sideways passing that Watford were happy to just watch us do and see out time. The players were on the beach today. It was a bad performance. Get behind the team yes, I certainly agree, but the players need to try a bit!

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:59 - Mar 13 with 1012 viewsElijahK

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Mar 13 by MattFinish

Salisu, Forster, Armstrong and Elyounoussi have all been excellent recently. One bad game and they can all fcuk off. Some of this board never cease to amaze me

Well no they haven’t been. Armstrong I’ll give you, as yeah he has been decent recently and just wasn’t with it today, so yeah he’s just had an off day, but the rest definitely haven’t been “excellent recently”. As both Forster and Salisu messed up last game multiple times (including their first goal) and many times today, one of which caused one of the worst goals we’ve conceded in absolutely ages! And Elynoussie just doesn’t produce anything, as we’ve just got no decent cover there, as Redmond (and I’m definitely not his biggest fan, but certainly don’t rate him as low as others on here do) has gotta be the only winger on the bench that could arguably start instead of him, but it still doesn’t remove the fact that he’s just not producing much (and was lucky to get a goal today) and has been like that for a while recently.
So other than Armstrong, no they’ve not been “excellent” whatsoever.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 18:13]

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 18:13 - Mar 13 with 982 viewsNumber_58

I know Ralph was trying to protect his team (and himself) from criticism, but blaming today's defeat on Watford's time wasting was frankly pathetic and a bit desperate.
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 18:16 - Mar 13 with 975 viewseuasabioscummer

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 17:53 - Mar 13 by Saintsforeverj

Fans shouldn't boo but crikey the players were so casual. The ridiculous pass backs to Forster that lead to the Watford goal. So careless. The 2nd goal, the Watford player was completely unmarked. And then the constant sideways passing that Watford were happy to just watch us do and see out time. The players were on the beach today. It was a bad performance. Get behind the team yes, I certainly agree, but the players need to try a bit!

We were shite. But to put things in perspective:

We are Southampton.

No top six wannabee. (Would'NT want to be)

That's why we love them. Its our city - our home- We win - we lose.

And we've done well recently yet some nuggets boooo us.

That's why I'm saying they need to give their heads a wobble.

If we were Sunderland, Sheff weds etc etc Yes we may have something to moan about.

We ain't that so back em. Not flog em.

Anyway ITFS.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 18:18]
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 18:55 - Mar 13 with 893 viewsBerber

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 16:09 - Mar 13 by kernow

Shockingly bad all over the pitch.
None of them should get paid this week.

I thought that KWP, Forster and Perraud were pretty good actually. The most of the rest were shocking, showing little appetite for the fight, second to almost every 50-50 ball, slow to react, reluctant to go forward. Bednarek and Smallbone were even worse. Bednarek has been like this for a few games. I don't get it. When he played alongside Stephens, he was happy to take the ball forward and had half decent diustribution. If the rumours about Juventus are true, snap their hands off. Either of the Watford CBs were twice the player he has been recently.

God help us next season when we don't have Broja,none of our other strikers are worthy of the name really.
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 19:21 - Mar 13 with 851 viewssaintwizzler

The only booing I heard was at full time and tbh after that woeful performance who can blame them.

Next Sunday is a chance to put the last three performances to bed.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 19:57 - Mar 13 with 805 viewsElijahK

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 19:21 - Mar 13 by saintwizzler

The only booing I heard was at full time and tbh after that woeful performance who can blame them.

Next Sunday is a chance to put the last three performances to bed.

Yeah well if someone had offered me making Wembley by beating Man City, for 3 losses in a league (which will make 0% difference to next season) I’d of taken it in a heartbeat!

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Mar 13 with 762 viewsBerber

There were a few boos at half time, and if we hadn't scored, I think there would have been a lot more.

The Star has this headline"Southampton likened to "hungover Sunday league side" over horrendous mistakes vs Watford." During the match, I thought they reminded me of the team I played for at Uni. Apart from the CH, we were footy purists, and got hammered every week (partly down to the vast amount of ale consumed the night before) and came second bottom in the league. But all the other teams voted us as playing the most attractive football. It is great if you are in it, but carp if you are watching is all I can say.
Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Mar 13 with 753 viewsMytchettSaint

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 19:57 - Mar 13 by ElijahK

Yeah well if someone had offered me making Wembley by beating Man City, for 3 losses in a league (which will make 0% difference to next season) I’d of taken it in a heartbeat!

As much as I’d like to believe, They say It’s the hope that kills you.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Mar 13 with 751 viewsBicester_North

Saints V Watford Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Mar 13 by Berber

There were a few boos at half time, and if we hadn't scored, I think there would have been a lot more.

The Star has this headline"Southampton likened to "hungover Sunday league side" over horrendous mistakes vs Watford." During the match, I thought they reminded me of the team I played for at Uni. Apart from the CH, we were footy purists, and got hammered every week (partly down to the vast amount of ale consumed the night before) and came second bottom in the league. But all the other teams voted us as playing the most attractive football. It is great if you are in it, but carp if you are watching is all I can say.

A voted award for most attractive football played? When was this?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024