Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
origi 12:34 - Mar 20 with 1166 viewssaint22

Wants out at Liverpool
Could be a good fit for us
origi on 13:42 - Mar 20 with 1132 viewskingslandstand1

Well as he normally scores against us .....................
origi on 22:51 - Mar 21 with 1001 viewsSaintNick

origi on 13:42 - Mar 20 by kingslandstand1

Hasnt played a lot of Premier League games for Liverpool, apart from 2019/20 when he played 28, he has barely got out of double figures most season, this is his 7th season at Anfield he has started only 34 Premier League games and another 71 as sub.

Could be worth the punt at the right price, turns 27 next month

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

origi on 09:56 - Mar 22 with 920 viewssaints__fan__73

origi on 22:51 - Mar 21 by SaintNick

Hasnt played a lot of Premier League games for Liverpool, apart from 2019/20 when he played 28, he has barely got out of double figures most season, this is his 7th season at Anfield he has started only 34 Premier League games and another 71 as sub.

Could be worth the punt at the right price, turns 27 next month

Worth a punt? Isn't that the exact opposite of what the club wants to do? Our new ownership won't be putting any money into the club and the whole financial base of what they will do is based on the 'Moneyball' football equivalent of the baseball strategy where you have to get the best 'value' (inc. re-sale money) of any new transfer.

A player on huge wages, from a big club, who is 27 and never been a prolific scorer would seem to be about as far away from this strategy as is humanly possible.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

origi on 10:54 - Mar 22 with 875 viewsSaintNick

origi on 09:56 - Mar 22 by saints__fan__73

Worth a punt? Isn't that the exact opposite of what the club wants to do? Our new ownership won't be putting any money into the club and the whole financial base of what they will do is based on the 'Moneyball' football equivalent of the baseball strategy where you have to get the best 'value' (inc. re-sale money) of any new transfer.

A player on huge wages, from a big club, who is 27 and never been a prolific scorer would seem to be about as far away from this strategy as is humanly possible.

This is where your enthusiasm to contradict everything I ever write on here runs away with you and you don't check your facts before typing.

1. Origi is out of contract in the summer so we would potentially get him for free, you can't get better value for that on a re sale value

2. Origi has played, 3,450 minutes of Premier League football for Liverpool, having scored 21 goals he averages a goal every 164 minutes, compare that with Armando Broja whose strike record is a goal every 253 minutes in the Premier League.

3. Moneyball doesn't say you have to buy promising youngsters all the time

Of course he was playing in a very good team for most of his time at Liverpool and that would help his strike rate, but at 27 he would still have a few years left him in, getting him for nothing in the summer would potentially be good business based on the stats.

origi on 11:11 - Mar 22 with 864 viewssaints__fan__73

origi on 10:54 - Mar 22 by SaintNick

This is where your enthusiasm to contradict everything I ever write on here runs away with you and you don't check your facts before typing.

1. Origi is out of contract in the summer so we would potentially get him for free, you can't get better value for that on a re sale value

2. Origi has played, 3,450 minutes of Premier League football for Liverpool, having scored 21 goals he averages a goal every 164 minutes, compare that with Armando Broja whose strike record is a goal every 253 minutes in the Premier League.

3. Moneyball doesn't say you have to buy promising youngsters all the time

Of course he was playing in a very good team for most of his time at Liverpool and that would help his strike rate, but at 27 he would still have a few years left him in, getting him for nothing in the summer would potentially be good business based on the stats.

Who was our last permanent signing who was aged 27 or over?

origi on 11:27 - Mar 22 with 853 viewsSaintNick

origi on 11:11 - Mar 22 by saints__fan__73

Who was our last permanent signing who was aged 27 or over?

There are actually quite a few players in this age group over the past few years, Danny Ings, Jannik Vestergaard, Stuart Armstrong , Guido Carrillo, Charlie Austin, all players 26/27 when they signed.

But to answer your question directly, once again you have jumped in as usual to try and argue and contradict everything I write on here without checking your facts.

So the answer to your question of who was our last signing over 27 is.

Theo Walcott signed permanently last summer, I could even throw in Willy Caballero who has only ever been on a permanent deal, albeit it a short term one.

I would suggest that you quit whilst you are behind.

origi on 11:31 - Mar 22 with 850 viewssaint22

origi on 11:27 - Mar 22 by SaintNick

There are actually quite a few players in this age group over the past few years, Danny Ings, Jannik Vestergaard, Stuart Armstrong , Guido Carrillo, Charlie Austin, all players 26/27 when they signed.

But to answer your question directly, once again you have jumped in as usual to try and argue and contradict everything I write on here without checking your facts.

So the answer to your question of who was our last signing over 27 is.

Theo Walcott signed permanently last summer, I could even throw in Willy Caballero who has only ever been on a permanent deal, albeit it a short term one.

I would suggest that you quit whilst you are behind.

I am not sure you can use Carrillo or walcott to fight your case!!
origi on 11:35 - Mar 22 with 847 viewsSaintNick

origi on 11:31 - Mar 22 by saint22

I am not sure you can use Carrillo or walcott to fight your case!!

Im not fighting a case, I'm just answering a direct question.

"Who was our last permanent signing who was aged 27 or over?"

Both Walcott & Caballero are permanent signings and are both over 27 , end of argument

Login to get fewer ads

origi on 11:36 - Mar 22 with 842 viewssaints__fan__73

Ah, Walcott. Whatever happened to him?

origi on 11:41 - Mar 22 with 838 viewssaints__fan__73

and Vestergaard was 25 when he signed. :)

origi on 11:48 - Mar 22 with 834 viewsSaintNick

origi on 11:36 - Mar 22 by saints__fan__73

Ah, Walcott. Whatever happened to him?

The question wasn't what happened to him

origi on 16:24 - Mar 23 with 695 viewsdarthvader

origi on 13:42 - Mar 20 by kingslandstand1

Isnt he going to one of the milan clubs ?

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024