Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's stand back 20:00 - Mar 20 with 963 viewskingslandstand1

Basically we played well today but we have to accept we're not anywhere near the class or the likes of City

When Pep realised we were giving them a good game, they simply change up a gear, bring a couple of subs on and bang!

Dodgy starting line up and maybe should have started Broja, but we are a mid table team at present. That's 4 defeats on the trot, not good, and with no major omissions to the squad. Can we afford a clear out or new squad? No. Armstrong (A) and Adams are not prem players although both came with high hopes

Just a pity the atmosphere was not as I've just watched from the Forest fans, but you just knew Lpool would score with Forest missing chances you can't afford to miss, as we always do

We just need to make sure we keep our core decent players, KWP, JWP, Armstrong S, Romeu, Liveramento and maybe Salisu will learn to stop doing stupid things that normally cost us the game - yes, he generally had a good game, but what a pen to give away when we all still believed - but unless there is a major shake up with the rest we will only be a mid table team at best

Mind when we win 3 or 4 on the trot I'll probably start believing in a European tour again
Let's stand back on 20:23 - Mar 20 with 926 viewsgrumpy

But this is the FA Cup, clubs play far better clubs and defeat them.
If you approach a game with fear you will lose.
When Lawrie was in charge Saints would terrorise the bigger clubs at the Dell,why?Because they played their best team and believed they would win.
The Dell played its part too.
St.Marys keeps moving its fans around and that cant be right.
Let's stand back on 20:47 - Mar 20 with 864 viewsButty101

Let's stand back on 20:23 - Mar 20 by grumpy

When Lawrie was in charge Saints would terrorise the bigger clubs at the Dell,why?Because they played their best team and believed they would win.

I’m happy for Ralph to leave at the end of the season. I think we have gone as far as we can with him. Having had a great run unbeaten we are now 4 straight defeats and on the wrong sort of run again. The line up today was a p@ss take. What manager starts a 37 year old up front that’s not good enough for the championship.
People say well who would you replace him. I was a big advocate of Eddie before he went to Newcastle. I guess we have missed that one. But how about Steve Cooper he clearly has something.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Let's stand back on 20:51 - Mar 20 with 857 viewspjt50

I'm starting to get as disillusioned with the cup as I am with the PL. The likes of Saints have a minimal chance of winning it unless there's a fluky series of draws that pit top clubs against top clubs.

We can beat anybody on our day but to win the cup from where we were this morning we would had to have beaten City, Liverpool & probably Chelsea. What are the chances of that? Another trip to Wembley would have been good but maybe I've been to enough losing semis in my time.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Let's stand back on 20:52 - Mar 20 with 854 viewskingslandstand1

Let's stand back on 20:23 - Mar 20 by grumpy

I know what you mean, but you can't really blame the club now for moving fans about as the FA dictate the number of fans and it's been the same since the stadium opened (virtually, unless the rules changed at some time with %'s)
Let's face it, the away fan location/let's have a "kop" discussion has been on here loads of times and no one has had a sensible answer other than ending up with what we have, unless there is a practical way of moving away fans to Itchen North and current IN join in with the Northam but I'm sure all the current Itchen Northers won't be too pleased about that!
Maybe they should have thought about that when the stadium was designed? I haven't been to the King Power but isn't that a similar stadium? If so how do they manage away fans?
Let's stand back on 20:54 - Mar 20 with 851 viewsSaintsforeverj

Let's stand back on 20:47 - Mar 20 by Butty101

I’m happy for Ralph to leave at the end of the season. I think we have gone as far as we can with him. Having had a great run unbeaten we are now 4 straight defeats and on the wrong sort of run again. The line up today was a p@ss take. What manager starts a 37 year old up front that’s not good enough for the championship.
People say well who would you replace him. I was a big advocate of Eddie before he went to Newcastle. I guess we have missed that one. But how about Steve Cooper he clearly has something.

The sad thing is though, we still won't get anywhere. Man City or Liverpool will win the league again next year. One of Man City, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs will win the cups. That's the point. We can't compete with these top teams, nobody can.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Let's stand back on 20:55 - Mar 20 with 848 viewsgrumpy

Let's stand back on 20:52 - Mar 20 by kingslandstand1

I know what you mean, but you can't really blame the club now for moving fans about as the FA dictate the number of fans and it's been the same since the stadium opened (virtually, unless the rules changed at some time with %'s)
Let's face it, the away fan location/let's have a "kop" discussion has been on here loads of times and no one has had a sensible answer other than ending up with what we have, unless there is a practical way of moving away fans to Itchen North and current IN join in with the Northam but I'm sure all the current Itchen Northers won't be too pleased about that!
Maybe they should have thought about that when the stadium was designed? I haven't been to the King Power but isn't that a similar stadium? If so how do they manage away fans?

At Leicester the away fans are in a corner.
Let's stand back on 20:57 - Mar 20 with 844 viewsSaintsforeverj

Let's stand back on 20:55 - Mar 20 by grumpy

At Leicester the away fans are in a corner.

Moving the away fans has been done to death. It can't be done.

Let's stand back on 20:59 - Mar 20 with 837 viewsgrumpy

Let's stand back on 20:57 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

Moving the away fans has been done to death. It can't be done.

I will NEVER believe that.
Login to get fewer ads

Let's stand back on 21:04 - Mar 20 with 827 viewsSaintsforeverj

Let's stand back on 20:59 - Mar 20 by grumpy

I will NEVER believe that.

More to the point, it would cost too much so they won't do it.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:04]

Let's stand back on 21:09 - Mar 20 with 800 views1teeminants

Let's stand back on 20:54 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

The sad thing is though, we still won't get anywhere. Man City or Liverpool will win the league again next year. One of Man City, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs will win the cups. That's the point. We can't compete with these top teams, nobody can.

Yes I agree. It’s all very dull and tedious .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Let's stand back on 21:12 - Mar 20 with 792 viewsgrumpy

Let's stand back on 21:09 - Mar 20 by 1teeminants

Yes I agree. It’s all very dull and tedious .

I agree in the league season, but a one off game anything can happen if you have the belief.
Let's stand back on 21:23 - Mar 20 with 758 viewsSaintsforeverj

Let's stand back on 21:12 - Mar 20 by grumpy

I agree in the league season, but a one off game anything can happen if you have the belief.

Yes, in a one off game, a miracle can happen from time to time. But had we won today with luck, determination, they have an off day, decisions going our way, do you think we would go on and then beat Liverpool in the semi and then Chelsea in the final? Nah, it's dull and pointless. The top teams are winning everything and will continue too. I hope they f off to their super League.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:24]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024