Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too many players on the end of contracts coasting. 23:48 - Mar 27 with 2521 views_Windydale

We are pretty boring to watch at the moment. I may be being cynical. but are Rochdale players, especially midfield, being maybe are too arsed about their player stat performance percentages which go into a database, then paying more attention to winning a game?

A completed pass percentage may look better on the CV, but if you're passing back or passing short with the purpose to increase your tally instead of being adventurous to win a game it's wrong. Dooley, Keohane, and kelly for instance often play it too safe. Maybe its a lack of confidence.

StockDales highlighted getting the basic right.

There should be a stat for
Ball control - it might book their ideas up. In the game against Crawley.
Okeefe's for instance, his ball control after receiving a pass was abysmal. Too many times pings off his foot like a bumper on a pinball table.

We can blame Stockdale for everything, but the players are often inept at the basics and in their decision making. . Not passing to feet, sloppy looping 50/50 passes, not passing along ground in front of players for a player to run onto. Receivers of the ball not really making themselves available in a suitable position often standing atop of their colleague who has the ball.

Not enough quick thinking, and quick passing. Too long spent carrying a ball instead of 1sec, 2 seconds, then pass. Connecting up the pitch. Dire to watch at the moment. Too many players on the end of contracts coasting.
Too many players on the end of contracts coasting. on 08:08 - Mar 28 with 2352 viewsDalenet

Or maybe they just aren't good enough. I watch the players of other teams and admire their ability to move quickly, to move off the ball and to be able to trap a ball and retain it. For all the comments about this being a really poor league, there are plenty of opponents that can manage the basics.

I watch Keohane, Grant and Newby and see three players going backwards. They were much more effective and attacking last season. We seem to have a coaching team that is larger than anything we have seen before but I can't see any evidence that established players are improving.

Given that half the squad will be moved on in just 3 months time I am bemused as to why we have not tried using one or two the youngsters. People will argue that experience is essential to ensure survival in League Two, but the Academy has served us well. Why isn't Brierley considered good enough for a game or two - he was considered good enough to make the odd appearance in League One. If these are the future of the club then they need to be ready to step up. Youthful exuberance might just help.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 10:08]
Too many players on the end of contracts coasting. on 11:52 - Mar 28 with 2087 viewsEllDale

I know it's a different level but several Spennymoor fans were Tweeting over the weekend how impressive Brierley had been on his debut on Saturday.
Too many players on the end of contracts coasting. on 12:56 - Mar 28 with 1995 views_Windydale

Too many players on the end of contracts coasting. on 11:52 - Mar 28 by EllDale

I know it's a different level but several Spennymoor fans were Tweeting over the weekend how impressive Brierley had been on his debut on Saturday.

Shame he's on loan now. I've never seen him play a full match and be eager to watch him start a game.Someone who might add some freshness, like Balll did. Brierley a player I imagine would have the basics nailed down coming straight off the Dale academy production line.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024