Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ooh, another book 18:57 - Mar 31 with 11707 viewsjudd

More written about us than Will Smith

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ooh, another book on 17:27 - Apr 19 with 2568 viewsEllDale

What I found significant was that once Bill Goodwin and Paul Hazlehurst had left Chris Dunphy found himself isolated in the boardroom.
The loss of the latter was a massive blow to the club.
Ooh, another book on 11:22 - Apr 20 with 2277 viewsBazzanne

Who is the Chris Dunphy credited as the author. That's certainly not Chris Dunphy our former chairman.
Ooh, another book on 11:35 - Apr 20 with 2262 viewsAtThePeake

Ooh, another book on 11:22 - Apr 20 by Bazzanne

Who is the Chris Dunphy credited as the author. That's certainly not Chris Dunphy our former chairman.

It's just a mistake from the Amazon algorithm. There must be another Chris Dunphy who has published a book and Amazon has incorrectly transferred that author image across.

Tangled up in blue.

Ooh, another book on 23:03 - Apr 23 with 1957 viewsEllDale

Just spotted that a book called “The Longest Winter” by Mark Hodkinson is due out later this year.
All about 1973/74 at Spotland.
Ooh, another book on 23:29 - Apr 23 with 1908 viewsD_Alien

Ooh, another book on 23:03 - Apr 23 by EllDale

Just spotted that a book called “The Longest Winter” by Mark Hodkinson is due out later this year.
All about 1973/74 at Spotland.

About Dale, but in the context of the oil crisis and blackouts, hence the dual nature of the title

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ooh, another book on 13:47 - Apr 28 with 1644 viewsseasidedale

Enjoyed this book, it was good see the actual fees recorded , eg Jamie Allen’s fee was £425 k (it was undisclosed everyone guessing £300k) there was a 12 month termination clause in Hill’s contract, not as many thought having to pay full contract, most shockingly dunphy saying he believed bottomley was receiving £100,000 a year salary!
Sad how the p
Board shunned him
Ooh, another book on 13:24 - May 13 with 1230 views100notout

Absolutely fantastic read and I would highly recommend anyone to buy this. Most of my thoughts have already been mentioned in this thread. CD very cleverly doesn't give names in certain scenarios but any Dale fan will know who he is talking about.

One paragraph I would mention from the book which I think just about sums up the integrity of the man and captures exactly the ethos of a Dale fan (and I hope I am not breaching any copyright here!).............

"Success is still being in business after 110 years, never going into administration and not having to reinvent yourself because of financial incompetence. Its also about giving the fans what they want, and here at Rochdale, our fans are quite stoical. Of course they would love to win cup games, of course they want promotion and something to celebrate, to be up there at the top of the Premiership, but Rochdale fans are also realists who support a local club. They want to watch a team that works hard on the pitch and wins just a few more games than they lose. They want a family club where everyone is welcome. They want honesty and integrity from those at the top. They want a club that is credible and financially stable so their children will always have a team to support."

It really is a crying shame how it ended and how he no longer feels able to attend games. I do wonder however if he may be receptive to an approach from the board, even in a non-active capacity to attend games and renew his love of the Dale. Thanks for everything Chris.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Ooh, another book on 15:42 - May 13 with 1044 viewsBigKindo

Ooh, another book on 13:24 - May 13 by 100notout

Absolutely fantastic read and I would highly recommend anyone to buy this. Most of my thoughts have already been mentioned in this thread. CD very cleverly doesn't give names in certain scenarios but any Dale fan will know who he is talking about.

One paragraph I would mention from the book which I think just about sums up the integrity of the man and captures exactly the ethos of a Dale fan (and I hope I am not breaching any copyright here!).............

"Success is still being in business after 110 years, never going into administration and not having to reinvent yourself because of financial incompetence. Its also about giving the fans what they want, and here at Rochdale, our fans are quite stoical. Of course they would love to win cup games, of course they want promotion and something to celebrate, to be up there at the top of the Premiership, but Rochdale fans are also realists who support a local club. They want to watch a team that works hard on the pitch and wins just a few more games than they lose. They want a family club where everyone is welcome. They want honesty and integrity from those at the top. They want a club that is credible and financially stable so their children will always have a team to support."

It really is a crying shame how it ended and how he no longer feels able to attend games. I do wonder however if he may be receptive to an approach from the board, even in a non-active capacity to attend games and renew his love of the Dale. Thanks for everything Chris.

I will second what you have written. Both Mrs BigKindo and myself have read the book. Interesting comments re the situation when we took Chris O'Grady on loan from Oldham. Pretty obvious that the BIFFOS's were in a perilous situation some 13 years ago. Re match attendance. Has he actually been invited?
Login to get fewer ads

Ooh, another book on 16:08 - May 13 with 985 viewsDale_4_Life

it might just be me but when i read the thread title i think a book is out on our very own dreadlocked Messi!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024