Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match thread 16:54 - Apr 2 with 4886 viewswortonranger

Outclassed today I’m afraid. Again we seem to run out of steam second half. If we went up imagine the misery of playing teams every week who will be beating Fulham with ease. We need another year. There’s something to build on.
Post match thread on 18:58 - Apr 2 with 1320 viewsRangersw12

Post match thread on 18:50 - Apr 2 by Wegerles_Stairs

Oh yes, sorry, I forgot. Still pretty embarrassing to fail to test the keeper in the second half. That's why I don't get this Brentford model bullshit; they were always full of energy when they were turning us over the last few seasons. We have got to be one of the slowest teams in the whole league. And if we are following their model, who on that field will fetch any big money? Half of them are only fit for the glue factory.

Don't think we've ever been following a Brentford model more going back to what we used to do with buying low and selling high

In the squad we have sellable assets in Dickie, Chair, Willock,Seny and Field
Post match thread on 19:12 - Apr 2 with 1262 viewsdigswellhoop

we arent good enough simple
Post match thread on 20:11 - Apr 2 with 1135 viewsdmm

Man for man Fulham have better players than us, and that's been the case for a good few seasons. Money has made the difference between us.

What really stood out to me today was how Fulham needed half as many passes as we did to mount an attack. They moved the ball with much greater speed and acuracy. That is a big lesson we must learn and apply to our game.
Post match thread on 20:20 - Apr 2 with 1101 viewsnix

Post match thread on 20:11 - Apr 2 by dmm

Man for man Fulham have better players than us, and that's been the case for a good few seasons. Money has made the difference between us.

What really stood out to me today was how Fulham needed half as many passes as we did to mount an attack. They moved the ball with much greater speed and acuracy. That is a big lesson we must learn and apply to our game.

I said exactly that during the match. We took two minutes at the beginning of the second half to mount an attack. They got through us on the counter in about twenty seconds.

Pace, obviously, but also more confidence at moving the ball.
Post match thread on 20:21 - Apr 2 with 1082 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Post match thread on 20:20 - Apr 2 by nix

I said exactly that during the match. We took two minutes at the beginning of the second half to mount an attack. They got through us on the counter in about twenty seconds.

More confidence was key, I thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Post match thread on 20:25 - Apr 2 with 1052 viewsdavman

Post match thread on 20:20 - Apr 2 by nix

Yes, but at times earlier this season, we have countered at pace, so we know that this bunch can be much better than they've been showing this year. Simple fact is that they spent more on Wilson than we have on our entire squad. Yes, I get all the "its not all about money", but a hell of a lot of it is.

It is a real shame that we had to start from high and fall away at not the other way round, because the optimism ahead of a new season is going to be tempered if we finish with a whimper...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Post match thread on 20:33 - Apr 2 with 1038 viewsnix

Post match thread on 20:25 - Apr 2 by davman

Yes, but at times earlier this season, we have countered at pace, so we know that this bunch can be much better than they've been showing this year. Simple fact is that they spent more on Wilson than we have on our entire squad. Yes, I get all the "its not all about money", but a hell of a lot of it is.

It is a real shame that we had to start from high and fall away at not the other way round, because the optimism ahead of a new season is going to be tempered if we finish with a whimper...

Yes. Agree with all this too.

If we'd done it in reverse we'd probably all be happy now. Fans began to hope maybe a bit too much and the disappointment hurts.
Post match thread on 20:54 - Apr 2 with 993 viewssoops

Post match thread on 18:04 - Apr 2 by qprcanada

I say we need a bit of a reset. The early form from new players was good but there is a reason they were surplus from better teams. I don't mind being in the top 6 to 8 spots but lets play with some energy and desire. Aside from the pot of gold, we have no business thinking about Premier League from where we are. We'd be like Derby in 2007/08.
And when you thought the day couldn't get worse, Brentford humps Chelscum...aaargh!

Might be on my own but have no problem with Brentford’s result over Chelsea, good luck to them on that one!
Login to get fewer ads

Post match thread on 21:02 - Apr 2 with 962 viewsnix

Post match thread on 20:54 - Apr 2 by soops

Might be on my own but have no problem with Brentford’s result over Chelsea, good luck to them on that one!

You're not on your own. Everyone around me was delighted the Scum lost.
Post match thread on 21:04 - Apr 2 with 949 viewsMatch82

Post match thread on 17:06 - Apr 2 by ted_hendrix

The door that has a sign on it saying "bang average Championship football club" has just opened up and invited us in for a pot of tea and a slice of victoria sponge.

I make you right Ted, although it's certainly an upgrade on the room we've been in for the last few years with a door marked "look over your shoulder" where it's a glass of water and a pot noodle
Post match thread on 21:26 - Apr 2 with 875 viewsplasmahoop

Post match thread on 18:45 - Apr 2 by Rangersw12

Fulham are a far better side than usWe huffed and puffed but didn't really look like scoring.

Sanderson was shocking again and the sooner he's fcked off back to Wolves the better

Dykes was also poor and didn't put his body on the line. If anyone comes in for a bid in the summer then I would sell him.

Would like to see Amos and Thomas start again on Wednesday with Gray instead of Dykes

Sanders on has been a bit gash, but I thought he was pretty decent today. Once Lee Wallace stops/leaves wouldn't moses be better playing on the left. He is basically left footed, which is why he always looks for the inside pass. He played well today, but wing back is a really difficult position anyway without adding extra complications
Post match thread on 21:28 - Apr 2 with 871 viewsManinBlack

Post match thread on 20:33 - Apr 2 by nix

Yes. Agree with all this too.

If we'd done it in reverse we'd probably all be happy now. Fans began to hope maybe a bit too much and the disappointment hurts.

To be fair that is what we did last season where we finished on a high after a bad first half to the season. This season is doing the reverse. I did have the feeling it would once injuries set in and the old men Wallace, Adomah, Johanson, Austin etc ran out of gas added to the lack of pace throughout the team. Our fringe players are not good enough to step up when called upon.
Post match thread on 21:40 - Apr 2 with 831 viewsParkRoyalR

Post match thread on 18:45 - Apr 2 by Rangersw12

Fulham are a far better side than usWe huffed and puffed but didn't really look like scoring.

Sanderson was shocking again and the sooner he's fcked off back to Wolves the better

Dykes was also poor and didn't put his body on the line. If anyone comes in for a bid in the summer then I would sell him.

Would like to see Amos and Thomas start again on Wednesday with Gray instead of Dykes

Sanderson shocking? Dykes poor? Shall we blame Hendricks too?

Dykes decent return after 6 matches out injured, put himself about, decent effort in 1st Half, great run and cut-back for Austin in 2nd Half who yet again was just so slow to react and a great shooting chance was closed down.

Pink hair, bloke should wear a Balaclava for the performances he's put in this season for those wages, but let's blame those who did give a monkeys and try, be it Dykes, Hendricks, Sanderson whoever.
Post match thread on 21:42 - Apr 2 with 824 viewsParkRoyalR

Post match thread on 21:28 - Apr 2 by ManinBlack

To be fair that is what we did last season where we finished on a high after a bad first half to the season. This season is doing the reverse. I did have the feeling it would once injuries set in and the old men Wallace, Adomah, Johanson, Austin etc ran out of gas added to the lack of pace throughout the team. Our fringe players are not good enough to step up when called upon.

You've nailed it there on both counts!
Post match thread on 21:56 - Apr 2 with 764 viewsDamo1962

Post match thread on 20:54 - Apr 2 by soops

Yeah. I do dislike Brentford, but not as much as those other chute. Hope their supporters enjoyed themselves. Might even watch it on MOTD...which hasn't happened for a long time. Is that prick Lineker still doing it?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024