Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage (a) Match Thread 17:13 - Apr 13 with 14101 viewsHullDale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:00 - Apr 15 with 3631 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 16:38 - Apr 15 by 442Dale

Not sure, what was the promise?

Performances better than this crap.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:02 - Apr 15 with 3620 viewsrichfoad32

Maybe the sunny weather had put us in holiday mode but we look like a team who have already mentally jacked it in for the season. Stevenage weren't any better despite being a team supposedly fighting for their lives. They managed to score within about 2 minutes of the restart and that was about it, literally nothing else happened despite the walking heart attack losing his rag at every decision (including the ones that went for him).

Ah well, we've gifted Stevenage and Latics 4 points each this season, so nobody can accuse us of playing favourites.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:11 - Apr 15 with 3471 viewselectricblue

O'Connell in the midfield dont work for me he might be more effective in a more physical midfield.
No urgency to pass the ball forward.
Awful game......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:15 - Apr 15 with 3428 viewsSandyman

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 16:16 - Apr 15 by SandyDrum

Watching the game on a very legal firestick and stuck with the Stevenage comms.

Their commentary team made a comment that they couldn't believe we had 11 men back for the corner because it meant all 11 Stevenage players could go up and attack it.

5 seconds later they score a free header.

Baffles me that, so often, we have every man back when defending a corner with no outlet higher up the pitch.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:17 - Apr 15 with 3391 viewsMass_Debater

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 16:28 - Apr 15 by Dalenet

One shot in first half, go behind and no shots since. Surely we need to get back into the game and give Owdum a chance.

We need to look after ourselves first, thank you very much.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:18 - Apr 15 with 3373 viewsMass_Debater

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 16:41 - Apr 15 by EllDale

Big weekend for Oldham but they’re three points behind Stevenage at the moment.
And they go to Forest Green on Monday whilst Stevenage visit Scunthorpe.

Cheers
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:23 - Apr 15 with 3310 viewsSaxonDale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:15 - Apr 15 by Sandyman

Baffles me that, so often, we have every man back when defending a corner with no outlet higher up the pitch.

Also amazed that a Stevenage player could score a free header from the middle of the box when we had 7 players starting who are primarily defenders.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:32 - Apr 15 with 3222 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:23 - Apr 15 by SaxonDale

Also amazed that a Stevenage player could score a free header from the middle of the box when we had 7 players starting who are primarily defenders.

Pre-match with Leighanne, RS highlighted the need to improve our away performances.....looks like the players did n't care a toss,again.

Await post match drole.
Login to get fewer ads

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:33 - Apr 15 with 3225 viewsrichfoad32

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:11 - Apr 15 by electricblue

O'Connell in the midfield dont work for me he might be more effective in a more physical midfield.
Awful game......

Didn't work for me either. Sprayed a few pretty passes around but far too slow and showed such little inclination to get forward he may as well have been playing centre half. Best to draw a line through this one, the whole team had a collective off day.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:39 - Apr 15 with 3157 viewsnordenblue

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:11 - Apr 15 by electricblue

Awful game......

Hes not a midfielder, square pegs round holes again,
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:41 - Apr 15 with 3119 viewsisitme

If only we had a ball playing young midfielder.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:42 - Apr 15 with 3108 viewsnordenblue

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:15 - Apr 15 by Sandyman

BBM loved doing exactly the same too, staggering really as it just continually pins you in your own half and under even more needless pressure,which wouldn't be so bad if we could actually defend, ultra negative
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:44 - Apr 15 with 3063 viewssince58

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:41 - Apr 15 by isitme

Why young. Any age will do.⚽⚽⚽😀😀😀
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:53 - Apr 15 with 2970 views442Dale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:41 - Apr 15 by isitme

Stockdale mentions they’ll look at whether to recall Brierley from his loan as Broadbent has a hamstring injury which means he’ll be out for the season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:55 - Apr 15 with 2962 viewsJames1980

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 18:08 - Apr 15 with 2855 viewsisitme

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 17:53 - Apr 15 by 442Dale

Stockdale mentions they’ll look at whether to recall Brierley from his loan as Broadbent has a hamstring injury which means he’ll be out for the season.

As it would take something dramatic for us to go down I am not sure what harm it would do to at least give him some game time off the bench for the last four games.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 18:16]
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 18:33 - Apr 15 with 2701 viewsjonahwhereru

Given Evans’s reputation for sides that match his own personality, abrasive and intimidating, and Stevenage are supposed to be scrapping for their lives, I am not sure Brierley was the answer on paper today.
Sure given that Spennymoor are mid table, he has twice been a sub, and he trains with us 3 days a weeks It makes sense to now recall him. If that is possible under the terms. He is more of a Kelly type than any other player we have, and Liam was missing today.
I don’t hold with this “on the beach” mentality. A manager should be able to ginger up those who are playing for a new contract, with a word or two. There are some interesting stats that teams with nothing to play are often prominent in the current form tables at the end of the season.
This side is still in deficit with the fans when it comes to entertainment offered. Now would be a good time to give it a real go. A BBM style 3-3 wouldn’t go a miss.
UTDNFS
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 18:58 - Apr 15 with 2574 viewssince58

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 16:27 - Apr 15 by meeee

Our top goalscorer is Jake Beasley who last played for us on the 18th of Decemeber

Was.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:24 - Apr 15 with 2229 viewsYorkshire_Dale

He needs to get on with the recall then.......don't piss about, there are points to be won.

Give the kid a chance. Charman was frozen out till us lot starting belly-aching about why we had signed him.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:27 - Apr 15 with 2215 views442Dale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:24 - Apr 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

He needs to get on with the recall then.......don't piss about, there are points to be won.

Give the kid a chance. Charman was frozen out till us lot starting belly-aching about why we had signed him.

Nobody on here had any bearing on Stockdale picking him. He came into the starting XI when Campbell got injured.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 21:08 - Apr 15 with 2076 viewsTVOS1907

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:27 - Apr 15 by 442Dale

Nobody on here had any bearing on Stockdale picking him. He came into the starting XI when Campbell got injured.

Don't dazzle him with facts.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 21:34 - Apr 15 with 1964 viewsrich_dale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 21:08 - Apr 15 by TVOS1907

Don't dazzle him with facts.

That was worse even than Crawley or Sutton - so slow and ponderous, really dull to watch. Made more frustrating that we were playing a very poor team. It's fine to show off that we're better footballers than the opposition but what's the plan to score a goal. If we don't keep a clean sheet at the moment we're in trouble, we could have played all day today against a non-league team and not scored. As away fans we want at least a bit of excitement and the ball in the box a lot more, not constant halfway line pretty passing and 70% possession with zero end product. Not sure what we do during training sessions but we need to work on attacking/defending set pieces for a start. Way to easy for the opposition to play against us at the moment. Hope RS can learn some lessons for next season, we're not going to win many games trying to 'outfootball' the opposition.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 21:43 - Apr 15 with 1923 viewsTVOS1907

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 21:34 - Apr 15 by rich_dale

That was worse even than Crawley or Sutton - so slow and ponderous, really dull to watch. Made more frustrating that we were playing a very poor team. It's fine to show off that we're better footballers than the opposition but what's the plan to score a goal. If we don't keep a clean sheet at the moment we're in trouble, we could have played all day today against a non-league team and not scored. As away fans we want at least a bit of excitement and the ball in the box a lot more, not constant halfway line pretty passing and 70% possession with zero end product. Not sure what we do during training sessions but we need to work on attacking/defending set pieces for a start. Way to easy for the opposition to play against us at the moment. Hope RS can learn some lessons for next season, we're not going to win many games trying to 'outfootball' the opposition.

Yes, it was very poor and frustrating. Things need to be better from the off in July/August.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 10:47 - Apr 16 with 1286 viewsBarrowdale

You can wish all you want but it wont get any better. Unfortunately RS has the same BBM mentality. Keep ball, no direct play, boring sideways stuff. No width, everyone defending corners. It’s horrible full and pedestrian. I can understand us not being able to afford the best players and tbh I dont care , but I am sick of the same old methods week in week out. Football is 4, 4 fkin 2 and run at teams. This is purile textbook rubbish
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 11:32 - Apr 16 with 1193 viewsfinberty

Maybe RS is working through the same chapter of the coaching manual that BBM got stuck on. The one that first-generation KH clearly skipped over as producing dull football.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024