Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Ralph brings 09:35 - Apr 22 with 4371 viewsDorsetIan

One thing that's been constant throughout Ralph's time in charge has been the extraordinary inconsistency.

I've come to the conclusion that basically the team/squad we have is really not much better than those we had under Puel, Pellingrino & Hughes and the only difference it that Ralph has a greater ability to lift the team to a higher lever from time to time. You can see how his enthusiasm and positivity alone could do that.

But it can never last because all he is doing is pressing the turbo or nitrous oxide button from time to time - so we get a good performance or a brief run of good performances and then we revert back to our base performance level, which is not that good.

Last night's performance, as were the ones against Watford and Chelsea were as disappointing as anything we watched under those other three managers.

It's the hope that kills.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

What Ralph brings on 13:04 - Apr 24 with 339 viewskingslandstand1

What Ralph brings on 10:49 - Apr 24 by MytchettSaint

All teams change formations though to counter threats. Be it an extra midfielder when you are being overrun in the middle, an extra attacker when you’re chasing a game. Whilst your style of play may be your style of play, you have to be adaptable. Something Ralph it seems fails to grasp.

No matter what style of play the manager wants to play, he has to have the players with the skills to actually play like that. All this playing out from the back and then pressing, how many serious mistakes have we seen at the back that have cost us games with those that we have.
The likes of Stephens who thinks he can play that way (ok, he is now just a squad player, but even as a squad player you should be able to play the way the manager wants), dare I also mention Salisu with his big mistake a game, but he can also get some decent tackles and blocks in so could be forgiven. Valery has now come back in and though didn't see the Burnley game had a mare apparently. Lyanco could become a fans favourite with his willingness, but is he Prem standard? Bednarek is stable enough and also pops in with a goal now and again
Blessings at the back are KWP and Tino, but will they be here next season?
We all know the problems up front playing two Champ players at best and Broja won't be here next season I'm sure
FF starting to hit form, but is that to go in the shop window as no contract at the moment for next season or will we seriously try and keep him or go for the likes of Pope from (hopefully) relegated Burnley
Midfield is ok, but we have to realistically accept right now that we are a bottom half team and without major investment to show ambition from somewhere to be able to attract decent players that can prove Ralph does know what he is doing. He didn't do too badly in the Bundeslige or however you spell it with RB
What Ralph brings on 13:07 - Apr 24 with 339 viewsSaintsforeverj

What Ralph brings on 12:21 - Apr 24 by saint22

I am inclined to agree, think we should have and look at them now, 4 points clear of us!!

I think we need a clear out and new staff, coaches and players in

Will that happen, i doubt it

4 points ahead? It's not surprising is it, considering Newcastle spent 110 million pounds in January, the highest January spenders in the world after their takeover from multi billionaire owners. At a smaller club with less resources, Howe got relegated.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024