Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hughes 07:46 - May 1 with 2153 viewsMytchettSaint

I’ve come to the conclusion he was probably a great manager, let down by the players not trying….. it wasn’t his fault they missed tackles, conceded goals etc etc blah blah blah

Whilst I am taking the p1ss here, what has struck me is that my main memory of his time here is that Swansea game. When Ralph shuffles off our Saints mortal coil, my memories of him will be two 9-0 defeats…

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Mark Hughes on 09:48 - May 1 with 2021 viewsSadoldgit

The thing is we have seen what this team/squad can do against much better teams than Palace. At some point the players have to take responsibility. Maybe Ralph can’t motivate them consistently?Maybe they have overperformed thanks to his input and have recently dropped back to their natural level? Adam Armstrong looks nothing like the player that was scoring goals for fun at Blackburn. Stuart Armstrong looks nothing like the player we know he can be. Broja has gone off the boil. Salisu went through a strange period of looking crap. Tella hasn’t pushed on. Ely is better than he was but is still often ineffectual. Djenepo has not developed into the player we hoped he would. We have two average goalkeepers. Bednarek is probably better being 3rd choice CB. Che Adams seems to be going backwards at the moment. Perhaps it is the fault of the manager and/or the coaching staff, but we know these players can do better, so why aren’t they? It would be good to hear one of them come out and say that we are underperforming and we need to take joint responsibility. Manager and coaches can only do so much. When the players cross that white line it is down to them to perform.
Mark Hughes on 09:53 - May 1 with 2008 viewssaint68

Mark Hughes on 09:48 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

The thing is we have seen what this team/squad can do against much better teams than Palace. At some point the players have to take responsibility. Maybe Ralph can’t motivate them consistently?Maybe they have overperformed thanks to his input and have recently dropped back to their natural level? Adam Armstrong looks nothing like the player that was scoring goals for fun at Blackburn. Stuart Armstrong looks nothing like the player we know he can be. Broja has gone off the boil. Salisu went through a strange period of looking crap. Tella hasn’t pushed on. Ely is better than he was but is still often ineffectual. Djenepo has not developed into the player we hoped he would. We have two average goalkeepers. Bednarek is probably better being 3rd choice CB. Che Adams seems to be going backwards at the moment. Perhaps it is the fault of the manager and/or the coaching staff, but we know these players can do better, so why aren’t they? It would be good to hear one of them come out and say that we are underperforming and we need to take joint responsibility. Manager and coaches can only do so much. When the players cross that white line it is down to them to perform.

They are being poorly managed..the results and heavy defeats indicate that exactly...Ralph has to go.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Mark Hughes on 11:10 - May 1 with 1950 viewsSaintsforeverj

Mark Hughes on 09:53 - May 1 by saint68

They are being poorly managed..the results and heavy defeats indicate that exactly...Ralph has to go.

Perhaps, or maybe as the picture in the other thread of Djenepo shows, perhaps they are more worried about their next pair of head phones, their summer holiday or their next club. Ralph was clearly frustrated in his interview, calling out Broja in particular. He wouldn't do that if Broja was having a hard time. Broja has downed tools on purpose, otherwise why would Ralph mention his name and call him out? And for that at least Ralph is honest. These players today have too much power, and are childish after a bit of criticism.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 11:12]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Mark Hughes on 11:12 - May 1 with 1936 viewsDorsetIan

Hughes managed to get that team performing for the important final games of that season - just like Ralph has sometimes got his teams performing. The start of that following season for Hughes was then dire, but no worse than some of the runs Ralph has lead us through.

I think it’s just the law of diminishing returns. Whatever Ralph has done in the past to get more out of the team just doesn’t have the same impact over and over again.

If he was a tactical genius the case for sticking with Ralph would be stronger. He’s not. He’s average, if not poor, in that department.

Key questions. Are the new owners going to provide the funds to strenghen the squad in the summer (let’s hope so ffs) and if so will they want to give the funds to Ralph?

I suspect he’ll be sacked at the end of the season.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Mark Hughes on 11:14 - May 1 with 1937 viewssaint68

Mark Hughes on 11:10 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

Perhaps, or maybe as the picture in the other thread of Djenepo shows, perhaps they are more worried about their next pair of head phones, their summer holiday or their next club. Ralph was clearly frustrated in his interview, calling out Broja in particular. He wouldn't do that if Broja was having a hard time. Broja has downed tools on purpose, otherwise why would Ralph mention his name and call him out? And for that at least Ralph is honest. These players today have too much power, and are childish after a bit of criticism.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 11:12]

It's a regular ocurence with Ralph in charge...especially with forward playing players....

He obviously is abrasive and out of control, forever berating players in public..sounds just like his namesake at Manchester United...obviously both can't manage properly.

Mark Hughes on 11:27 - May 1 with 1924 viewsSaintsforeverj

Mark Hughes on 11:14 - May 1 by saint68

It's a regular ocurence with Ralph in charge...especially with forward playing players....

He obviously is abrasive and out of control, forever berating players in public..sounds just like his namesake at Manchester United...obviously both can't manage properly.

Man U are the obvious example. JM, Moyes, the Dutch guy, OGS and now this one, all failed (some of those are good managers). How do you explain that?

Maybe the players need to take responsibility for underperforming under every manager they have had? It's similar here perhaps, that players need to start tackling, performing and get on with their job for their 100 grand a week. They are grown men on a lot if money and should perform for the shirt regardless. Would you not agree with that?

Mark Hughes on 11:37 - May 1 with 1917 viewssaint68

Mark Hughes on 11:27 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

Man U are the obvious example. JM, Moyes, the Dutch guy, OGS and now this one, all failed (some of those are good managers). How do you explain that?

Maybe the players need to take responsibility for underperforming under every manager they have had? It's similar here perhaps, that players need to start tackling, performing and get on with their job for their 100 grand a week. They are grown men on a lot if money and should perform for the shirt regardless. Would you not agree with that?

But they aren't are they!

If your boss is all over the place and makes baffling decisions regularly you'd soon think, fuk that!!
And thats where we are at.

Mark Hughes on 11:42 - May 1 with 1909 viewsSaintsforeverj

Mark Hughes on 11:37 - May 1 by saint68

But they aren't are they!

If your boss is all over the place and makes baffling decisions regularly you'd soon think, fuk that!!
And thats where we are at.

I'm not sure you can blame the boss, when we are 1 minute away from a point, and 3 defenders do f@ck all against one striker in the last minute. They didn't tackle, they didn't block, they didn't bother. I don't blame the boss for that, I blame the 3 defenders who should have done their job. They purposefully didn't tackle because of the manager?

But back to my original point, as you can see the point I am making. Were those 5 managers for Man U to blame or are the players lazy over paid sh!ts?
[Post edited 1 May 2022 11:45]

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Hughes on 11:52 - May 1 with 1892 viewssaint68

Mark Hughes on 11:42 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

I'm not sure you can blame the boss, when we are 1 minute away from a point, and 3 defenders do f@ck all against one striker in the last minute. They didn't tackle, they didn't block, they didn't bother. I don't blame the boss for that, I blame the 3 defenders who should have done their job. They purposefully didn't tackle because of the manager?

But back to my original point, as you can see the point I am making. Were those 5 managers for Man U to blame or are the players lazy over paid sh!ts?
[Post edited 1 May 2022 11:45]

99% of footballer are Insanely overpaid coonts these days .on that we can agree

Mark Hughes on 12:04 - May 1 with 1877 viewsSaintsforeverj

Mark Hughes on 11:52 - May 1 by saint68

99% of footballer are Insanely overpaid coonts these days .on that we can agree

Yep totally agree. With that being the case, I can't see much changing under a new manager. We might get a new manager bounce for a few weeks, we might tighten up and not get thrashed so badly, but we would still finish in a similar place in the league if not worse. It hasn't been any different for 50 years. Let's see what happens in the summer and what these new owners are about. Hopefully things will look brighter after some changes in the summer.

Mark Hughes on 12:38 - May 1 with 1837 viewsSadoldgit

Mark Hughes on 12:04 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

Yep totally agree. With that being the case, I can't see much changing under a new manager. We might get a new manager bounce for a few weeks, we might tighten up and not get thrashed so badly, but we would still finish in a similar place in the league if not worse. It hasn't been any different for 50 years. Let's see what happens in the summer and what these new owners are about. Hopefully things will look brighter after some changes in the summer.

Whoever the manager is next season, he will need at least 3 or 4 quality new players to make a significant difference.
Mark Hughes on 17:08 - May 1 with 1738 viewssledger

the players downed tools after he rested most of them for the west ham fa cup game in which lets be honest we were pretty lucky to go through
Mark Hughes on 17:12 - May 1 with 1729 viewssaint68

Mark Hughes on 17:08 - May 1 by sledger

the players downed tools after he rested most of them for the west ham fa cup game in which lets be honest we were pretty lucky to go through

Exactly this.

Mark Hughes on 18:09 - May 1 with 1674 viewsSadoldgit

Mark Hughes on 17:08 - May 1 by sledger

Fortunately they picked their tools up against against Arsenal.
Mark Hughes on 18:24 - May 1 with 1658 viewsBicester_North

Mark Hughes on 18:09 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

Without some magic from Forster we would’ve lost that game, they battered our goal

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Mark Hughes on 18:24 - May 1 with 1656 viewsMytchettSaint

We won that game in a 1-0 battering by them….

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Mark Hughes on 22:10 - May 1 with 1573 viewsSadoldgit

Mark Hughes on 18:24 - May 1 by Bicester_North

Without some magic from Forster we would’ve lost that game, they battered our goal

That’s what he is there for. It is a team game and everyone needs to play their part. Our team won 1-0. Job done.
Mark Hughes on 23:05 - May 1 with 1547 viewsBicester_North

Mark Hughes on 22:10 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

That’s what he is there for. It is a team game and everyone needs to play their part. Our team won 1-0. Job done.

We were lucky to win it, it wasn’t a great performance. Sometimes the keeper plays a blinder. The team as a whole got battered.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Mark Hughes on 16:45 - May 2 with 1356 viewssledger

we stole a goal and arsenal couldnt punch there way out of a paper bag,we nicked a result at home and wasnt this the way to have played against chelsea,ralph got that wrong big time could have been double figures,ralph is a clueless fake
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024