Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
140 years and one cup 21:11 - May 15 with 3897 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Am I going to need to change my name?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

140 years and one cup on 14:09 - May 16 with 1371 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

140 years and one cup on 12:55 - May 16 by TripleNiemi

Careful how you word your replies pal; tripped yourself right up there my little cherub....

Oh, so a one hit wonder is when your team are top of the league for a few days.

An interesting perspective

140 years and one cup on 16:58 - May 16 with 1304 viewsMytchettSaint

140 years and one cup on 12:46 - May 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Oh right, didn't realise you had won the premier league

Neither have you.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

140 years and one cup on 17:08 - May 16 with 1298 views1teeminants

80 years of Shyte and shadows
[Post edited 16 May 2022 17:27]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

140 years and one cup on 10:54 - May 17 with 1180 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

140 years and one cup on 16:58 - May 16 by MytchettSaint

Neither have you.

Of course, when a team won the Premiership it's a totally different competition to what followed ie the premier League, and what preceded it ie the League One Championship

Soothe yourself on that for as long as you like, I suppose

140 years and one cup on 10:59 - May 17 with 1179 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

140 years and one cup on 12:59 - May 16 by Number_58

'88 Years and one new stand'?

Weel, actually the old Fratton End was built in 1956, so that was the last new stand for 31 years until the present Fratton End was built in 96.

Keep up.

Now, of course we will have 2 new stands, the South Stand Lower and the North stand Lower in use during next season

You've not really thought your argument through have you?

140 years and one cup on 15:01 - May 17 with 1137 viewsNumber_58

140 years and one cup on 10:59 - May 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Weel, actually the old Fratton End was built in 1956, so that was the last new stand for 31 years until the present Fratton End was built in 96.

Keep up.

Now, of course we will have 2 new stands, the South Stand Lower and the North stand Lower in use during next season

You've not really thought your argument through have you?

Oh my word, replacing seats now constitutes a 'new stand' does it? Still, I suppose by the standards of your decript old dump, it'll be like moving into the Nou Camp.
140 years and one cup on 15:45 - May 17 with 1123 viewsMytchettSaint

140 years and one cup on 15:01 - May 17 by Number_58

Oh my word, replacing seats now constitutes a 'new stand' does it? Still, I suppose by the standards of your decript old dump, it'll be like moving into the Nou Camp.

They can’t help themselves. Forever Portsmyth.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

140 years and one cup on 17:17 - May 17 with 1067 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

140 years and one cup on 15:01 - May 17 by Number_58

It's not just replacement of seats though is it? Like I say, you've not thought your 'argument' through have you

Login to get fewer ads

140 years and one cup on 23:05 - May 17 with 1031 viewsNumber_58

140 years and one cup on 17:17 - May 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

It's not just replacement of seats though is it? Like I say, you've not thought your 'argument' through have you

So then Archibald Leitch, what else constitutes a 'new stand'? New teapot in the tea hut? A new disinfectant block in the toilet?
140 years and one cup on 11:12 - May 18 with 966 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

140 years and one cup on 23:05 - May 17 by Number_58

So then Archibald Leitch, what else constitutes a 'new stand'? New teapot in the tea hut? A new disinfectant block in the toilet?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouths-south-stan

You do realise that it is actually a Leitch Stand

140 years and one cup on 11:18 - May 18 with 950 viewsHeisenberg

140 years and one cup on 11:12 - May 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouths-south-stan

It sounds like the stuff we were doing with the Dell for years. Tinkering around with an old ground that, despite its history, has had its day. If you want to progress you will have to build a soulless bowl like lots of other clubs. Sad demise of the old traditional grounds but they are no longer fit for purpose.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

140 years and one cup on 11:25 - May 18 with 945 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

140 years and one cup on 11:18 - May 18 by Heisenberg

It sounds like the stuff we were doing with the Dell for years. Tinkering around with an old ground that, despite its history, has had its day. If you want to progress you will have to build a soulless bowl like lots of other clubs. Sad demise of the old traditional grounds but they are no longer fit for purpose.

The dell never had the space, and IMO the best grounds in the land are those that did and have expanded creatively giving an old and new feel. FP will be Ok, but certainly not top draw old and new.

140 years and one cup on 11:33 - May 18 with 923 viewsNumber_58

140 years and one cup on 11:12 - May 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Of course I knew that. Ironically, your South Stand is almost identical to our old West Stand (also designed by the great man) at The Dell. But the thing is, many, many years ago we realised that the stand, much like the rest of the ground, was just too old and knackered to be fit for purpose in this modern age. The leg room was awful, the sightlines were poor and it was a fire hazard. I guess if we'd been a lowly third division side with little hope of playing at a higher level it would have been fine, but you know...
140 years and one cup on 11:38 - May 18 with 906 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

140 years and one cup on 11:33 - May 18 by Number_58

Of course I knew that. Ironically, your South Stand is almost identical to our old West Stand (also designed by the great man) at The Dell. But the thing is, many, many years ago we realised that the stand, much like the rest of the ground, was just too old and knackered to be fit for purpose in this modern age. The leg room was awful, the sightlines were poor and it was a fire hazard. I guess if we'd been a lowly third division side with little hope of playing at a higher level it would have been fine, but you know...

LOL, no you never had the space, which ironically gave you a very good home record due to players hating having the fans right on top of them. Ironically, your move to a shiny new stadium will forever mean you will struggle to cement another trophy over the next decade or two. A true story.

140 years and one cup on 13:05 - May 18 with 869 viewsNumber_58

140 years and one cup on 11:38 - May 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

LOL, no you never had the space, which ironically gave you a very good home record due to players hating having the fans right on top of them. Ironically, your move to a shiny new stadium will forever mean you will struggle to cement another trophy over the next decade or two. A true story.

Come on, back to the subject in hand: your two 'new stands'. So you're adding a few new seats to the decrepit old North Stand, and a few new seats and a TV gangtry to the really decrepit old South Stand and that's 'new stands' is it? Is that what they're telling you down there? I might pop out to the local garden centre on Saturday to buy myself a new bench and invite everyone round to see my new stand.
140 years and one cup on 15:29 - May 20 with 732 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

140 years and one cup on 13:05 - May 18 by Number_58

Come on, back to the subject in hand: your two 'new stands'. So you're adding a few new seats to the decrepit old North Stand, and a few new seats and a TV gangtry to the really decrepit old South Stand and that's 'new stands' is it? Is that what they're telling you down there? I might pop out to the local garden centre on Saturday to buy myself a new bench and invite everyone round to see my new stand.

The lower part of of the new north is a new superstructure, and obs had new seats. The idea being that when the club decide to expand this stand, they will rip the old upper out, and attach it to the new lower structure. So, if that happens in say 5 years time, the upper bit will be brand new, and the lower bit will be 5 years old.

The lower part of the south stand is completely new structure, and will mean that stand is one continuous tier. The upper part, being a Leitch will be staying put.

140 years and one cup on 15:40 - May 20 with 726 viewssaints__fan__73

140 years and one cup on 15:29 - May 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The lower part of of the new north is a new superstructure, and obs had new seats. The idea being that when the club decide to expand this stand, they will rip the old upper out, and attach it to the new lower structure. So, if that happens in say 5 years time, the upper bit will be brand new, and the lower bit will be 5 years old.

The lower part of the south stand is completely new structure, and will mean that stand is one continuous tier. The upper part, being a Leitch will be staying put.

I think a new 'superstructure' could be done under the Trade's Description act tbf.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024