Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dirk in mourning 11:44 - Jun 8 with 1217 viewssaints__fan__73

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Dirk in mourning on 11:51 - Jun 8 with 1199 viewsdirk_doone

I'm a pragmatist. If we sign Nick Pope and McCarthy never plays for our first team again, we'll cope OK.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Dirk in mourning on 11:57 - Jun 8 with 1184 viewssaints__fan__73

Dirk in mourning on 11:51 - Jun 8 by dirk_doone

I'm a pragmatist. If we sign Nick Pope and McCarthy never plays for our first team again, we'll cope OK.

I'd take Pope playing in the league and McCarthy in the cups tbf.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Dirk in mourning on 13:55 - Jun 8 with 1049 viewsBicester_North

Dirk in mourning on 11:57 - Jun 8 by saints__fan__73

I'd take Pope playing in the league and McCarthy in the cups tbf.

I wouldn’t. The cups need our strongest team out if we aren’t playing lower league opponents.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 13:56]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Dirk in mourning on 14:08 - Jun 8 with 1034 viewsElijahK

Well at least that one majorly overpaid player gone now! Although if we don’t get Pope, or another keeper with PL experience, then it could just be the same issues yet again.
Still for his quality and how much he was getting paid I’m happy we’ve let him go, as he was better than McCarthy in the end, but he’s still not good enough for the prem, and other than a few early EFL/FA Cup games, won’t be playing much whatsoever for spurs, and has just gone for the money (which is exactly why he didn’t sign for us). But hopefully whoever we get in to replace him can finally be of PL quality, as it’s been a very long time since we last had a real great keeper in goal.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Dirk in mourning on 15:46 - Jun 8 with 953 views1885_SFC

Give Pope the £70K Forster was on per week plus another £30K a week on top of that. Don't stop to think about it Saints. Don't do your usual dithering, pissing, f@cking around. Get on the phone to Burnley ASAP and get him signed before someone else does. We've had sh1t keepers for far too long & everyone knows a keeper like Pope will save us several points in a season - every season.

For once Saints... just once... impress/startle me.

Old School is Cool

Dirk in mourning on 16:00 - Jun 8 with 941 views1teeminants

Dirk in mourning on 15:46 - Jun 8 by 1885_SFC

Give Pope the £70K Forster was on per week plus another £30K a week on top of that. Don't stop to think about it Saints. Don't do your usual dithering, pissing, f@cking around. Get on the phone to Burnley ASAP and get him signed before someone else does. We've had sh1t keepers for far too long & everyone knows a keeper like Pope will save us several points in a season - every season.

For once Saints... just once... impress/startle me.

I wouldn’t hold your breath mate. lol

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Dirk in mourning on 16:05 - Jun 8 with 936 views1885_SFC

Dirk in mourning on 16:00 - Jun 8 by 1teeminants

I wouldn’t hold your breath mate. lol

Don't worry mate, I won't!

Reading between the lines, it looks like McCarthy will be first choice next season with two, new young keepers also coming in - that Polish lad & the one on loan at Pompey last season.

I don't think I'll be too far off the mark... worryingly.

Old School is Cool

Dirk in mourning on 20:39 - Jun 8 with 827 viewsTripleNiemi

Dirk in mourning on 14:08 - Jun 8 by ElijahK

Well at least that one majorly overpaid player gone now! Although if we don’t get Pope, or another keeper with PL experience, then it could just be the same issues yet again.
Still for his quality and how much he was getting paid I’m happy we’ve let him go, as he was better than McCarthy in the end, but he’s still not good enough for the prem, and other than a few early EFL/FA Cup games, won’t be playing much whatsoever for spurs, and has just gone for the money (which is exactly why he didn’t sign for us). But hopefully whoever we get in to replace him can finally be of PL quality, as it’s been a very long time since we last had a real great keeper in goal.

Not good enough for the PL...seriously, you think he was that bad?!?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Dirk in mourning on 20:57 - Jun 8 with 812 viewsElijahK

Dirk in mourning on 20:39 - Jun 8 by TripleNiemi

Not good enough for the PL...seriously, you think he was that bad?!?

Yeah I do, as there’s only 2 main team keepers in the league that I’d see play (whether that’s live or on MOTD/highlights) who were as poor/messed up as often as he did, and both of those teams almost/did go down this season.
As it’s only the Leeds and Norwich keepers that were worse than him. As yeah he was definitely better than McCarthy, but he still wasn’t PL quality. As yeah he had the great games against spurs and arsenal at home, but he also had the appalling ones like wolves and one of (or maybe both as I just can’t remember which) Brentford or Villa away. As in his average game, he’d pull of most saved that you’d expect him to, but he’d pull of great saves as much as he’d mess up, and seeing how his distribution was woeful and he’d very rarely come out, he had no real strengths, whilst all the top keepers have at least one think they’re just great at.

As the fact that some people have even said that he’s the reason why we’ve stayed up, just sums up of how long it’s been since we had a top quality keeper here. As I’m certain that if we’d had Pope or Henderson before Forster started playing again, no one would rate him anywhere near as highly as they do. It’s just people rate him highly as he’s less sh*te than most of the keepers we’ve recently had, but at the end of the day he’s not PL quality, which is what we need next season if we don’t wanna be dragged into the relegation scrap (although that could actually make the games a bit more interesting/entertaining).

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024