Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women’s Euros 12:02 - Jul 6 with 16610 viewskel

Anyone going to be watching it? Quick straw poll at work suggests people aren’t interested but I’ll take some of the games in. The standard has improved in the last few years (apart from a few teams) imo and it’s a football fix until the season starts.
Women’s Euros on 20:54 - Jul 26 with 3074 viewsTomRAFC

Two bits of info from the stadium.

One, the Henderson's relish sausage roll at Bramall Lane is damn good (I'm normally a Lea and Perrin's man).

Two, the Sheffield Wednesday fan behind me is one of the most miserable pricks I've ever heard.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Women’s Euros on 21:07 - Jul 26 with 3032 viewsHullDale

Two nil up.
Women’s Euros on 21:29 - Jul 26 with 2977 viewsdale1968

3-0 With the cheekiest back heel straight through the keepers legs....

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Women’s Euros on 21:38 - Jul 26 with 2946 viewsdale1968

4-0

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Women’s Euros on 21:40 - Jul 26 with 2940 viewssince58

Brilliant performance girls well done.
Looking forward to the final.
Women’s Euros on 21:40 - Jul 26 with 2939 viewsonedalefan

Women’s Euros on 21:38 - Jul 26 by dale1968

4-0

Anyone know what odds you would have got this score?
Women’s Euros on 21:49 - Jul 26 with 2906 viewskel

Women’s Euros on 13:08 - Jul 26 by TomRAFC

I'm feeling much the same. Sweden are a good side and England still aren't 100% familiar with the system they're playing. Don't think either side is a nailed on favourite but it's definitely the toughest game yet.

I'll be there tonight and at Wembley for the final.

How wrong we were, that was superb.

Enjoy the final, mate.
Women’s Euros on 22:07 - Jul 26 with 2847 viewsD_Alien

I'm loving how strong we become as the game unfolds, including a tactical masterclass (mistressclass?) in the use of substitutes

Our starts are a bit nail-biting but if that's the price we pay for the overall performances i'll take it, although i'm sure it's something Wiegman will be emphasising for the final

For anyone to beat our lionesses, they'll have to play out of their skin and some more

I hope Southgate's watching too. I'm pretty sure Wiegman could manage at a very high level in the men's game
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 22:08]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Women’s Euros on 00:44 - Jul 27 with 2701 viewsTomRAFC

Women’s Euros on 21:49 - Jul 26 by kel

How wrong we were, that was superb.

Enjoy the final, mate.

Happy to eat my words with a big grin on my face, although that's partly due to the sausage roll.

Great performance and a thoroughly deserved place in the final. Really looking forward to it.

Women’s Euros on 01:32 - Jul 27 with 2686 viewsSandyman

Worth a mention how well goalkeeper Mary Earps has played for England in this tournament so far. She's kept us in it when we were defending poorly, only conceded 1 goal, and made an absolute worldy of a save last night (watch the footage from about 2:10)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62286243
Women’s Euros on 11:16 - Jul 27 with 2389 viewsDaleiLama

Women’s Euros on 00:44 - Jul 27 by TomRAFC

Happy to eat my words with a big grin on my face, although that's partly due to the sausage roll.

Great performance and a thoroughly deserved place in the final. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the "in-stadium" view. Following on from DA's gender confusion above ( ) I did wonder what was shouted for "man on" at Sheffield as I shouted it a few times at the tv in error. What is the correct call?

Brilliant game for you to be at live - football and atmosphere - put the men slightly to shame. Got a mate who won't watch it because the "physicality" of challenges is missing, but last night those girls busted a gut to compete, never gave up on a 50:50 ball, never stopped pushing forward and it was thoroughly entertaining from start to finish, even when we were under the cosh.

Technically, the finish by Stanway last game and Mead last night were top drawer. Can't wait for the final now and I agree with Wrighty, even if we lose, we have still won. Brilliant example set.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Women’s Euros on 11:42 - Jul 27 with 2341 viewskel

Women’s Euros on 01:32 - Jul 27 by Sandyman

Worth a mention how well goalkeeper Mary Earps has played for England in this tournament so far. She's kept us in it when we were defending poorly, only conceded 1 goal, and made an absolute worldy of a save last night (watch the footage from about 2:10)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62286243

Saw someone on Twitter earlier who suggested he won’t watch women’s football while the “keepers are so poor”.

Never going to win with folk like that.
Women’s Euros on 11:45 - Jul 27 with 2324 viewsD_Alien

Women’s Euros on 11:16 - Jul 27 by DaleiLama

Thanks for the "in-stadium" view. Following on from DA's gender confusion above ( ) I did wonder what was shouted for "man on" at Sheffield as I shouted it a few times at the tv in error. What is the correct call?

Brilliant game for you to be at live - football and atmosphere - put the men slightly to shame. Got a mate who won't watch it because the "physicality" of challenges is missing, but last night those girls busted a gut to compete, never gave up on a 50:50 ball, never stopped pushing forward and it was thoroughly entertaining from start to finish, even when we were under the cosh.

Technically, the finish by Stanway last game and Mead last night were top drawer. Can't wait for the final now and I agree with Wrighty, even if we lose, we have still won. Brilliant example set.

Always better to have gender confusion above, than below...

Edit: and just to add about the keeper discussion: apart from a brilliant save at a vital moment in the second half and her refusal to be beaten early doors which gave us the chance to grow into the game, her overall handling and distribution is as good as could possibly be asked for. Having said that, she'll probably drop a clanger now at Wembley (my fault!)

Further edit: and with a name like that, she'll probably be great in a penalty shoot-out...

[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 11:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Women’s Euros on 12:33 - Jul 27 with 2259 viewsDaleiLama

Women’s Euros on 11:42 - Jul 27 by kel

Saw someone on Twitter earlier who suggested he won’t watch women’s football while the “keepers are so poor”.

Never going to win with folk like that.

You might like to send him this link?

"Fewer errors than the men: The truth about women’s goalkeepers"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/07/19/womens-euros-2022-goalkeeping-go

Women’s Euros on 22:06 - Jul 27 with 2026 viewsrochedale

Good to see Rochdale girl Keira Walsh getting a lot of praise, she’s had an awesome tournament.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Women’s Euros on 22:43 - Jul 27 with 1988 viewsTomRAFC

Women’s Euros on 11:16 - Jul 27 by DaleiLama

I have been informed that "Man on" is used just the same!

Your mate clearly hadn't watched any in the first place, the women's game is plenty physical. Cup finals and international games aside, most of the matches are played on pitches ranging from nice stadiums to training pitches that would make Bowlee blush. There's skill, passion, shin kicking, swearing, all the usual.

What's been noticeable about this tournament is the amount of people who have stopped talking about the women's game as if it's a novelty. Hopefully there'll be kids watching who want to play and come to watch their local teams.

Women’s Euros on 14:29 - Jul 31 with 1700 viewsTomRAFC

Well, the big day is here.

Any other Dale fans off to the match?

Best of luck to the Lionesses. I daren't predict the result but I've no doubt they'll do us proud eitherway!

Women’s Euros on 15:33 - Jul 31 with 1594 viewsDaleiLama

Women’s Euros on 14:29 - Jul 31 by TomRAFC

Best of luck to the Lionesses. I daren't predict the result but I've no doubt they'll do us proud eitherway!

Watching the first half of Utd friendly on telly then switching over for Lionesses! My g/f and most of her family are reds, but she was on bucket collection duty with me yesterday at Spotland and she was in the away end to watch the Matthewson (sic) goal at OT. We'd both rather watch the Wembley tie than Utd today.

Enjoy the game - wish I was there ...... atmosphere should be brilliant. Well done to the beeb for making young 8yr old Tess Dolan their guest too. ⚽️'s coming home.

Women’s Euros on 15:56 - Jul 31 with 1581 viewskel

Women’s Euros on 14:29 - Jul 31 by TomRAFC

Really looking forward to it. I’m pretty confident we can come away as winners too which is something I rarely feel when watching football.

Have a great day and hope you get to see us lift that trophy. Will be great for all football in this country and not just Women’s.
Women’s Euros on 18:02 - Jul 31 with 1429 viewsTomRAFC

After the cracking sausage roll at Bramall Lane, I should say I had breakfast this morning at Pollo 24hr cafe, across from Liverpool Street station. Try and get there whenever I'm in London, always a good feed.

Packed Wembley, atmosphere is great. Some of the ref's decisions look very bizarre from here!

We should definitely have taken the lead by now.

Women’s Euros on 18:20 - Jul 31 with 1396 viewsDaleiLama

Tooooooooone

Women’s Euros on 18:21 - Jul 31 with 1395 viewskel

Great finish.

Come on!
Women’s Euros on 18:22 - Jul 31 with 1394 viewsDaleiLama

Women’s Euros on 18:02 - Jul 31 by TomRAFC

After the cracking sausage roll at Bramall Lane, I should say I had breakfast this morning at Pollo 24hr cafe, across from Liverpool Street station. Try and get there whenever I'm in London, always a good feed.

Packed Wembley, atmosphere is great. Some of the ref's decisions look very bizarre from here!

We should definitely have taken the lead by now.

Refs' decisions no less perplexing on tv 😒

Women’s Euros on 18:40 - Jul 31 with 1353 viewsNigeriamark

Women’s Euros on 18:22 - Jul 31 by DaleiLama

Refs' decisions no less perplexing on tv 😒

Nooooo ! 1-1

Brilliant move in fairness & also a great finish.
Women’s Euros on 18:42 - Jul 31 with 1346 viewsDaleiLama

Women’s Euros on 18:40 - Jul 31 by Nigeriamark

Nooooo ! 1-1

Brilliant move in fairness & also a great finish.

Not the first time we've looked vulnerable at LB. Where've I heard that before?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024