Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon walks again 19:38 - Jul 20 with 3673 viewsvetchonian

I see Leon has stepped down from his academy rolq

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Leon walks again on 19:46 - Jul 20 with 2841 viewsKeithHaynes

Seems to think he can come back as and when he likes.

“I’m naturally disappointed to be stepping down from this role,” said Britton, who enjoyed a 16-year playing career with the club that amassed 537 appearances.

“But I want to spend more quality time with my family and step away from a football environment, which is always so demanding and time consuming.

“Football has been my life for the best part of 30-odd years and I feel it is the right time to focus on the things that are most important in my life.

“I love the game, everyone knows I love this club and I’ve really enjoyed spending time with our young players as well as helping Kris (O’Leary) and Wrighty (Anthony Wright) with coaching and developing the players.

“We have some really talented youngsters in our academy and you can already see that Russell Martin is willing to give players a chance at first-team level, which is great to see. I’m really looking forward to watching on as a supporter and keeping a close eye on their progress.

“I’d like to thank the club for giving me the opportunity, and I will be keeping in touch with everyone and I hope I can come back in some capacity sometime in the future.’’

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Leon walks again on 20:10 - Jul 20 with 2767 viewsNotLoyal

Leon walks again on 19:46 - Jul 20 by KeithHaynes

Seems to think he can come back as and when he likes.

“I’m naturally disappointed to be stepping down from this role,” said Britton, who enjoyed a 16-year playing career with the club that amassed 537 appearances.

“But I want to spend more quality time with my family and step away from a football environment, which is always so demanding and time consuming.

“Football has been my life for the best part of 30-odd years and I feel it is the right time to focus on the things that are most important in my life.

“I love the game, everyone knows I love this club and I’ve really enjoyed spending time with our young players as well as helping Kris (O’Leary) and Wrighty (Anthony Wright) with coaching and developing the players.

“We have some really talented youngsters in our academy and you can already see that Russell Martin is willing to give players a chance at first-team level, which is great to see. I’m really looking forward to watching on as a supporter and keeping a close eye on their progress.

“I’d like to thank the club for giving me the opportunity, and I will be keeping in touch with everyone and I hope I can come back in some capacity sometime in the future.’’

A proper job would drive him mad 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Leon walks again on 20:10 - Jul 20 with 2763 viewsjasper_T

Some players are serious about going into coaching. Others aren't. Won't stop his name being brought up next time there's a serious job going, though.
Leon walks again on 21:11 - Jul 20 with 2666 viewsJohnw102

Is there a story behind the story?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Leon walks again on 21:41 - Jul 20 with 2615 viewsWhiterockin

Leon walks again on 21:11 - Jul 20 by Johnw102

Is there a story behind the story?

Yes he's wealthy enough not to have to work.
Leon walks again on 21:43 - Jul 20 with 2611 viewsFireboy2

Leon walks again on 20:10 - Jul 20 by jasper_T

Some players are serious about going into coaching. Others aren't. Won't stop his name being brought up next time there's a serious job going, though.

All I can say that in my experience i managed to see alot of my boys early years and if I was comfortable financially enough to stop working to bring them up I would do it in a flash.

You never know after his kids have grown a bit he might venture back into coaching.
Leon walks again on 21:48 - Jul 20 with 2593 viewsguthrieintherain

Leon walks again on 21:43 - Jul 20 by Fireboy2

All I can say that in my experience i managed to see alot of my boys early years and if I was comfortable financially enough to stop working to bring them up I would do it in a flash.

You never know after his kids have grown a bit he might venture back into coaching.

Its hardly like a real job though but I suppose if you are loaded you can do what you like very nice position to be in.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 21:49]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Leon walks again on 21:55 - Jul 20 with 2563 viewsFireboy2

Leon walks again on 21:48 - Jul 20 by guthrieintherain

Its hardly like a real job though but I suppose if you are loaded you can do what you like very nice position to be in.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 21:49]

Innit.
Login to get fewer ads

Leon walks again on 21:58 - Jul 20 with 2552 viewsReslovenSwan1

Another that cannot adapt to the rigorous demands of Martinball perhaps?.

Williams philosophical differences, Allen gone for bringing the wrong sort of player, Britton not buying into the Martin mantra 100% perhaps?. "We never did it like this under Brendan". Brendan?

Why would he be disappointed to leave if it was 100% his own decision?.

"Welcome to Wengerworld". No bananas after Tuesday Afternoon 15:00 hours.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Leon walks again on 21:59 - Jul 20 with 2545 viewsWhiterockin

Leon walks again on 21:58 - Jul 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Williams philosophical differences, Allen gone for bringing the wrong sort of player, Britton not buying into the Martin mantra 100% perhaps?. "We never did it like this under Brendan". Brendan?

Talk about 2+2=5
Leon walks again on 22:01 - Jul 20 with 2534 viewsFireboy2

Leon walks again on 21:59 - Jul 20 by Whiterockin

Talk about 2+2=5

Unbelievable isn't it 😳
Leon walks again on 22:15 - Jul 20 with 2479 viewsjasper_T

Leon walks again on 21:58 - Jul 20 by ReslovenSwan1

More likely someone looked at the player registrations and asked "Why is there an almost-40 year old in the u21s?" and "What's a player mentor supposed to be? Do other clubs employ them?"

Hopefully we use the saving on wages to employ a qualified and passionate u21s management team to replace O'Leary.
Leon walks again on 22:23 - Jul 20 with 2466 viewsReslovenSwan1

Leon walks again on 22:01 - Jul 20 by Fireboy2

Unbelievable isn't it 😳

1+1+1 =3 in 1 year. There may be a pattern forming. "Just putting it out there" as they say. The stuff great forums are made of. Kindly offered for consideration.

Unheralded coach comes in from the wilderness of Carmarthen Town and immediately buys in to the methods and Calderwood lined up and mysteriously withdrawn.

I am sensing 'Wengerworld'. He was incidentally a very successful manager for around 20 years.

“I’m naturally disappointed to be stepping down from this role.” This means he was pushed.

I remember Nigel Mansell wanting to spend time with his family. $1m extra from Ferrari and he was back 3 weeks later.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 22:26]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Leon walks again on 22:36 - Jul 20 with 2428 viewsBoundy

Leon walks again on 22:23 - Jul 20 by ReslovenSwan1

1+1+1 =3 in 1 year. There may be a pattern forming. "Just putting it out there" as they say. The stuff great forums are made of. Kindly offered for consideration.

Unheralded coach comes in from the wilderness of Carmarthen Town and immediately buys in to the methods and Calderwood lined up and mysteriously withdrawn.

I am sensing 'Wengerworld'. He was incidentally a very successful manager for around 20 years.

“I’m naturally disappointed to be stepping down from this role.” This means he was pushed.

I remember Nigel Mansell wanting to spend time with his family. $1m extra from Ferrari and he was back 3 weeks later.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 22:26]

“I’m naturally disappointed to be stepping down from this role.” This means he was pushed ". no it doesn't, I'm disappointed I finished with a previous employer but I did it for various reasons which superseded my enjoyment of my work there

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Leon walks again on 23:16 - Jul 20 with 2349 viewsSTID2017

Leon walks again on 20:10 - Jul 20 by NotLoyal

A proper job would drive him mad 😂

Same here.
Can't be doing with a proper job anymore.
Gets in the way of life

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Leon walks again on 23:18 - Jul 20 with 2346 viewsSTID2017

Leon walks again on 21:55 - Jul 20 by Fireboy2

Innit.

Sure Guthrie wasn't talking about you Ed ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Leon walks again on 07:27 - Jul 21 with 2188 viewsPawelAbbott

It sounds like he was away from home with training camps and matches, missed most weekends with the family etc. And the money for him was probably not worth it. Compared with what he has earned it was probably peanuts.
Better to have the time with the family if he can as he will never get that chance again
Leon walks again on 07:30 - Jul 21 with 2180 viewsWhiterockin

Leon walks again on 07:27 - Jul 21 by PawelAbbott

It sounds like he was away from home with training camps and matches, missed most weekends with the family etc. And the money for him was probably not worth it. Compared with what he has earned it was probably peanuts.
Better to have the time with the family if he can as he will never get that chance again

Pretty much how I see it.
Leon walks again on 08:15 - Jul 21 with 2119 viewsKeithHaynes

Leon walks again on 07:27 - Jul 21 by PawelAbbott

Could be, and in a handsome position to do it I would think.
No regrets.

Leon walks again on 08:44 - Jul 21 with 2054 viewsonehunglow

He was a great former player

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Leon walks again on 08:54 - Jul 21 with 2037 viewsKeithHaynes

Leon walks again on 08:44 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

He was a great former player

One of our best.
But not with any real desire or commitment off the pitch, which is fine, domestic situations are varied and personal to everyone.

Leon walks again on 08:56 - Jul 21 with 2031 viewsonehunglow

Leon walks again on 08:54 - Jul 21 by KeithHaynes

One of our best.
But not with any real desire or commitment off the pitch, which is fine, domestic situations are varied and personal to everyone.

As I said .

Leon walks again on 10:56 - Jul 21 with 1946 viewsCatullus

Leon walks again on 21:43 - Jul 20 by Fireboy2

I was medically retired when my son was 3 and my wife went back to work full time, I was a stay at home Dad until last year. They were great years, me and my son are very close. If I was in Leon's position I wouldn't work.

he can't just come and go as he pleases though

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Leon walks again on 11:08 - Jul 21 with 1932 viewsonehunglow

Leon walks again on 10:56 - Jul 21 by Catullus

I was medically retired when my son was 3 and my wife went back to work full time, I was a stay at home Dad until last year. They were great years, me and my son are very close. If I was in Leon's position I wouldn't work.

he can't just come and go as he pleases though

That a helluvaread ,Cat.
I worked many unsocial hours and my lad and me and not really that close

Leon walks again on 11:35 - Jul 21 with 1915 viewsjohnlangy

Leon walks again on 07:30 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin

Pretty much how I see it.

Exactly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024