Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement from the Board 16:02 - Jul 27 with 11485 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/july/statement_27.07.22/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Statement from the Board on 22:49 - Jul 28 with 759 viewsDalenet

Statement from the Board on 16:42 - Jul 28 by 49thseason

When you consider what Hornets have been getting for £11k per season you realise that they are probably only still in existance because the AFC has been effectively sponsoring them all these years.

11K is less than £1 per spectator per season and when you realise this covers pitch maintenance, changing rooms cleaning, hot water, electricity, floodlights, bar staff, heating, a shop, a ticket office, post match cleaning, referees facilities, telephone lines, parking spaces, turnstiles, business rates, water rates, insurance, etc etc.

Put simply without RAFC underwriting them to the tune of 10s of thousands if not 100s of thousands, Hornets would be playing on Firgrove by now. As with all these sorts of arrangements, eventually something has to give, perhaps it just has. And I dont necessarily blame Hornets, the Rugby League has to bear some of the responsibility for the state of the game at all but the highest levels.

If I was in charge of running a League 1 Rugby League club I would be furious to find out that there is no level playing field. How can clubs that need to run their own stadiums compete with Rochdale Hornets that pay next to nothing. I would imagine there are digs and challenges going on right across the rugby league world right now
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 13:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024