Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbie out. (n/t) 15:34 - Jul 30 with 30844 viewsRafc3

Poll: Stockdale: IN or OUT

Robbie out. (n/t) on 12:30 - Aug 15 with 3936 viewsAtThePeake

Robbie out. (n/t) on 11:04 - Aug 15 by James1980

If only Robbie had taken heed of the 71 page dossier painstakingly put together by a fan and signed the suggested first choice signings for each position.

Although at least they had suggestions for signings rather than just offering up insults for the recruitment
[Post edited 15 Aug 2022 11:07]

He actually did sign 5 of the players outlined in that dossier

Tangled up in blue.

Robbie out. (n/t) on 12:37 - Aug 15 with 3886 viewsJames1980

Robbie out. (n/t) on 12:30 - Aug 15 by AtThePeake

He actually did sign 5 of the players outlined in that dossier

But only two of the 'recommended signings'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Robbie out. (n/t) on 14:04 - Aug 15 with 3690 viewsgolfaduffy

Robbie out. (n/t) on 11:13 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

Like Grimsby?

They are a loyal and vocal fanbase, and took 5 times what we would to most away games whilst increasing their average home attendances in non league. Had Saturdays fixtures been reversed, I doubt we would ave taken more than 300 there.

I really think we would struggle in non league should we get relegated. Out town doesn't back sport I'm afraid.

Jury is very much out on Robbie as manager. We played very well for 35 minutes...but didn't score when we should ave. The lack of central midfield subs when Ball was knackerd second half was very poor. It gave them the space to dominate us second half, and eventually, our poor marking cost us yet again. These are basic mistakes at any level.
Robbie out. (n/t) on 14:10 - Aug 15 with 3664 viewsTVOS1907

Robbie out. (n/t) on 14:04 - Aug 15 by golfaduffy

They are a loyal and vocal fanbase, and took 5 times what we would to most away games whilst increasing their average home attendances in non league. Had Saturdays fixtures been reversed, I doubt we would ave taken more than 300 there.

I really think we would struggle in non league should we get relegated. Out town doesn't back sport I'm afraid.

Jury is very much out on Robbie as manager. We played very well for 35 minutes...but didn't score when we should ave. The lack of central midfield subs when Ball was knackerd second half was very poor. It gave them the space to dominate us second half, and eventually, our poor marking cost us yet again. These are basic mistakes at any level.

Absolutely and agree with all that, but BB didn't refer to the size of their fanbase.

While's he's right that the clubs with the best financial backing are likely to do better in the National League (and in any league), it's not guaranteed. Look at Wrexham, for example.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Robbie out. (n/t) on 18:35 - Aug 15 with 3383 views49thseason

Robbie out. (n/t) on 14:10 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

Absolutely and agree with all that, but BB didn't refer to the size of their fanbase.

While's he's right that the clubs with the best financial backing are likely to do better in the National League (and in any league), it's not guaranteed. Look at Wrexham, for example.

Its not as if they have United, City and Burnley on their doorstep is it? Hull (over the bridge) and Lincoln, Scunny and Doncaster will hardly set Grimsby pulses racing will they?.
Robbie out. (n/t) on 19:03 - Aug 15 with 3305 viewsDaleiLama

Robbie out. (n/t) on 18:35 - Aug 15 by 49thseason

Its not as if they have United, City and Burnley on their doorstep is it? Hull (over the bridge) and Lincoln, Scunny and Doncaster will hardly set Grimsby pulses racing will they?.

Lincoln and the cod heads hate each other. With a passion.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Robbie out. (n/t) on 20:52 - Aug 16 with 2940 viewsRafc3

Well it looks like I was right from 45 minutes into the season with stockdale out.

Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:06 - Aug 16 with 2868 viewskel

Robbie out. (n/t) on 20:52 - Aug 16 by Rafc3

Well it looks like I was right from 45 minutes into the season with stockdale out.

Bully for you.
Login to get fewer ads

Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:10 - Aug 16 with 2845 views442Dale

Robbie out. (n/t) on 20:52 - Aug 16 by Rafc3

Does that win a prize?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:17 - Aug 16 with 2778 viewsRafc3

Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:10 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

Does that win a prize?

Just shows how clueless everyone is. He’s been awful since last Christmas tactics never change one good game in 5. Shocking.

Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:22 - Aug 16 with 2747 viewsnordenblue

Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:17 - Aug 16 by Rafc3

Just shows how clueless everyone is. He’s been awful since last Christmas tactics never change one good game in 5. Shocking.

If you call being rational and giving people a fair chance you can put me in the "clueless" bracket if you would 👍
Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:23 - Aug 16 with 2725 views442Dale

Who is everyone? All the fair minded Dale fans who have watched the side and football for many years?

All clueless, or able to post based on what they see?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:27 - Aug 16 with 2692 viewskel

Who would you bring in? How would you set the team up? Which tactics would you use? How would you nullify the threat of other teams?

I’m clueless so have no idea. Over to you.
Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:52 - Aug 16 with 2536 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Time to go. If he had any dignity he’d walk but fat chance of that. No point waiting around, it’s not going to get better anytime soon.
Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 2493 viewsJames1980

Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:52 - Aug 16 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Time to go. If he had any dignity he’d walk but fat chance of that. No point waiting around, it’s not going to get better anytime soon.

How many managers do 'walk' though in these circumstances?

Robbie out. (n/t) on 23:06 - Aug 16 with 2175 viewsJames1980

What is the time line of a football managerial sacking? In the average workplace (with a decent HR policy) unless it is gross misconduct, there is usual a process of verbal warnings performance improvement plans, written warnings, final written warning and then contract termination.
Will there usually have been meetings a few games prior to a sacking in which the board will ask how the manager intends to improve things and they are given a chance to put those plans into action?

Robbie out. (n/t) on 02:57 - Aug 17 with 1998 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Robbie out. (n/t) on 23:06 - Aug 16 by James1980

What is the time line of a football managerial sacking? In the average workplace (with a decent HR policy) unless it is gross misconduct, there is usual a process of verbal warnings performance improvement plans, written warnings, final written warning and then contract termination.
Will there usually have been meetings a few games prior to a sacking in which the board will ask how the manager intends to improve things and they are given a chance to put those plans into action?

Football operates in a bubble, I would be amazed if performance management worked anywhere near like a process as you've described...although a PiP (performance improvement plan) is well overdue!

The culture is to wait for a payout and be moved on, which inevitably always happens.

From reading the different threads on the board there is a general consensus amongst fans that his time is up/should soon be up. The focus of fans ire can also be on the board of directors to take the ultimate decision as oppose to beating Stockdale to resign while he is clearly down and (almost) out.

I'd sincerely hope they have been considering potential replacements well in advance of taking the action to relive the manager of his duties.
Robbie out. (n/t) on 06:20 - Aug 17 with 1908 viewspaulscho

OUT OUT OUT
Times up Robbie your taking us over the cliff
OUT OUT OUT

livinginadalewonderland

Robbie out. (n/t) on 07:14 - Aug 17 with 1846 viewswheniwasyourage

My instinct is we are going down under RS, feels like the Barrow/Eyre/Coleman era's

Can I just ask... we keep making the point that we are a fan owned club, if we are, is there not a way the fans can officially communicate a vote of no confidence in the manager?

I should say, I am assuming a poll of fans would indicate we have lost confidence (I accept I could be wrong).
Robbie out. (n/t) on 07:31 - Aug 17 with 1788 viewsTalkingSutty

Robbie out. (n/t) on 07:14 - Aug 17 by wheniwasyourage

My instinct is we are going down under RS, feels like the Barrow/Eyre/Coleman era's

Can I just ask... we keep making the point that we are a fan owned club, if we are, is there not a way the fans can officially communicate a vote of no confidence in the manager?

I should say, I am assuming a poll of fans would indicate we have lost confidence (I accept I could be wrong).

It’s not down to the fans to make those sort of decisions and let’s remember every member of our boardroom from the Chairman down is also a fan, exactly the same as us. They are in place to make the footballing decisions and whether we agree with them all or not then we have to accept them, they aren’t going to get every call right obviously. The only way there should be fan intervention is if a bad apple turns up in the Boardroom, in that scenario a EGM is called and the apple is quickly removed, more than one apple if needs be. We are a fan owned club but can’t start interfering with boardroom decisions in any way, that’s my take on it anyway, trust the fellas/ ladies we have in place to make the right decisions for the club.
Robbie out. (n/t) on 08:05 - Aug 17 with 1705 viewswheniwasyourage

Robbie out. (n/t) on 07:31 - Aug 17 by TalkingSutty

It’s not down to the fans to make those sort of decisions and let’s remember every member of our boardroom from the Chairman down is also a fan, exactly the same as us. They are in place to make the footballing decisions and whether we agree with them all or not then we have to accept them, they aren’t going to get every call right obviously. The only way there should be fan intervention is if a bad apple turns up in the Boardroom, in that scenario a EGM is called and the apple is quickly removed, more than one apple if needs be. We are a fan owned club but can’t start interfering with boardroom decisions in any way, that’s my take on it anyway, trust the fellas/ ladies we have in place to make the right decisions for the club.

yeh, good point
Robbie out. (n/t) on 08:07 - Aug 17 with 1705 viewspioneer

Robbie out. (n/t) on 07:14 - Aug 17 by wheniwasyourage

The phrase “fan owned club” is used somewhat loosely.

We remain a shareholder owned club with many of the shareholders also being fans, and one of the bigger shareholdings being held by the Supporters trust.

As a shareholder owned club those with the largest shareholding have the most votes/power/influence.

So the ownership model is no different to say Manchester United, its just that our shares have not been bought up by ‘outside influences’ though not for the want of trying.

An alternative model is a membership based club, which has different forms, and is used on the continent in several countries. Spain and Germany being two.

Hornets tried a membership owned club….based on one member one vote. It seemed to work for a while but was not sustainable. Very low chance of someone investing large amounts in a club if they only get one vote (though that didnt stop Paul Omerod loaning Hornets a large amount…a loan which he eventually wrote off).
Robbie out. (n/t) on 08:42 - Aug 17 with 1606 viewsmikehunt

Are/were Ebsfleet run on those lines?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Robbie out. (n/t) on 09:23 - Aug 17 with 1500 viewspioneer

Robbie out. (n/t) on 08:42 - Aug 17 by mikehunt

Are/were Ebsfleet run on those lines?

I think it was a bit of a hybrid. Individuals paid an annual membership and members then had a ‘shareholding’ . But membership was on an annual basis and membership numbers quickly fell of as the novelty wore off. less memberships meant less money meant…..

Eventually the remaining members voted to split the shareholding between the supporters trust and a group ovf kuwati investors!
Robbie out. (n/t) on 09:32 - Aug 17 with 1469 viewspaulscho

Just looked the fixtures and i honestly cant see when the first point will come ?
Possible Crawley otherwise it could be October

livinginadalewonderland

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024