Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbie out. (n/t) 15:34 - Jul 30 with 30845 viewsRafc3

Poll: Stockdale: IN or OUT

Robbie out. (n/t) on 09:41 - Aug 17 with 4661 viewsDaleiLama

If both of those aren't fixed by Robbie then the board will have to fix it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:02 - Aug 17 with 4558 viewsSaxonDale

Robbie out. (n/t) on 09:41 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

If both of those aren't fixed by Robbie then the board will have to fix it.

It really is difficult to articulate just how poor we were last night. With the exception of Odoh, who has arguably been our best player so far this season, that was a team of players brought into the club by Stockdale.

I couldnā€™t tell you what the gameplan was and although Stevenage were very functional, they didnā€™t seem to be a team full of stars. Steve Evans has got results against us many times in the past but yesterday was the first time Iā€™ve ever thought his team were the better footballing team.

Some players look woefully short of confidence and others simply donā€™t look good enough for football at this level. Our preseason preparations donā€™t seem to have had the desired impact and things will only get worse as confidence goes.There were several times where the players simply didnā€™t seem capable or to know what they had been asked to do. Stockdale canā€™t sort this out now. Unfortunately itā€™s gone past the point of no return. I expect heā€™ll be relieved of his duties today.
Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:07 - Aug 17 with 4520 viewsBucketBstard

We are 4 games in and bottom of the league, bereft of talent or ideas on the pitch.
This is a sad season already, and any new manager is going to struggle with the assembled team. Even in the dark days of 70's 80's and 90's we always had one or two gifted players.
Has the standard improved so much in the British game , that the likes of Peter Ward, O'Shaunessy , Whitehall , Flounders, Reeves , Frain , Cooke and Reid etc , couldnt get into this team?
Perhaps I have fond memories of the past but I did enjoy at least watching these players.
At the moment I cant see anyone making it an enjoyable experience watching the Dale.
As I said earlier and I agree to some extent with TVOS , that money cant buy success in National Conf league , but it surely helps since Wrexham were just pipped at the post and I think they will be up next season. Hopefully not at our exspense. But I could see us struggling at the bottom of that league as well.
Sorry if I upset people with my comments but its all opinions and the way I see it and did from last season is that the poor manager is not up to the job.
Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:21 - Aug 17 with 4454 viewsD_Alien

Robbie out. (n/t) on 07:31 - Aug 17 by TalkingSutty

Itā€™s not down to the fans to make those sort of decisions and letā€™s remember every member of our boardroom from the Chairman down is also a fan, exactly the same as us. They are in place to make the footballing decisions and whether we agree with them all or not then we have to accept them, they arenā€™t going to get every call right obviously. The only way there should be fan intervention is if a bad apple turns up in the Boardroom, in that scenario a EGM is called and the apple is quickly removed, more than one apple if needs be. We are a fan owned club but canā€™t start interfering with boardroom decisions in any way, thatā€™s my take on it anyway, trust the fellas/ ladies we have in place to make the right decisions for the club.

Agree with this

Fans can - and should - make their views known via the terraces and social media but having a direct say in footballing matters is a recipe for chaos. I'm prepared to wait for our board to reach its own conclusions before joining in any vocal dissent at games. I believe we should all turn up to support the team, although from the way they seem to be playing they might be hoping for a change in management and asap

I'm also inclined to think that Jimmy Shan has a less than positive influence, although that's only based on scraps coming out like his touchline put-down of Charman last season. I very much doubt RS would sacrifice Shan in the hope of a change for the better; Shan's his man and the buck stops with RS

Will he get two more games? And i wonder how Hendo views all this? Does he spot an opportunity (he's just completed a Sports Management course) perhaps with Big Jim as no.2? Might he even have seen this scenario before signing? Who knows, but things need to look very different by the end of this month. Doing nothing and hoping for the best is no longer an option

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Robbie out. (n/t) on 11:16 - Aug 17 with 4298 viewsDaleiLama

Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:21 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

Agree with this

Fans can - and should - make their views known via the terraces and social media but having a direct say in footballing matters is a recipe for chaos. I'm prepared to wait for our board to reach its own conclusions before joining in any vocal dissent at games. I believe we should all turn up to support the team, although from the way they seem to be playing they might be hoping for a change in management and asap

I'm also inclined to think that Jimmy Shan has a less than positive influence, although that's only based on scraps coming out like his touchline put-down of Charman last season. I very much doubt RS would sacrifice Shan in the hope of a change for the better; Shan's his man and the buck stops with RS

Will he get two more games? And i wonder how Hendo views all this? Does he spot an opportunity (he's just completed a Sports Management course) perhaps with Big Jim as no.2? Might he even have seen this scenario before signing? Who knows, but things need to look very different by the end of this month. Doing nothing and hoping for the best is no longer an option

Agree with pretty much all of that, though like you the evidence about Shan is purely anecdotal. The influence of the whole of RS and JS appears to be less the sum of the parts of the partnership.

Hendo looks as flat as a pancake on here.

Edit: Just seen it posted on another thread. Oops
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 11:29]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Robbie out. (n/t) on 12:56 - Aug 17 with 4068 viewsTalkingSutty

Agree with this

Some proper food for thought there. I have always viewed Jim as a excellent club man, somebody who is probably great at getting along with everybody and everybody else gets along with him. Those qualities are admirable but i'm sceptical as to whether he would make a manager, would he be ruthless enough or would some take advantage of his personality and interpret it as a weakness? I have a feeling that he would make a good coach or maybe a number two to somebody else?

Ian Henderson is a interesting call, somebody who is obviously very focused and an achiever not only on the pitch but also off it, he is used to leading teams as shown in his work with Herbalife and has captained some very good teams at the Dale. He seems to be somebody who leads by example and gets frustrated at those who don't measure up. I think he could end up managing and might be cut out to be the number one.

So Hendo as manager with Jim as the number two is a good shout and not one that should be instantly dismissed, my big concern though is their lack of experience, especially with us sitting rock bottom of the EFL. Our last two rookie managers have both struggled big time so why should we go down that same route again?

The next appointment is probably the most important one in the clubs history, or at least one of them. If we don't get it right then we probably drop out of the EFL, in view of that i think we need somebody who has actually walked the walk and has experience of quickly organising a team and making us hard to beat, has connections regarding signing a few players etc, also putting a smile on the players faces and lifting the whole club.

Over to Simon and his team now to.make the right call, no pressure!
Robbie out. (n/t) on 13:06 - Aug 17 with 4019 viewsBarrowdale

We dont need experience. We just need to put the basics in place.
Hereā€™s some for a start that could only improve us.
1. Play 442, and defenders just defend
2. Stop all short goal kicks NOW
3. Stop recycling backwards so we always have to beat 11 players
4. No zonal marking
5. Leave our 2 smallest players up front when defending corners/set pieces
6. Attack, attack

There. Simple
Robbie out. (n/t) on 16:03 - Aug 17 with 3712 viewsAtThePeake

Robbie out. (n/t) on 21:52 - Aug 16 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Time to go. If he had any dignity heā€™d walk but fat chance of that. No point waiting around, itā€™s not going to get better anytime soon.

I've never liked the idea that a manager is lacking 'dignity' if he decides not to walk away from paid employment. He has a family and future career to think of. The club have offered him a contract and if they decide he isn't up to the standard required then it's up to them to pay that contract up.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Robbie out. (n/t) on 16:20 - Aug 17 with 3643 viewsAtThePeake

Robbie out. (n/t) on 13:06 - Aug 17 by Barrowdale

We dont need experience. We just need to put the basics in place.
Hereā€™s some for a start that could only improve us.
1. Play 442, and defenders just defend
2. Stop all short goal kicks NOW
3. Stop recycling backwards so we always have to beat 11 players
4. No zonal marking
5. Leave our 2 smallest players up front when defending corners/set pieces
6. Attack, attack

There. Simple

Three of the four teams that won promotion from L2 last season played most regularly with three at the back.

As others have pointed out many times, the formation isn't the problem.

Tangled up in blue.

Robbie out. (n/t) on 16:24 - Aug 17 with 3634 viewselectricblue

Agree with this

Im under the same conclusion about Shan......
I would not mind if shan was moved on and somebody like Tony Parkes helped out instead.......
Surely there is better out there to help RS.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Robbie out. (n/t) on 16:31 - Aug 17 with 3614 viewsTVOS1907

Robbie out. (n/t) on 16:24 - Aug 17 by electricblue

I would not mind if shan was moved on and somebody like Tony Parkes helped out instead.......

Good effort again, but Tony Parkes, aged 73, is currently suffering with Alzheimer's and is in residential care.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/tony-parkes---blackburn-legend---care-fund
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 16:46]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Robbie out. (n/t) on 16:54 - Aug 17 with 3523 viewsfitzochris

Robbie out. (n/t) on 16:24 - Aug 17 by electricblue

Tony Parkes???

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Robbie out. (n/t) on 16:55 - Aug 17 with 3517 viewselectricblue

Robbie out. (n/t) on 16:31 - Aug 17 by TVOS1907

Good effort again, but Tony Parkes, aged 73, is currently suffering with Alzheimer's and is in residential care.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/tony-parkes---blackburn-legend---care-fund
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 16:46]

Somebody like Tony Parkes.........

Flippin eck i didnt that he was so bad......

Poor guy, i know what its like as the mothering law passed away from it a couple of years ago.
Knocked the missus and her sister for six..
Her sister as still not properly come to terms with it properly...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Robbie out. (n/t) on 20:09 - Aug 17 with 3112 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Robbie out. (n/t) on 16:20 - Aug 17 by AtThePeake

Three of the four teams that won promotion from L2 last season played most regularly with three at the back.

As others have pointed out many times, the formation isn't the problem.

Playing 3 centre halves and 2 holding midfielders is brilliant, crowded but brilliant.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Robbie out. (n/t) on 20:25 - Aug 17 with 3026 views442Dale

Robbie out. (n/t) on 20:09 - Aug 17 by BigDaveMyCock

Playing 3 centre halves and 2 holding midfielders is brilliant, crowded but brilliant.

The problem with that particular situation is that they arenā€™t both supposed to be holding but Ball isnā€™t looking like the sort of player to link midfield and attack as his passing has been way off. We started the season with a midfield three and itā€™s now a two with the forward players seemingly given more licence to interchange - well thatā€™s what happened v Burton and Grimsby when we did well. Since then confidence has dropped further and Tulloch in particular looks anonymous.

Management debates to one side, we really be looking to play Brierley regularly. If Seriki is injured, weā€™ll have to change formation but not sure itā€™ll help much.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 20:27]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Robbie out. (n/t) on 08:23 - Aug 18 with 2528 viewspaulscho

First point is coming from which game ?
RS has had 14 months time to Exit the Building.

OUT OUT OUT

livinginadalewonderland

Robbie out. (n/t) on 09:36 - Aug 18 with 2346 viewsBucketBstard

OMG whats all this Big Jim business???? FFS he has been one of the poorest defenders we have had in years. I could count his good games on one hand and I aint from burnley so I dont have 6 fingers. I am amazed that this loser is still at the club. Should of been shipped out years ago.
Mr McNumpty if you are given the reigns, and the chance to speak up and influence the team how you wish, I would love nothing more than you succeeding and proving me wrong. Alas I dont think that would happen , but you never know.
All I know is this team is down and out already, Doesnt matter about formations , the players brought in by RS are not league standard, and dont have the attitude to win, there lies the real issue.
Robbie out. (n/t) on 09:52 - Aug 18 with 2287 viewskel

Are you on loop?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 9:52]
Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:05 - Aug 18 with 2232 viewsEllDale

I think that if RS was going this week then it would happened already.
So he looks to have at least one more game in charge,
The club are advertising vacant seats on the coach to Swindon.
I wonder why?
Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:40 - Aug 18 with 2124 viewsTVOS1907

Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:05 - Aug 18 by EllDale

I wonder why?

Vacant coach seats are advertised at around this time before every away game.

Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:41 - Aug 18 with 2105 viewsTVOS1907

Robbie out. (n/t) on 09:36 - Aug 18 by BucketBstard

OMG whats all this Big Jim business???? FFS he has been one of the poorest defenders we have had in years. I could count his good games on one hand and I aint from burnley so I dont have 6 fingers. I am amazed that this loser is still at the club. Should of been shipped out years ago.
Mr McNumpty if you are given the reigns, and the chance to speak up and influence the team how you wish, I would love nothing more than you succeeding and proving me wrong. Alas I dont think that would happen , but you never know.
All I know is this team is down and out already, Doesnt matter about formations , the players brought in by RS are not league standard, and dont have the attitude to win, there lies the real issue.

Yeah, you've already said.

BTW, Keith Hill was a fairly rudimentary defender...
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 10:42]

Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:57 - Aug 18 with 2013 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:41 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

Yeah, you've already said.

BTW, Keith Hill was a fairly rudimentary defender...
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 10:42]

He was a lot better than McNulty, and had played at a good level with Blackburn. He was a no nonsense old style center half who didn't have great footwork but could tackle and head well. Any shortcomings of McNulty' as a player do not mean he could not be a good coach or manager, but I would rather our next manager be someone who has fought and won a relegation battle, because that's what we are in now. If they were to give an inexperienced player the job, I would want them to have an experienced assistant, and no I don't have any names, I don't know who's available or potentially in our price range. McNulty or Henderson would potentially be a cheaper option .

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Robbie out. (n/t) on 11:08 - Aug 18 with 1982 viewsTVOS1907

Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:57 - Aug 18 by foreverhopefulDale

He was a lot better than McNulty, and had played at a good level with Blackburn. He was a no nonsense old style center half who didn't have great footwork but could tackle and head well. Any shortcomings of McNulty' as a player do not mean he could not be a good coach or manager, but I would rather our next manager be someone who has fought and won a relegation battle, because that's what we are in now. If they were to give an inexperienced player the job, I would want them to have an experienced assistant, and no I don't have any names, I don't know who's available or potentially in our price range. McNulty or Henderson would potentially be a cheaper option .

I agree, but the thinking behind my point was that how someone was as a player doesn't necessarily translate to how they will be as a manager.

Like Hill, though, McNulty has also played second tier football in his career for Barnsley (and possibly Brighton - need to look that one up).

Robbie out. (n/t) on 12:11 - Aug 18 with 1787 viewsQuigley_dale

Robbie out. (n/t) on 11:08 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

I agree, but the thinking behind my point was that how someone was as a player doesn't necessarily translate to how they will be as a manager.

Like Hill, though, McNulty has also played second tier football in his career for Barnsley (and possibly Brighton - need to look that one up).

Barnsley and Scunthorpe.
Robbie out. (n/t) on 12:13 - Aug 18 with 1781 viewsDickydaler

Robbie out. (n/t) on 10:05 - Aug 18 by EllDale

I wonder why?

Because it is a long way and expensive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024