Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans' Forum 15:36 - Aug 8 with 4977 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-08-04/fans-forum-questions-southampton-f

Not that we will be listened to, and we will probably hear the same stupid questions about things we don't care about, but anyone willing to send a question to the club using the link above? I have sent one in asking why it has taken 5 years to sort out a terrible defence.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fans' Forum on 23:50 - Aug 10 with 966 viewsBazza

I was disappointed that first responses were not followed up with more searching questions eg Ralph blamed poor end of season on Broja loss of form but what about the other 10 highly paid players failing? Think Semmens was careful not to criticise Ralph and instead got into the odd comment that the team need strong support to succeed.(instead of Ralph out chants?) Paying spectators should not be expected to cheer rubbish.
Semmens did say that some players may still soon be leaving and others joining but understandably cut the comment short. The Women's coach was more direct than Ralph’s mumbling charm.
Generally frustrating discussion but what can you expect from a group of colleagues needing to be positive.
Fans' Forum on 15:57 - Aug 11 with 656 viewssaint901

Just carefully managed corporate PR.

A slight positive thought however.

I have a contact who is an out of possession coach at a PL team. He says that Saints give him real problems because he can never work out what tactics RH might use.

On the downside, he also said that once he's seen the first 20 minutes, he can put a plan together because he knows it won't change in the next 70.
Fans' Forum on 16:14 - Aug 11 with 649 viewsPatfromPoole

Fans' Forum on 15:57 - Aug 11 by saint901

Just carefully managed corporate PR.

A slight positive thought however.

I have a contact who is an out of possession coach at a PL team. He says that Saints give him real problems because he can never work out what tactics RH might use.

On the downside, he also said that once he's seen the first 20 minutes, he can put a plan together because he knows it won't change in the next 70.

This kind of ties in with a comment Hassenhutl made last night.

He said that with younger players, it takes them time to get used to a new system.

He seemed to be indicating this is why Ketchup didn’t play on Saturday.

But to my mind this makes buying younger players even more of a high-risk strategy.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Fans' Forum on 17:40 - Aug 11 with 591 viewsfranniesTache

Fans' Forum on 16:14 - Aug 11 by PatfromPoole

This kind of ties in with a comment Hassenhutl made last night.

He said that with younger players, it takes them time to get used to a new system.

He seemed to be indicating this is why Ketchup didn’t play on Saturday.

But to my mind this makes buying younger players even more of a high-risk strategy.

If I was reading between the lines I think Ralph is done for, there’s too much leaking out of the club at the moment and the last time I heard so many stories about players unhappy and general unrest behind the curtain was just before Puel was sacked.

You have to wonder if the amount of leaks right now is people putting pressure on a manager they think should be gone, because when the club wants to shut shop they do it, and they do it very well

Edit cause I’ve literally just seen this, and if that’s true his done

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/sport/210999/exclusive-ralph-hasenhuttl-has-l
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 17:44]
Fans' Forum on 18:30 - Aug 11 with 549 views1885_SFC

Fans' Forum on 17:40 - Aug 11 by franniesTache

If I was reading between the lines I think Ralph is done for, there’s too much leaking out of the club at the moment and the last time I heard so many stories about players unhappy and general unrest behind the curtain was just before Puel was sacked.

You have to wonder if the amount of leaks right now is people putting pressure on a manager they think should be gone, because when the club wants to shut shop they do it, and they do it very well

Edit cause I’ve literally just seen this, and if that’s true his done

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/sport/210999/exclusive-ralph-hasenhuttl-has-l
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 17:44]

The sooner the fella goes, the better. Always liked Ralph. He's that sort of bloke... just really "nice". But the signs have been there for ages & the fans aren't fools. Something's wrong and despite all the concerns and worries that go with a new manager coming in, we cannot go on like this or we are doomed.

Sort it out Saints and do what needs to be done.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024