Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans' Forum 15:36 - Aug 8 with 4976 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-08-04/fans-forum-questions-southampton-f

Not that we will be listened to, and we will probably hear the same stupid questions about things we don't care about, but anyone willing to send a question to the club using the link above? I have sent one in asking why it has taken 5 years to sort out a terrible defence.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fans' Forum on 20:45 - Aug 10 with 1228 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 20:38 - Aug 10 by Butty101

Yeah you heard that. If the fans are not up for it the players wont be.

That's right, that's what he said. Your man on 100 pounds a week has to be up for it, otherwise your player on 100 grand a week won't be up for it.

Disgraceful comment really I think.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 20:45]

Fans' Forum on 20:54 - Aug 10 with 1183 viewsStAnt

Fans' Forum on 20:26 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

Semmens definitely scored an own goal when he said “yeah, I’ve had to watch all the games as well” to the guy who said he had been to every game last season and seen a lot of sub-standard performances.

Difference is it probably cost that guy over £5,000, Martin……
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 20:27]

That is a childish and pathetic response from someone in Semmen's position. He really should not be drawn into petty exchanges. If that is his level then he's not fit for the job.
Fans' Forum on 20:56 - Aug 10 with 1179 viewsStAnt

Another juvenile response from Semmens.
Fans' Forum on 21:05 - Aug 10 with 1138 viewsTripleNiemi

Fans' Forum on 20:32 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

That's very true Semmens probably gets a free ticket, a free meal and he is on a 6 figure salary. First time, I have thought Semmens came across as completely out of touch and couldn't care a less about the fans.

Bring back Cortese - no fcuking freebies to all the freeloaders.

As Tesco says 'Every penny counts'....don't we know it
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 21:07]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Fans' Forum on 21:10 - Aug 10 with 1115 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph came across well to me. The others came across badly. I have stuck up for Ralph until now, when enough is enough, with constant defeats but you know what, he gave passionate responses, he looked fed up because he cares, he looked like he was hurting, whereas the others just gave corporate answers and got stuck into having a go at the fans from bad behaviour, to not getting behind the team to saying we should be happy we are still in the PL. Ralph came across to me as understanding our pain, whereas the others have a load of spin as if they couldn't care a less.

Fans' Forum on 21:10 - Aug 10 with 1114 viewsfranniesTache

So the club confirmed everything I said in the other thread then? Maybe it’s time for our fans to realise is Southampton football club and city of Southampton we support, not a manager or CEO
Fans' Forum on 21:17 - Aug 10 with 1102 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 21:10 - Aug 10 by franniesTache

So the club confirmed everything I said in the other thread then? Maybe it’s time for our fans to realise is Southampton football club and city of Southampton we support, not a manager or CEO

What did they confirm? That Semmens going to the game on his 6 figure salary, free meal and free seat in an executive box at every ground is just as easy as the average fan? That the players on 100 grand a week won't be up for it unless the fans are. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

As I said, I thought Ralph came out of it well, rightly agreeing we were sh!t at Brentford. The others tried to pretend the Ayers always give 100 per cent effort.

That yes there has been some bad behaviour at the ground, but they refuse to answer the question pushed by a fan that it's away fans causing some of the issues. He just said the stewards deal with it, yet we know they don't.

And that they don't agree that we need an experienced defender even though we concede the most goals in the whole league and Nick and others have been saying it for years.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 21:20]

Fans' Forum on 21:21 - Aug 10 with 1080 viewsfranniesTache

Fans' Forum on 21:17 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

What did they confirm? That Semmens going to the game on his 6 figure salary, free meal and free seat in an executive box at every ground is just as easy as the average fan? That the players on 100 grand a week won't be up for it unless the fans are. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

As I said, I thought Ralph came out of it well, rightly agreeing we were sh!t at Brentford. The others tried to pretend the Ayers always give 100 per cent effort.

That yes there has been some bad behaviour at the ground, but they refuse to answer the question pushed by a fan that it's away fans causing some of the issues. He just said the stewards deal with it, yet we know they don't.

And that they don't agree that we need an experienced defender even though we concede the most goals in the whole league and Nick and others have been saying it for years.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 21:20]

That the board are disconnected from the fans and don’t get Southampton the city or the fans, that they’ve been told by the FA and police what they have to do and that ultimately they expect our blind loyalty no matter what happens
Login to get fewer ads

Fans' Forum on 21:25 - Aug 10 with 1065 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 21:21 - Aug 10 by franniesTache

That the board are disconnected from the fans and don’t get Southampton the city or the fans, that they’ve been told by the FA and police what they have to do and that ultimately they expect our blind loyalty no matter what happens

Totally agree.

Fans' Forum on 21:28 - Aug 10 with 1051 viewsSaintNick

Fans' Forum on 21:25 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

Totally agree.

I dont totally disagree with you, the likes of Semmens etc are not football people, but they have been here for best part of 4- 5 years now so should have got some of it by now.

In truth I think their job is to rune the business side of things now and Rasmus Ankersen oversees the football side of things, you would hope that Ankersen being a football man will have some influence going forward.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fans' Forum on 21:33 - Aug 10 with 1023 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 21:28 - Aug 10 by SaintNick

I dont totally disagree with you, the likes of Semmens etc are not football people, but they have been here for best part of 4- 5 years now so should have got some of it by now.

In truth I think their job is to rune the business side of things now and Rasmus Ankersen oversees the football side of things, you would hope that Ankersen being a football man will have some influence going forward.

Ralph is a football person and he came across well. I'm losing faith in him and can't argue with the terrible performances on the pitch, I really can't, but I still like his passion and he really cares about this club and to me he understood the fans' concerns. That came across to me from Ralph.

Semmens on the other hand is an out of touch, couldn't care a less, business man who doesn't get our support base at all. His answers about fans not supporting the team and how he travels the country too, were very clumsy and he will upset a lot of fans with those comments. Where was the thank you for the effort you put in during a cost of living crisis? Totally out of touch, didn't like how he came across at all. He also kept butting in, and answering questions directed at Ralph. Ralph looked thoroughly p!ssed off at those points.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 21:36]

Fans' Forum on 21:37 - Aug 10 with 1014 viewsfranniesTache

If the club had half a brain they’d be looking to get kids in from the estates around the city instead of giving away free tickets to away games to plastics from America who have no connection to our city. They’d do social media about the 80 year mushes who’ve followed saints their life not the telly clapper from india who couldn’t point out hinkler or the flower roads on a map.

But they don’t want it to represent the city cause the people in the city don’t have enough cash
Fans' Forum on 21:41 - Aug 10 with 999 viewsPoirot

A right mess for Semmens and going down roads he shouldnt have done.

Its an easy cop out to blame fans when its actually the manager and players that are the problem. Ticket prices, players wages and the media hype these days is why fans can get fed up rather quickly.

The twelveman tuns up when needed thats for sure.
Fans' Forum on 21:41 - Aug 10 with 998 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 21:37 - Aug 10 by franniesTache

If the club had half a brain they’d be looking to get kids in from the estates around the city instead of giving away free tickets to away games to plastics from America who have no connection to our city. They’d do social media about the 80 year mushes who’ve followed saints their life not the telly clapper from india who couldn’t point out hinkler or the flower roads on a map.

But they don’t want it to represent the city cause the people in the city don’t have enough cash

Again, couldn't agree more. Get some future supporters in and give the kids in our community something to do and be excited about (or not!). But it's a PL thing too isn't it. I'm hating the PL, of which Saints are apart of, more and more. It's about money, not the fans any more.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 21:44]

Fans' Forum on 21:51 - Aug 10 with 943 viewsButty101

Fans' Forum on 21:41 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

Again, couldn't agree more. Get some future supporters in and give the kids in our community something to do and be excited about (or not!). But it's a PL thing too isn't it. I'm hating the PL, of which Saints are apart of, more and more. It's about money, not the fans any more.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 21:44]

In previous years Semmens has come across well. But this time one own goal after another.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fans' Forum on 21:52 - Aug 10 with 941 viewsPatfromPoole

If Semmens signs us a really good CB and two proper strikers, this will soon be forgotten.

It’s if and when things continue to be pear-shaped on the pitch that Semmens has just given people a stick to beat him with.

He has always come across as pretty polished before, I wonder if the pressure is getting to him as well…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Fans' Forum on 21:56 - Aug 10 with 931 viewsSaintNick

Fans' Forum on 21:52 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

If Semmens signs us a really good CB and two proper strikers, this will soon be forgotten.

It’s if and when things continue to be pear-shaped on the pitch that Semmens has just given people a stick to beat him with.

He has always come across as pretty polished before, I wonder if the pressure is getting to him as well…..

On another note what did Marieanne Spacey-Kale have to say, are we looking good on the Womens front

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fans' Forum on 22:02 - Aug 10 with 905 views1teeminants

He has got a point. Our support can be shit. We need a home end 😎

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Fans' Forum on 22:02 - Aug 10 with 894 viewsPatfromPoole

Fans' Forum on 21:56 - Aug 10 by SaintNick

On another note what did Marieanne Spacey-Kale have to say, are we looking good on the Womens front

I wasn’t really taking note, sorry.

One guy put his hand up who follows the women’s side and said could the club do double-headers at SMS whereby you watch the ladies game and then the men’s game.

TBH if you were allowed to drink beer during the ladies’ game, this may not be the worst idea of all time.

Amusingly Steele came across as not having a fooking clue about the women’s team.

Fans' Forum on 22:03 - Aug 10 with 887 viewsPatfromPoole

Fans' Forum on 22:02 - Aug 10 by 1teeminants

He has got a point. Our support can be shit. We need a home end 😎

Whoosh……

Fans' Forum on 22:03 - Aug 10 with 888 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 21:56 - Aug 10 by SaintNick

Nothing of any interest to most of us I would imagine, other than come to the games and how she is pleased with how the women's team is progressing

Fans' Forum on 22:21 - Aug 10 with 844 viewssaintwizzler

As said earlier a couple of interesting questions but on the whole the usual waste of time.
Hassenhüttl waffling was hard to understand and Semmens made a complete cock of himself at the end.
The bird said something but I fast forwarded it.
I’ve zero interest in Women’s football or indeed any other club apart from Southampton FC mens.
Good luck to them but not for me Clive.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Fans' Forum on 22:30 - Aug 10 with 821 viewsBicester_North

Fans' Forum on 21:51 - Aug 10 by Butty101

In previous years Semmens has come across well. But this time one own goal after another.

Another pathetic executive helmet who knows f*ck all dismantling a community club for the pie in the sky big dollar.
The world is run by dickheads and he’s just another low ranked business speak cheesemonger in amongst it

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Fans' Forum on 22:46 - Aug 10 with 781 viewsButty101

It was pathetic, banging on about it being the most competitive league in any sport . Except it’s nothing of the sort

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fans' Forum on 23:28 - Aug 10 with 738 viewsPatfromPoole

Fans' Forum on 22:46 - Aug 10 by Butty101

It was pathetic, banging on about it being the most competitive league in any sport . Except it’s nothing of the sort

Yeah, that was just total guff.

It’s just the League with the most dirty money in it. Nothing at all to gloat about.

Pound for pound La Liga and Serie A are streets ahead.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024